Expectations v Luton

Coming out of 3 fixtures with Wigan, Barnsley and Luton with only 4 points is a disaster - anything less would be a disgrace.

these fixtures were an opportunity to at least suggest we hadn’t thrown in the play-offs which we’ve missed.

I think Monk needs a radical rethink about the system that we employ, the performances and points won since Fletcher was injured is shocking.  If we carry on in the same vain we won't need a points deduction to be relegated.

We are so predictable, all clubs need to do is stick an extra man in midfield and stick a big thug on our target man and we are lost.

I expect the same old system and performance.

• Like 1

Very little first half effort.

Subs on in the second half sparks a bit of life, but Luton hold on for a 1-0 win.

We make Luton look like a Premier league side in the making.

Bazza drops deep to pick the ball up from Lees most of the game, to stop Lees hoofing it out on the full. Unfortunately he has nobody to pass to, due to Big Dave continually sprinting in the wrong direction, and keeps hitting him on the back of the head.

Joey makes a tackle, and the whole team celebrates only for it to be chalked off as his 7th foul of the first 5 minutes.

Dawson almost scores a worldy slicing the ball against his own bar.

Monk says he's still fuming at the end of the game.

DC continues his vow of silence implemented because Owlstalk keeps picking on him.

I think I've pretty much nailed it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Positive start - goal after 15 mins to put us in lead.

missed opportunity to make it 2 shortly after.

following hour sees us create nothing and Luton gradually get on top and equalise with around 15mins to go.

we frantically try to hold on to the draw to come out with something from the game but concede again shortly before the end.

just enough time for us to get a corner in injury time where atdhe plays head tennis with himself in the box trying to force it home but it’s ultimately cleared.

monk says that it’s a process and there were positives and that we’ll take the positives with the negatives but also the positives mean there’s not as many negatives so stay positive for next week.

Edited by ka58

3 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Having read this thread so far I don't think I'll bother following the match tonight. Pretty much summed up with 12 hours to go till kick off.

Up the Owls anyway.

I wouldn’t turn up tonight either.you'll be the only one there.

8 hours ago, Bez said:

Right, come on.  Out with it.

Before we play Luton, what do you EXPECT.

• We are playing poorly, 
  • New players who haven't developed chemistry yet, 
  • Luton in terrible form, 
  • Away from home against a 'spoiler' relegation team who we always play badley against.

Set your expectations here.

I expect:

• We won't be able to pass or maintain possession,
  • Game just like Barnsley match, 
  • Hoof ball, very little quality, 
  • 1-0 to us at HT, 
  • Finish 1-1 through a Luton scrappy goal.

A drab god awful game, we may scrap a point

0-0 first half... three great goals for the Owls without reply in the second, McCulloch, Megson and Bannister....hold on hold on, that was back in the eighties with big Jack, sorry about that...1-0 to Luton , Pelupessy passback to Dawson which he kicks into his own net.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I never expect anything from Wednesday, that way I'm never disappointed. 

Exactly. It’s all those with expectations that lose their s h it when we lose