Seville and Andalusia region

TheEnchanter

I've been to Malaga before as well as staying in remote areas of the Alpujarras which was stunning and might make it part of this potential trip but I'm looking at doing around 10 days in the south of Spain, preferably Seville.

We prefer our city breaks but want to go out and do day trips to the mountains, beaches or other towns and cities and there seems to be plenty of potential. Might even make a trip over to Tangiers if it isn't too complicated. 

Anyone offer any ideas and opinions? 

21 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I've been to Malaga before as well as staying in remote areas of the Alpujarras which was stunning and might make it part of this potential trip but I'm looking at doing around 10 days in the south of Spain, preferably Seville.

We prefer our city breaks but want to go out and do day trips to the mountains, beaches or other towns and cities and there seems to be plenty of potential. Might even make a trip over to Tangiers if it isn't too complicated. 

I can only comment on Seville, it is a beautiful city. I only spent a day there, but will definitely go back for a week next time.

It's got everything, culture, lovely bars and shops, a mixture of people from all over the world. It's safe and very vibrant. If you venture off the main city streets, there are lots of little family run cafes and bars with traditional Spanish food home cooked.

I did a 2 hour horse drawn carriage trip around the city's famous landmarks, that was excellent, though not cheap.

Avoid July and August as Sam says, the temperatures can get in the 40s.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 07:02, TheEnchanter said:

If you decide on visiting the Alhambra in Granada and or the Mesquite in Cordoba purchase your tickets in advance.

Will you be driving ? If so have a look at el Chorro Malaga, might interest you.

Edited by Señor Sam

23 hours ago, Nigel Farage said:

I envy you. I’ve read somewhere, maybe on here, the night time scene, bars and restaurants of Seville are ace. Temperature good and friendly locals. 

Please feedback your experiences when you come back. 

Absolutely. Such a friendly place, slightly shabby (in a good way), and the bars and restaurants are great. Alameda de Hercules area is very bohemian, but i had some of the best food down there, with this place https://www.restaurantealaljibe.com/ being the pick of the bunch imo - Beef carpaccio with green mustard icecream was insane

Can get HOT AF though.

I'd recommend a cycle tour to get oriented, and get the downlow on the history of the place, if your interested in that kind of stuff

Edited by Rustyfunk
  • Like 1

We spent a fortnight in Seville a couple of years ago fantastic place mad hot but we like that. You can get a circular tourist bus from the golden tower next to the river buy a day ticket and you usually get a 2nd day free, it's unlimited use so you can get off and on as many times as you want. Like someone else said Alameda de Hercules is good for food.  If you're driving there are loads of places within 2 hours.  Ronda is well worth a visit. 

Grenada is my favorite city in Spain.  Lived there during uni for 6 months and it was truly incredible.

Cordoba is fantastic for a visit.  Sevilla is lovely but bigger - plenty to see.

Go have sherry in Jerez and see the marina in Cadiz. 

Done.