What is wrong with your expectations?

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

And let’s be honest seeing those tw@ts down the road doing so well in the Prem while we struggle against teams like Barnsley and Wigan doesn’t help things. 

Did they win today ?   Sorry I think am in minority of not giving a single fizz what goes on at S2 

57 minutes ago, Bez said:

Forest are in the same bracket.  I went to school with 3 forest fans and they don't think the same way.

They want and hope Forest get to where they 'deserve to be' but don't expect it.  

Whereas we never seem to learn.

I tell you what we expect. 

Performances worthy of the shirt win, lose or draw. That's what. 

I'd also be much happier if I could at least see some sort of progression. 

But no, we limp on like an injured camel with gout. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

I expect the players to be able to pass a ball, and our well paid manager to have some idea as to what we are doing rather than just booting it forward.

Not too much to ask.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

Unbelievablely ridiculous expectations from many fans of this club.  Worse than most others (except maybe Arsenal fans).

What do you actually expect?  

We walk the league?  Playoffs where we dominate most matches and play a possession based style of football that entertains?  Seriously - what do you expect before each game?

We've been out of the Prem for 20 years and the Championship has proven time and again to be a difficult league where anyone can beat anyone.  

Yes, Chansiri and CC put together a decent Playoff team but we didn't dominate most games back then - we picked up scrappy points and 3 points from games where FF or Bannan scored screamers to steal a win.

So what do you expect from this season?  Look at the following:

• Ageing squad
  • Financial restrictions
  • Off the pitch uncertainty and player attitude trouble
  • Bruce walks out halfway through Pre-Season once we have begun recruitment and planning to play his style
  • Monk comes in with a squad that isn't his and gives us an immediate boost in results
  • Very up and down results all season so far.  Win one, lose, draw a couple conceding late, win again etc.
  • Get pressed and look rubbish to bad teams
  • Smash Forest and Leeds
  • Early red card and a 5-0 loss
  • Main striker out injured

Can you not see what we are?  An up and down, mid table team.  

So why, after half a season of the same and 2 decades of similar, does everyone expect us to magically dominate and smash teams?  Even in our best years we went and lost away to Wigan and looked terrible in midweek evening games.

Monk had his first transfer window and managed to get in some fresh attacking options but we can't move the dross.  Until he has a summer clear out and can rebuild the team as he wants, what do you think he can achieve?

And let's look at Barnsley away in particular:

• Away in the Championship is always tough
  • Local derby game with Barnsley players lifting their game to win their 'cup final'
  • Brand new attacking lineup with FF, Windass, Wickham & Da Cruz rusty, not knowing each other and coming back from injury in some cases
  • We create many more chances than Barnsley, who play to stop us controlling the game.  
  • Murphy misses a ton of chances that a playoff team would expect to see finished.  
  • We draw.

What else do you people expect from this bang average team that needs refreshing in the summer?

I might be asking a bit much but I would like the players to look like they are trying and not fannying out of tackles. I would also like it to look like we have a plan rather than throwing players into the pitch and them not having a clue. Oh and I’d also like a chairman who knows what he’s doing. 

From an achievement point of view we are doing exactly what I thought we would which is a mid table finish. 

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I expect the players to be able to pass a ball, and our well paid manager to have some idea as to what we are doing rather than just booting it forward.

Not too much to ask.

exactly this. Some of the excuses some people on here come up with for this shower of crap is unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Bez said:

Unbelievablely ridiculous expectations from many fans of this club.  Worse than most others (except maybe Arsenal fans).

We walk the league?  Playoffs where we dominate most matches and play a possession based style of football that entertains?  Seriously - what do you expect before each game?

We've been out of the Prem for 20 years and the Championship has proven time and again to be a difficult league where anyone can beat anyone.  

Yes, Chansiri and CC put together a decent Playoff team but we didn't dominate most games back then - we picked up scrappy points and 3 points from games where FF or Bannan scored screamers to steal a win.

• Ageing squad
  • Financial restrictions
  • Bruce walks out halfway through Pre-Season once we have begun recruitment and planning to play his style
  • Monk comes in with a squad that isn't his and gives us an immediate boost in results
  • Very up and down results all season so far.  Win one, lose, draw a couple conceding late, win again etc.
  • Smash Forest and Leeds

So why, after half a season of the same and 2 decades of similar, does everyone expect us to magically dominate and smash teams?  Even in our best years we went and lost away to Wigan and looked terrible in midweek evening games.

Monk had his first transfer window and managed to get in some fresh attacking options but we can't move the dross.  Until he has a summer clear out and can rebuild the team as he wants, what do you think he can achieve?

• Local derby game with Barnsley players lifting their game to win their 'cup final'
  • Brand new attacking lineup with FF, Windass, Wickham & Da Cruz rusty, not knowing each other and coming back from injury in some cases
  • We create many more chances than Barnsley, who play to stop us controlling the game.  
  • Murphy misses a ton of chances that a playoff team would expect to see finished.  
  • We draw.

What else do you people expect from this bang average team that needs refreshing in the summer?

