Jump to content

Recommended Posts

what new manager is coming in the summer better than monk? there will be very little money in summer for wages ,the wage bill is been cut to get in line with ffp . whatever leave will be replaced by half there wages . that happened last summer too . so who we going to get on half monks wages? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's swimming agiant the tide somewhat on here at the moment, but I don't think Monk's doing too badly overall.

 

He started well, getting us more points in his first 18 matches at the helm than Bruce managed during his tenure...

 

29 points out of 18 games for Bruce

30 points out of 18 games for Monk

 

And it's worth remembering that Bruce had the likes of Hooper, Forestieri, João and Matias to call upon, as well as a fit Fletcher. Whereas once Fletcher got injured, Monk was reduced to trying to fashion a strikeforce out of Winnall, Nuhiu and Rhodes. Failing to replace those that left with a single new striker was criminal, really.

 

We've reverted to the mean somewhat in Fletcher's absence, though our current slump is being felt more acutely due to the fact that we were doing so well up until Christmas, and the feeling that the top end of the division isn't particularly strong this season.

 

Hopefully the new signings will help us rediscover our previous form and we can look forward to next season with a bit of optimism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

what new manager is coming in the summer better than monk? there will be very little money in summer for wages ,the wage bill is been cut to get in line with ffp . whatever leave will be replaced by half there wages . that happened last summer too . so who we going to get on half monks wages? 


Cheers for that Chairman, when’s next fans forum ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way he wants/sets us up to play is worrisome. Anti-football at the moment. I don't buy into that being the players, the players don't just decide to lump it up the pitch. Dawson doesn't hoof it every single time because he wants to. All of those are manager instructions. We had some bad games under Bruce and the 2 Steves before he came in but statistically the football on show wasn't even close to this bob being served up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t relish the thought of the type of upheaval, that searching for a new manager brings. However, with so many senior players out of contract, it will be a period of turmoil anyway. Would I trust Monk with the rebuild? Well not on the evidence so far. For those saying, we need to give him a few windows, before we judge him. Again that’s fair enough, but things aren’t rubbish, then suddenly becoming great at the end of the process. You want to signs that there’s a plan in place, you want to see progress being made

Edited by gurujuan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monk won’t be here in summer,   Genuinely think it’s a matter of time before Carlos Carvalhal round two 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

The way he wants/sets us up to play is worrisome. Anti-football at the moment. I don't buy into that being the players, the players don't just decide to lump it up the pitch. Dawson doesn't hoof it every single time because he wants to. All of those are manager instructions. We had some bad games under Bruce and the 2 Steves before he came in but statistically the football on show wasn't even close to this bob being served up. 

Exactly, with Bruce, you could see what he was trying to do, we had structure. Even under Carlos, he had a plan, whether we liked it or not, there was a definite way of playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t relish the thought of the type of upheaval, that searching for a new manager brings. However, with so many senior players out of contract, it will be a period of turmoil anyway. Would I trust Monk with the rebuild? Well not on the evidence so far. For those saying, we need to give him a few windows, before we judge him. Again that’s fair enough, but things aren’t rubbish, then suddenly becoming great at the end of the process. You want to signs that there’s a plan in place

 

I'll give his signings a while to bed in before I start to form a proper opinion as to how well Monk might fare when rebuilding a squad.

 

So far he's had to make do and mend with a complete mess of a squad he inherited from his predecessors. How well Da Cruz, Wickham and Windass address our shortcomings in the next few months will go some way to telling us how the longer-term project might pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Monk won’t be here in summer,   Genuinely think it’s a matter of time before Carlos Carvalhal round two 

 

1470114239_SuicideBear.gif.67f4e69166b9e339063d4525424605e0.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Monk won’t be here in summer,   Genuinely think it’s a matter of time before Carlos Carvalhal round two 

 

 

E287013C-5C2E-48C9-9C1C-BD56E86610A6.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of good posts in here.

 

It's true, hard to really judge a manager when he isn't able to bring in any permanent players of his own - much like Bruce he got a short term reaction out of the squad then sooner or later things revert to how they once were. We absolutely do need a new philosophy around the club and they take a long time to embed, whoever the manager is they need time to make things happen - we can worry about the financials and the backing later once we have a solid base.

 

My worry with Monk is that since Fletcher has been out of action, he doesn't seem to have recognised that we cannot continue to play the same way. We're rock bottom of the form table, out played in every game of the last 8 (except Leeds) and have not made any progress at all in trying something different. All he appears to have done is like Jos 'freeze out' certain players, who I think it's safe to assume must be causing some grief behind closed doors, Hutchinson & Westwood.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

I’m not a monk fan at all - personally he needs to go 

 

my biggest fear is he is still here for the start of next season, signs all these ‘monk players’ for ‘monk system’ when clearly he is tactically inept - we start off crap he gets sacked and back to square one! Then tied in with all these new players the next new manager won’t want 

 

he blew a wedge at boro, I just can’t trust him - he has left a sour taste in every club he has been at , he is just not for me

 

This next manager appointment is so important to the next 5 year cycle and it’s imperative we get it right

He lasted less than 6 months at Boro. Sacked by loudmouth Gibson who was bragging they were going to smash the league. Granted He'd spent some money but hardly had the time to make that money work.

 

They were in a simar position to us. Players who had been there too long and spent too long under Karanka, slaves to his system. He had trouble breaking that down. Player power again?? Possibly.

 

Do we have the same thing here?? Possibly.

 

Birmingham. Another doozy. He saves them from relegation and then he falls out with the owner who it sounds like wouldn't support him and then he gets undermined by manouvering assistants with an eye on his job.

 

Give the bloke a chance while he's here.

 

Honestly, I don't think he'll want to renew. It's poison here at the moment.

 

All being said. People on here will be calling for the next managers head in less than twelve months I guarantee it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He lasted less than 6 months at Boro. Sacked by loudmouth Gibson who was bragging they were going to smash the league. Granted He'd spent some money but hardly had the time to make that money work.

 

They were in a simar position to us. Players who had been there too long and spent too long under Karanka, slaves to his system. He had trouble breaking that down. Player power again?? Possibly.

 

Do we have the same thing here?? Possibly.

 

Birmingham. Another doozy. He saves them from relegation and then he falls out with the owner who it sounds like wouldn't support him and then he gets undermined by manouvering assistants with an eye on his job.

 

Give the bloke a chance while he's here.

 

Honestly, I don't think he'll want to renew. It's poison here at the moment.

 

All being said. People on here will be calling for the next managers head in less than twelve months I guarantee it.


That’s a great point, with current atmosphere who’s to say GM will wanna stay 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

My fear with that is that a new manger might want to keep a lot of the out of contract players

 

What if the trouble makers are all out of contract, and a new manager gives them all a new 3 year contract

 

We can kiss goodbye to all hope for another 3 years then

 

I'd rather let Monk sort them out and be allowed to bring his own players in

 

I'll judge Monk in 12 months time

 

My thoughts exactly. I'm very much willing to wait until we see at least the next pre-season and a proper transfer window -- and DC comes out of hiding. Before that, the club is out to sea with no land in sight, no matter who the helmsman is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s too easy to say, he can’t be expected to do anything with this group of players. Yeah some of the pre Chansiri players remain, and indeed some aren’t the players they were back then, but some still have something to offer. It’s the same with some of the early Carlos signings, but we’ve added a whole team of new players since then. There is plenty here for any half decent manager to work with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Monk won’t be here in summer,   Genuinely think it’s a matter of time before Carlos Carvalhal round two 

ive just eaten don't make me sick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I know it's swimming agiant the tide somewhat on here at the moment, but I don't think Monk's doing too badly overall.

 

He started well, getting us more points in his first 18 matches at the helm than Bruce managed during his tenure...

 

29 points out of 18 games for Bruce

30 points out of 18 games for Monk

 

And it's worth remembering that Bruce had the likes of Hooper, Forestieri, João and Matias to call upon, as well as a fit Fletcher. Whereas once Fletcher got injured, Monk was reduced to trying to fashion a strikeforce out of Winnall, Nuhiu and Rhodes. Failing to replace those that left with a single new striker was criminal, really.

 

We've reverted to the mean somewhat in Fletcher's absence, though our current slump is being felt more acutely due to the fact that we were doing so well up until Christmas, and the feeling that the top end of the division isn't particularly strong this season.

 

Hopefully the new signings will help us rediscover our previous form and we can look forward to next season with a bit of optimism.

anybody who classes Monk as a manager against Bruce....must be a rugby fan..night and day....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we are looking for a new manager every 6 months?  People asking for consistence but fail to give the manager time top bring in players, develop a style of play and get rid of the old wood.

Midfield is a big problem, pressure on defence and offer no creativity. He has had very little choice to change this with the injuries.

Time is the key, I remember a time when new players would get 4/5 matches it fit in- now they get slated for a less than perfect performance even though they are not fit, (a reason they have been allowed to come out on loan). Managers are on a no win situation, expectations from fans are far too high, its time to have a bit of patience

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, George said:

Paul Warne

Not on your life.,out of his depth in the championship last time, be no different next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...