Expectations v Luton

Expecting nothing, injury list growing meaning even less choice.....so 0-4 Wednesday nailed on and the bi polar nature of the internet takes over, people start talking about clawing back the 6 point gap to the top 6, that is before Joao scores a 94th minute leveller for Reading on Saurday and meltdown ensues.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Quote from the Star this am... 

"Sheffield Wednesday boss Garry Monk has explained that a top six finish this season was never a realistic aim for his side as they look ahead to a trip to bottom-placed Luton tomorrow." 

So he was just humouring us here then...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/efl/599077/sheffield-wednesday-garry-monk-ambitions/amp/

Guest Bulgaria

It got to that point now where rather than being angry we are just taking the pisss.

Strikingly familiar to the end of Dave Jones tenure when backing Wednesday to lose was printing money.

33 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We were third on Boxing Day and if held on v Stoke we would have been something like 2 points off the automatic places.
Cant tell me that comfortable mid table was the aim at that point.

You should never expect to win a league game but against Luton and in every game I expect us to be competitive, put in a shift and be organised.
I don't think that is asking too much of people on probably an average of £1m per year salary myself.

Why do some think “anything other than a win is unacceptable”?

Here’s their last home games, starting with the most recent:-

Cardiff 0-1

Derby 3-2

Brum 1-2

Fulham 3-3

Swans 0-1

Wigan 2-1

Charlton 2-1

Leeds 1-2

Forest 1-2

Bristol C 3-0

Even if we were on form it’s a tough place to go. And our form is off the scale dire.

At some point we will turn it round. Maybe the 3 new players + Forestieri won’t be infected by the malaise affecting the rest, and between them they have enough class to pick us up. Needs to be soon.

42 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Impossible to say til we see the team Monk is able to put out.

Agreed, if our CB pairing is Borner and Iorfa we'll probably win. We need Fox back, Palmer/Urhoghide (or even Odubajo) at RB and Lees on the bench. 

It be hard for me to can try on backing this manager if we only collect 2 points or less from the bottom two teams in the division who are not exactly in form 

it would show how way we have fallen and if lose faith in the management 

he as a new attack,the results have been shocking  the performances have been worse he’s brought in three players plus got Fessi back if he can’t pick up results against Barnsley and Luton 

then I ask where do we actually go from here

this is the form table in the last 9 games where the only game we’ve won is the leeds game and look where they are in form table 

losing to Luton could put us bottom of the form table table and that’s a sizeable chunk of the season 10 games 

how do you defend that

its nearly half the season and considering we’d all ready started the season before monk took over it seems like he’s taking us in one direction rapidly 

results don’t lie 

1A6D2746-2E9A-4ED3-A8B9-A9EAC09AAB8A.png

On paper we should win, but the problem is that the game isn't being played on paper.

Luton will be well up for it as they wont want to be cut adrift at the bottom - and we will need to match their commitment and energy if we are going to get a result.

TBH, I'm half expecting the worst.

3 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Luton 1 - 0 Owls

Penalty 54th minute . Pelupessy sent off.

If I was manager Pelupessy would never be sent off. Because he wouldn't be picked .:biggrin:

From someone whose usually glass half full, I'm not expecting owt tonight. 

My minimum expectation when mistakes have been made in the previous game is that they aren't repeated.

I'm not so much talking about the individual errors of the players, but in the way we're set up, which is squarely on Monk.

We were swamped in midfield plain and simple against Barnsley, and they pressed us high and hard.

I suspect Luton will actually be quite similar so I expect Monk to put an extra man in midfield; Luongo if fit, and Lee otherwise. Ideally, Hutchinson would replace Pelupessy too, but that's unlikely to happen, and ought to be less of an issue anyway so long as we get the extra midfielder in.

4 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

It got to that point now where rather than being angry we are just taking the pisss.

Strikingly familiar to the end of Dave Jones tenure when backing Wednesday to lose was printing money.

It's Gallows humour mate 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

If I was manager Pelupessy would never be sent off. Because he wouldn't be picked .:biggrin:

From someone whose usually glass half full, I'm not expecting owt tonight

You'll definitely not be disappointed then :biggrin:

• Haha 1