"Home debut scheme"

11 hours ago, TWW Vic said:

Why oh why don't we offer this?

A colleague took his son to his first game at Bramall Lane at the weekend - he was treated like royalty.

They bought tickets, but got given an experience that will ensure the kid is a Blade for life.

WHY ARE WE SO BEHIND?

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2019/july/home-debut-scheme/

Did they teach him how to poo at other teams grounds   lol 

20 hours ago, OurDan said:

Nope

Not crying. Finding something better to do with my time

Club will be crying when half of our season ticket holders do the same. And no idiot pays on the day anymore cos your hero has priced them all out.

Hes taken us backwards and hasnt finished yet

Crowds haven’t changed substantially decade on decade.

Promotions like these have a small effect but it doesn’t alter things dramatically.
In the short term, who is the current top dog has an impact on crowds, but it has been shown time & again that it is only short lived. 
We were in the top flight, they were in the 4th tier. They didn’t wither & die, just as we didn’t when they had the edge.
This idea that because they currently hold sway we will fall so far behind them & lose a generation of fans is just more Owlstalk bollo**s & hysteria, with a bit of DC bashing for good measure using their little (albeit decent) first timer promotion.

Work it out. We still have probably a third more ‘supporters’ than them. Always have, always will. 
If these ‘supporters’ on both sides procreate at the same rate our ‘fan base’ will always stay bigger.

The only thing open to question is how many of these ‘supporters’ actually turn up to matches and that is dictated by what’s happening on the field at any given time, not dictated by gimmicks.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2020 at 11:23, addedtime said:

I know what you mean. It does add that personal touch. However, I just feel that you are either going to keep going or you aren't. Someone showing me around wouldn't change that.

Depends how old you are. You take a young kid around and show them a good time they'll rave about it, want to go again and again and then talk about it with their mates .. thats how you breed it amongst the young un's. Took our kid to Bolsover Castle few weeks ago. Not a lot to do there just look around but he loved it, talks about it all the time, "I had a lovely day" etc etc ..

On 10/02/2020 at 11:30, Ash76 said:

Corrected. I couldn't give a f u ck what they do tbh and certainly wouldn't want us copying their schemes, leave that to them

Fvcks sake .. bet your one of those that, when we offer some students free tickets, "whats point of that!", or when we have an event on at half time "why are we doing that", or we copy some rival's idea "pet shop that ,.. don't want to copy that scheme .. leave it!"

Club needs to generate fans to generate income. Get the locals on board, kids, young un's, stay at home fans etc... There's a lot more to it then just showing em around the flipping ground ffs ...

While we are clearly doing everything in our power to drain our support and take them for actual mugs, the other side are doing all they can to welcome and increase their fan base for generations to come. 

This club is rotting from the inside out and we need answers soon...it breaks my heart to see what’s happening..

it it doesn’t take much for the commercial side or the club to be more dynamic and raise revenue and fans experience through innovative schemes like this...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BrucieBonus said:

While we are clearly doing everything in our power to drain our support and take them for actual mugs, the other side are doing all they can to welcome and increase their fan base for generations to come. 

This club is rotting from the inside out and we need answers soon...it breaks my heart to see what’s happening..

it it doesn’t take much for the commercial side or the club to be more dynamic and raise revenue and fans experience through innovative schemes like this...

Stop with the fuc**n hysteria.

”Rotting from the inside”.

Stop talking unadulterated garbage.

As for “revenue raising schemes”. Whenever DC does anything along those lines, whether it’s multi season tickets or kid’s for a fiver, it’s never enough, it’s never right. All the nailed on usual suspects with their withering muttered one line protests are just queuing up to have a pop.

United got very lucky with Wilder, it is a one off fluke that may or may not last more than one season. To suggest that somehow this is some marketing commercial act of genius that we should be slavishly following is a joke. Yeah it’s a neat little gimmick nothing more.
Kids get bored very very quickly, this will have zero effect on how many become genuine fans & stay the course.

Also, if so many people think the unwashed are so fuc**n wonderful, abandon ship here & pi*s off to support them.

When the tide turns again & we are top dogs, don’t come  crawling back singing “I’m Wednesday till I die” because it’s fuc**n nauseating.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

As for “revenue raising schemes”. Whenever DC does anything along those lines, whether it’s multi season tickets or kid’s for a fiver, it’s never enough, it’s never right. All the nailed on usual suspects with their withering muttered one line protests are just queuing up to have a pop.

