What is wrong with your expectations?

21 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Football fans nowadays seem to miss the fact that there’s 92 league clubs, only 4 can win leagues and 10 can get promotion. 

That means for the other 82 clubs you have to settle with either disappointment, mediocrity or despair. 

If the last 20 years should tell Wednesday fans anything, it’s that we should expect disappointment at best, and most of the time mediocrity. 

If it were true we should be concentrating on young players to sell on and get stabilised financially. A team of triers who give their all for the club. We have a very talented squad who under perform week in week out...when they are up for they are very good, Brighton, Leeds etc. That shows they are underperforming in the league and thats down to the manager. He just isnt very good. Sack him and get someone in who is bigger than the players. Its a false economy to baulk at a big salary for a big ego, when the players lose value week in week out. Madness.

With our current squad I'm expecting names like Pelupessy and Nuhiu no longer being on the starting line up, yet here they are.

Or when we recognize that one of our long-term servants starts to lose his edge; Lees hoofing the ball and making the wrong (and costly) decisions in defense, it's time to change things around. Dawson's made some bad decisions lately, doesn't this warrant Westwood getting a shot again? I'm expecting to see him back v Luton now.

Swap formation or try something new rather than insist on playing players that will continue to drop us points because it's like we're playing with 9/10 men.

Also, get the basics right, I'm not expecting us to dominate nor beat everyone. But I do expect that it takes less than 3 or 4 of our players to properly tackle or stop an opposition player. Yes, balls can ricochet, etc. and we even had our luck with the ball falling to Windass, but when I see half-assed defending like an outstretched heel attempting to stop the ball or some lazy arse who won't even make an effort to jump for a ball in the air, I am disappointed because I expect more from people who get to play football and make a living from this. Earn your shirts ffs.

I'm not expecting play offs or promotion, I'm expecting hard work and commitment. I'll take defeats if we lose playing well, I won't accept losing when we turn into a bunch of headless chickens everytime we hold on to a win in the last 15 and it's a mad scramble to clear the ball.

Edited by N0rtherner

So let's get this straight.

You all realise that Chansiri went for high prices and taking a shot on promotion that failed.

You all realise that we can't spend big and are stuck with high earners and little ability to buy anyone better.

You all know we go away to places like Wigan and Barnsley and look like tripe, year in year out.

You all know Monk inherited this mess and hasn't had any time to fix it.

BUT

You all want us to play like Barcelona.

GLAD WE SORTED THAT ONE OUT LADSSSSS

6 minutes ago, Bez said:

You all realise that Chansiri went for high prices and taking a shot on promotion that failed.

You all realise that we can't spend big and are stuck with high earners and little ability to buy anyone better.

You all know we go away to places like Wigan and Barnsley and look like tripe, year in year out.

BUT

Should we be happy to play like Wimbledon?

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Should we be happy to play like Wimbledon?

Happy?  No.

But realistic and understanding why?  Yes.

We play Luton next - everyone will expect us to dominate and win.  Which is mad considering our form and the current situation.

Cue meltdown when we lose.

2 minutes ago, Bez said:

Happy?  No.

But realistic and understanding why?  Yes.

We play Luton next - everyone will expect us to dominate and win.  Which is mad considering our form and the current situation.

Cue meltdown when we lose.

Of course that’s football, and in the championship in particular, anyone can beat anyone Look at the players Monk has to choose from, compared to those the Luton manager can pick from. It doesn’t mean we will always win, but we should be playing a lot better

8 hours ago, Bez said:

BUT

No, we don't all think that way, which you'd know if you'd read all the replies to your own thread. 

With such willful misrepresentation of the truth, you could be a politician!

• Thanks 1

On 09/02/2020 at 17:17, Mr Farrell said:

The question is, after all the money we have spunked, and after 5 years of charging Premier league prices, why are we a bang average team ?

We were told we'd get what we paid for.

On 09/02/2020 at 17:33, gurujuan said:

There is no excuse for the shybo football we have to put up with The chairman promised us entertainment, but other than that first season under Carlos, it’s been dire

surprised at you 2 if you believed that …..the blokes trying to sell season  tickets he's hardly going to say "give me your cash but we may play a crap brand of football .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

surprised at you 2 if you believed that …..the blokes trying to sell season  tickets he's hardly going to say "give me your cash but we may play a crap brand of football .

It was hardly season ticket spin.

He had a vote.  Are you saying the vote was fraudulent, and he never intended honouring it ?

That's a bit harsh.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

It was hardly season ticket spin.

He had a vote.  Are you saying the vote was fraudulent, and he never intended honouring it ?

That's a bit harsh.

footballs a harsh business …...I don't recall though him saying we'd get what we paid for …...

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I think it was his original intention, and in that first season, we did see football that had us royally entertained. Not sure why we veered away from that, at least under Carlos. He claimed it was because teams had worked us out, but to change tactics so dramatically, and in such a negative way, I never really understood that. Since then, and with subsequent managerial appointments, I don’t think the quality of the football has been a major factor.