I tell you what, they played far better football than we did. They definitely didn’t play to stop us controlling the game.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

• Ageing squad
  • Financial restrictions
  • Smash Forest and Leeds

• We draw.

You are having a laugh?....aren't you :ohmy:

1 hour ago, Bez said:

• Ageing squad
  • Financial restrictions
  • Smash Forest and Leeds

• We draw.

The question is, after all the money we have spunked, and after 5 years of charging Premier league prices, why are we a bang average team ?

We were told we'd get what we paid for.

• Like 1

Think our clubs expectations are fair 

Look at man u ,lobbing fireworks at owners homes because they aren't winning the league ,that's over the top

Home tickets highest in league and higher than some premier league teams 

Pigs currently 5th in the premier league

(No one will admit its annoying but its adding to the frustration as a Wednesday fan)

Players who couldn't give a to55 if they win lose or draw as long as they get their wages .

A chairman who has no idea what he is doing 

Could be on the verge of a points fine which could possibly relegate us 

A manager who has zero motivation or know how 

Anyone whose happy with this club right now is either blind daft or both 

Its a complete carcrash 

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Think our clubs expectations are fair 

Look at man u ,lobbing fireworks at owners homes because they aren't winning the league ,that's over the top

Home tickets highest in league and higher than some premier league teams 

Pigs currently 5th in the premier league

(No one will admit its annoying but its adding to the frustration as a Wednesday fan)

Players who couldn't give a to55 if they win lose or draw as long as they get their wages .

A chairman who has no idea what he is doing 

Could be on the verge of a points fine which could possibly relegate us 

A manager who has zero motivation or know how 

Anyone whose happy with this club right now is either blind daft or both 

Its a complete carcrash 

No apparently it's just your expectations that are wrong.

All those games this season when our overpaid wasters didn't turn up are your fault.

Lower your expectations.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No apparently it's just your expectations that are wrong.

All those games this season when our overpaid wasters didn't turn up are your fault.

Lower your expectations.

I don't expect us to win every game 

Id support man city /Liverpool for that

At the bare minimum I expect effort 

But with the prices charged and what our 'superstars' are getting paid I'd expect a little bit of talent to go with it 

This clubs f##ked from top to bottom. full of useless players,coaches and a naive owner

Edited by WelshOwl74

15 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I don't expect us to win every game 

Id support man city /Liverpool for that

At the bare minimum I expect effort 

But with the prices charged and what our 'superstars' are getting paid I'd expect a little bit of talent to go with it 

This clubs f##ked from top to bottom. full of useless players,coaches and a naive owner

We know it. Just taking a few people a while to catch up.

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There is no excuse for the shybo football we have to put up with The chairman promised us entertainment, but other than that first season under Carlos, it’s been dire

I agree - we've got the odd result, but the product and style has been largely poor. I think losing the likes of Wallace, Hooper and the full backs have affected us. They haven't been replaced and the likes of Lee Hutch, FF, Lees and BB have got older and slower and are a shadow of their former selves.

I hope this rut we've been in for 3 years finally lifts in the Summer. I don't care if we don't go up next season, as long as we give everything for 90+ minutes and try to play with some purpose.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

I agree - we've got the odd result, but the product and style has been largely poor. I think losing the likes of Wallace, Hooper and the full backs have affected us. They haven't been replaced and the likes of Lee Hutch, FF, Lees and BB have got older and slower and are a shadow of their former selves.

I hope this rut we've been in for 3 years finally lifts in the Summer. I don't care if we don't go up next season, as long as we give everything for 90+ minutes and try to play with some purpose.

Mate, all those things are true, but it’s mainly about tactical intent. Witness our first season under Carlos, in the main, entertaining stuff from a team looking to get on the front foot His second season, same players, but that intent was not there, we were set up to frustrate. That’s how Monk sets us up, but unfortunately he doesn’t have Carlos’s tactical nous Really don’t want this to turn into a thread about Carlos, but at least in that second season, where I really disliked the football, his tactics did get us to the play offs again. Whether he needed to set us up that way, I’m not sure, but my point is, there at least was some tactical logic With Monk, I see nothing, not even the green shoots of a thought out way of playing

Edited by gurujuan

3 hours ago, gillyno9 said:

People will vote with there feet if they have any sense. Season ticket renewal deadline tomorrow......... I’m not renewing mine. I bet there will be loads not renewing 

That's what I did after Carlos season 2.

It's the only way that DC will feel the pinch. 

My expectations are for a well run club, that lives (more or less) within its means. Some spending when required and selling players when required. A sustainable plan to develop all areas of the club and for Chansiri to leave the club better than he found it.  My expectation is for the club to not mortgage its future to squander money on one ill-thought out “plan” after another. Results on the field follow when a club does these things, not the other way around. 

I don’t think it’s nothing to do with results not going our way, it’s the manure of the performances the players aren’t trying to turn things around and team are sweeping us a side that potentially we should beat. 

our club is joke at the moment. I’d like us to keep monk though and get rid of most of the squad at the end of the season and start from fresh