United got very lucky with Wilder, it is a one off fluke that may or may not last more than one season. To suggest that somehow this is some marketing commercial act of genius that we should be slavishly following is a joke. Yeah it’s a neat little gimmick nothing more.
Kids get bored very very quickly, this will have zero effect on how many become genuine fans & stay the course.

Also, if so many people think the unwashed are so fuc**n wonderful, abandon ship here & pi*s off to support them.

When the tide turns again & we are top dogs, don’t come  crawling back singing “I’m Wednesday till I die” because it’s fuc**n nauseating.

So you think the way the club is being run at the moment is acceptable...do you think the commercial aspects of the club are on a par with that of other teams in the league? You’re kidding yourself...we have to move out of our own bubble and diversify, instead of being run so insular.

You only have to look  around the ground on matchday to see we have an ageing fanbase. 

Im not going to compare us to that lot but as a club in general regardless of FFP situation we could be doing better as a club in marketing and making us a more attractive proposition for families and investment. 

Chansiri could easily invest into some ground improvements which could include a modern football hub that lots of other clubs have as this wouldn’t affect ffp. 

That fact that you’re getting so angry about my post suggests you know I have a point. 

1 hour ago, BrucieBonus said:

So you think the way the club is being run at the moment is acceptable...do you think the commercial aspects of the club are on a par with that of other teams in the league? You’re kidding yourself...we have to move out of our own bubble and diversify, instead of being run so insular.

You only have to look  around the ground on matchday to see we have an ageing fanbase. 

Im not going to compare us to that lot but as a club in general regardless of FFP situation we could be doing better as a club in marketing and making us a more attractive proposition for families and investment. 

Chansiri could easily invest into some ground improvements which could include a modern football hub that lots of other clubs have as this wouldn’t affect ffp. 

That fact that you’re getting so angry about my post suggests you know I have a point. 

I’ve been going a lot of years, and for a good proportion of that time you could say it’s been ‘unacceptable’.

We all know every single aspect needs to improve, but DC took on a rusting ageing oil tanker where the steering was fuc**d & had to single handedly try & turn it around.

He immediately invested in the pitch & scoreboard when he took over not to mention money spent on players.  (Sorry, wasted on players as pointed out a couple of posts ago).

I would assume it’s very easy on paper (or on here) to run a football club, but not so easy in real life.

Your argument obviously has merits ( we all know the shortcomings), but isn’t helped by comments like “Rotting from the inside”.

We are in transition as a club & a team which is never a good place.

What really pis**es me off though is people quoting these unwashed scrubbers as a marketing model to follow.

They had a corrupt owner who filched money from the club to build a hotel & finance his other interests. There was a prolonged cat fight over ownership with all their dirty washing aired in public.

They languished in lower divisions for years, they got lucky with Wilder, rode the momentum & to their credit have capitalised, but certainly nothing to do with planning or forward thinking.

As for marketing and the commercial side. I wonder if all the love struck United adorers on here who hold them up as the example we should follow have ever questioned why when we were getting roughly similar crowds, they were taking about a third of we were in takings. 

Genius!!

2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

CBA to count but I reckon that's at least your 4th "Get to t'Lane' of the thread

And you're right. It's not 'routing from the inside'

More 'from the top down'

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Fvcks sake .. bet your one of those that, when we offer some students free tickets, "whats point of that!", or when we have an event on at half time "why are we doing that", or we copy some rival's idea "pet shop that ,.. don't want to copy that scheme .. leave it!"

No, i'm one of those that's f u c kin sick of Wednesday fans looking at pigs with envy. 

They're not in same league so are irrelevant in the same way they were when in League 1. When we're in the same division though I want to be above them nd beat them when we play

Aside from that i couldn't give a sh it what they do 

2 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

You could do with a new kitchen but you're not going to let me spend your money for you are ya.

On 10/02/2020 at 11:34, Ash76 said:

I couldn't care less what league we're in tbh.

I get you are desperate for it, along with thousands of others but that desperation only makes achieving that goal more difficult

couldn’t care less what league we are in. What a strange thing to say. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

40 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

You could do with a new kitchen but you're not going to let me spend your money for you are ya.

Supporters like you can bury your head in the sand as much as you want, it’s been abject failure bar 2 seasons for the last 20 years...we know the short comings of the chairmen but we do not help ourselves by even getting the simple things in terms of business correct...I want us to be competitive... to do that we have to compete in all aspects...if we have a business model it’s not working and looks like getting us in heaps of trouble, if that’s what you want then fine, but being in denial won’t make our situation go away.