What is wrong with your expectations?

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Not renewing mine, I have not missed a game for 40 years, but I'm done.

And it won’t end there......... people not renewing season tickets won’t contribute much as potg customers next year due to the insane prices and awful football on display. Could get a lot worse before it’s better imo 

I don’t think the club helps expectations making posts like these:

The Owls are delighted to launch a brand new and completely innovative 10-Year Season Ticket.

Incredible savings are on offer, with every supporter signing up freezing their Season Ticket price at 2020/21 Early Bird rate for a full 10 years.

But that’s not all! Whilst Wednesday are outside the top flight, the 10 years will not commence until the club reaches the Premier League, be that at the climax of this or any future campaign.

So, if the Owls are promoted in 12 years’ time for example, 10-Year Season Ticket holders will have accumulated 12 seasons before the 10-year package has even commenced.

And still there’s more! As an additional bonus, all subscribers will receive a minimum of 15 years for the price of 10.

So, if we achieve promotion in 2019/20, subscribers will receive an additional five years free, the following season four years free, the season after three years free and so on.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/10-year-season-ticket-on-sale-now/

The owner’s expectations are our expectations. Charge the highest ticket prices in the league and spaff loads of money on a 3 year plan and that get’s you current expectations. 

After Carlos season 2 if DC had said “Ok its not going to plan. We are going to re-evaluate and put a business plan together with the aim of rebuilding, re-energising and challenging again in 2-3 years time” then we would all have had our expectations set accordingly. 

Sadly that hasn’t happened and while ever he throws multi year dangle the carrot deals out and ticket prices remain as they are (don’t even mention the POTG) then the viscous cycle will continue. 

On the whole, it’s not the fans expectations that are the problem. They are set by the owners current mindset. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

I don’t think the club helps expectations making posts like these:

The Owls are delighted to launch a brand new and completely innovative 10-Year Season Ticket.

Incredible savings are on offer, with every supporter signing up freezing their Season Ticket price at 2020/21 Early Bird rate for a full 10 years.

But that’s not all! Whilst Wednesday are outside the top flight, the 10 years will not commence until the club reaches the Premier League, be that at the climax of this or any future campaign.

So, if the Owls are promoted in 12 years’ time for example, 10-Year Season Ticket holders will have accumulated 12 seasons before the 10-year package has even commenced.

And still there’s more! As an additional bonus, all subscribers will receive a minimum of 15 years for the price of 10.

So, if we achieve promotion in 2019/20, subscribers will receive an additional five years free, the following season four years free, the season after three years free and so on.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/10-year-season-ticket-on-sale-now/

I still don’t understand how this works....... I’ve read it about 10 times as well

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gillyno9 said:

I still don’t understand how this works....... I’ve read it about 10 times as well

I know, this bit does me:

Is it a 10 year season ticket or a 22 year season ticket?

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

I know, this bit does me:

Is it a 10 year season ticket or a 22 year season ticket?

Who knows. I’m not exactly eggheads standard of intelligence personally, but it is confusing. Wonder what the uptake has been on them.

• Like 1

Football fans nowadays seem to miss the fact that there’s 92 league clubs, only 4 can win leagues and 10 can get promotion. 

That means for the other 82 clubs you have to settle with either disappointment, mediocrity or despair. 

If the last 20 years should tell Wednesday fans anything, it’s that we should expect disappointment at best, and most of the time mediocrity. 

We were overachieving up until Christmas, but being 3rd raised our hopes.

I didn't necessarily expect us to maintain a promotion challenge, but did feel that the division was wide open for any team who could put a consistent run together to capitalise. i hoped rather than expected that it could be us.

Once Fletcher got injured and we were reduced to trying to fashion a strikeforce out of Winnall, Nuhiu and Rhodes, it was inevitable we'd struggle. It couldn't have come at a worse stage of the season really, what with all the games packed in over late December and early January.

We've reverted to the mean somewhat in Flecther's absence, though our current slump is being felt more acutely due to the fact that we were doing so well up until Christmas, and the feeling that the top end of the division isn't particularly strong this season.

We're about where I expected us to be, but it would be nice if we could end the season on a high in order to build a bit of optimism going forward.

Bit of effort from the players would be nice. Our form since Christmas has been a joke. We should be showing our extra quality against teams like Barnsley, Wigan etc. In life you hear the saying you get what you pay for. As fans of this club that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I don’t expect anything ( except the unexpected) when it comes to Wednesday... been supporting them too long for that nonsense. I hope but seldom expect.

None of us expected to be 4-0 up at half time at Forest or to win at Leeds just as we don’t expect to be outplayed and outfought by poor teams on poor runs languishing towards the bottom of the table.

And let’s be honest seeing those tw@ts down the road doing so well in the Prem while we struggle against teams like Barnsley and Wigan doesn’t help things. They are a team that fight for everything and believe in their manager, they probably have one of the lowest budgets and on paper weakest squads in the league yet they aren’t showing that. Really pi$$es me off. 

Edited by WalthamOwl