Wednesday v hartlepool playoff final

What a wonderful experience and weekend that was, the Welsh people was lovely to us and nothing was too much trouble. 

What a lift it gave the team and fans when Steve McLean was named on subs bench after his injury 

Imagine away fans seeing this when teams came out.

BouZdLOIQAA5c3O.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

What a wonderful experience and weekend that was, the Welsh people was lovely to us and nothing was too much trouble. 

What a lift it gave the team and fans when Steve McLean was named on subs bench after his injury 

BouZdLOIQAA5c3O.jpeg

Brilliant weekend. No better way to go up... Just a sh1tter if you're on the wrong end of a result. 

Edited by JOCOWl

One of the best days of watching Wednesday - never seen scenes like Cardiff city centre before the game, and the shearer overwhelming sense of a collect winning that game at the end - grown men crying at winning a league 1 final - immense.

Quality wise, not a great team, but they had some balls and fought to the end. 

The current lot are the polar opposite. 

My favourite memory as I only started going in 2000.

"Talbot, round the goalkeeper..." 

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quality wise, not a great team, but they had some balls and fought to the end. 

The current lot are the polar opposite. 

Should be said that both Whelan and Brunt are way above pretty much anything in the current side. 

Worked with an electrician at the time who was best mates with Talbot. Told him he proper dived for that penalty 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Should be said that both Whelan and Brunt are way above pretty much anything in the current side. 

Absolutely - even say Lucas, MacClean and McGovan are better than what we have.

38 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

BouZdLOIQAA5c3O.jpeg

“were lovely to us” 

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Worked with an electrician at the time who was best mates with Talbot. Told him he proper dived for that penalty 

I actually spoke with Steve Bruce that day at halftime, I asked how he thought his son was playing and he said, not bad and can do a lot better and needs to be stronger in the tackle. 

3 minutes ago, VBQ24 said:

My favourite memory as I only started going in 2000.

"Talbot, round the goalkeeper..." 

How long you’ve been going doesn’t matter, it’s one of my favourite memories and I started going in the 50’s and I’ve seen some brilliant Wednesday teams at all levels. The level it was played at doesn’t doesn’t reduce the enjoyment.

Unbelievable day out! 

Obviously the result, but everything about it, the beers, the singing, the sunshine... Was convinced we were on our way back... It was only 15 years ago :duntmatter:

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Have you recovered?

21 minutes ago, darklord said:

I will always carry the scars

When Bulgaria is throwing shade on Hartlepool you know its grim. lol

Some of the places we traveled through on our visits to Bulgaria could best be described as "apocalyptic" obviously has some little gems as well.  :biggrin: