Jump to content
Bez

What is wrong with your expectations?

Recommended Posts



Frank_Lucas

Forget the OP who did you plss off to get that neg count? 

Edited by 1867_OWL
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
full fathom five

I'd love to hear DCs expectations, i could do with cheering up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flo

About Champions League knockout stages in next couple of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
2 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

Forget the OP who did you plss off to get that neg count? 

 

I'm Bez...  what do you expect :P

 

It was much worse at one point tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royalowlisback

We've got 1 player out and we look gash.

 

I expect one of the highest paid squads in the division to at least be able to pass a ball.

 

I expect the odd bit of entertainment, our 'football' is horrible, and the results match.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArmchairOwl

Mine are set so low I'm never disappointed.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sethman75

Expectations are high because Weds is a big traditional club. That will never change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
Just now, royalowlisback said:

We've got 1 player out and we look gash.

 

I expect one of the highest paid squads in the division to at least be able to pass a ball.

 

I expect the odd bit of entertainment, our 'football' is horrible, and the results match.

 

Money doesn't mean much if you spend wrong.  

 

And pretty much every game against relegation teams, away from home, is a dreadful slog of a game.  I went to Wigan v Leeds with some mates in August.  2-0 win to Leeds in the  most awful game ever.  Scrappy with no quality except Leeds took 2 chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Repperton
10 minutes ago, Bez said:

Unbelievablely ridiculous expectations from many fans of this club.  Worse than most others (except maybe Arsenal fans).

 

What do you actually expect?  

We walk the league?  Playoffs where we dominate most matches and play a possession based style of football that entertains?  Seriously - what do you expect before each game?

 

We've been out of the Prem for 20 years and the Championship has proven time and again to be a difficult league where anyone can beat anyone.  

 

Yes, Chansiri and CC put together a decent Playoff team but we didn't dominate most games back then - we picked up scrappy points and 3 points from games where FF or Bannan scored screamers to steal a win.

 

So what do you expect from this season?  Look at the following:

 

  • Ageing squad
  • Financial restrictions
  • Off the pitch uncertainty and player attitude trouble
  • Bruce walks out halfway through Pre-Season once we have begun recruitment and planning to play his style
  • Monk comes in with a squad that isn't his and gives us an immediate boost in results
  • Very up and down results all season so far.  Win one, lose, draw a couple conceding late, win again etc.
  • Get pressed and look rubbish to bad teams
  • Smash Forest and Leeds
  • Early red card and a 5-0 loss
  • Main striker out injured

 

Can you not see what we are?  An up and down, mid table team.  

 

So why, after half a season of the same and 2 decades of similar, does everyone expect us to magically dominate and smash teams?  Even in our best years we went and lost away to Wigan and looked terrible in midweek evening games.

 

Monk had his first transfer window and managed to get in some fresh attacking options but we can't move the dross.  Until he has a summer clear out and can rebuild the team as he wants, what do you think he can achieve?

 

And let's look at Barnsley away in particular:

 

  • Away in the Championship is always tough
  • Local derby game with Barnsley players lifting their game to win their 'cup final'
  • Brand new attacking lineup with FF, Windass, Wickham & Da Cruz rusty, not knowing each other and coming back from injury in some cases
  • We create many more chances than Barnsley, who play to stop us controlling the game.  
  • Murphy misses a ton of chances that a playoff team would expect to see finished.  
  • We draw.

 

What else do you people expect from this bang average team that needs refreshing in the summer?

Easy to make these points when we're playing terribly and dropping down the league tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gillyno9

Struggling to recall the bannan screamers.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
1 minute ago, sethman75 said:

Expectations are high because Weds is a big traditional club. That will never change

 

Forest are in the same bracket.  I went to school with 3 forest fans and they don't think the same way.

 

They want and hope Forest get to where they 'deserve to be' but don't expect it.  

 

Whereas we never seem to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frank_Lucas
4 minutes ago, Bez said:

 

I'm Bez...  what do you expect :P

 

It was much worse at one point tbh.

Glad to see your on the road to recovery.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
1 minute ago, gillyno9 said:

Struggling to recall the bannan screamers.

 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
1 minute ago, gillyno9 said:

Struggling to recall the bannan screamers.

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FreshOwl

1 or 2 Bannan screamers in 5 years, I think you’re getting him confused with Hooper or Wallace 

 

People aren’t necessarily ticked off at the league position, it’s the quality of the football, the ticket pricing and lack of any real structure 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
2 minutes ago, gillyno9 said:

Struggling to recall the bannan screamers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bez
Just now, FreshOwl said:

1 or 2 Bannan screamers in 5 years, I think you’re getting him confused with Hooper or Wallace 

 

People aren’t necessarily ticked off at the league position, it’s the quality of the football, the ticket pricing and lack of any real structure 

 

But where are the screamers we've been used to over the last few years.

 

FF, Bannan, Wallace, Hooper.  All scoring memorable goals.

 

They have dried up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
royalowlisback
6 minutes ago, Bez said:

 

Money doesn't mean much if you spend wrong.  

 

And pretty much every game against relegation teams, away from home, is a dreadful slog of a game.  I went to Wigan v Leeds with some mates in August.  2-0 win to Leeds in the  most awful game ever.  Scrappy with no quality except Leeds took 2 chances.

The football has been 5hite all season, it is f00k1n horrible to watch, the money we pay to watch it, it is an absolute disgrace.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gillyno9

People will vote with there feet if they have any sense. Season ticket renewal deadline tomorrow......... I’m not renewing mine. I bet there will be loads not renewing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...