Take Westwood and Dawson out of the equation

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

So telling me to “crawl out of his [Dawson’s] crack” is adult language then is it? We all know you’re the little man/boy wetting himself because a player has made one mistake. 

Ok, Who is “We”?

Are you looking for backup because someone dares to disagree with you?

1 hour ago, Prince said:

No excuse for the ineptitude in goal for the past few games. I get you are a Dawson fanboy but you’re trying to defend him to the detriment of the team. Neither Westwood or Dawson are the answer to the problems in goal. I do think Dawson might be a decent understudy but no way is he a Championship keeper at the minute as his performances are dire.

Good Lord.  This was just so full of abject ridiculousness, I had to break a personal code and issue a neg.

3 minutes ago, Prince said:

Ok, Who is “We”?

Are you looking for backup because someone dares to disagree with you?

I don’t care if someone disagrees with my opinion on players; lots on here do (in fact, Ian and I have completely differing opinions on Nuhiu). What I do take exception to is someone implying that I am up someone’s crack and, in turn have an invalid opinion. You were the one the one got p155y when I didn’t agree with you. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

- He’s rightly getting noticed far beyond Sheffield as a very credible homegrown goalkeeper with potential to become excellent.

- He’s still pretty young for a first-choice goalie at a good-sized club, and hasn’t played hundreds of starting XI games yet by any stretch.

- In a couple of short years he’s grown in confidence *loads* in terms of commanding his area better, which used to be by far his biggest weakness - his pedigree as a superb shot-stopper has been clear to any that watch us since his debut.

- He’s done maybe three really poor clearances this season, which have all been punished immediately and mercilessly, very unlucky IMO. Loads of great keepers are dodgy on the ball and get away with it time and again.

- These are all basic facts, not ‘fanboying’.

- In short, no.

I’ve just realised this reply is in the wrong thread, meant to be in the one slagging him off

:duntmatter:

apologies OP - I actually agree with you, crazy bashing any one player and especially our ‘keepers who we’ve tended to do exceptionally well with over recent years

17 minutes ago, Prince said:

I would have tried for Joe Hart on loan previously.

so not only have you done exactly what I suggested, you’ve picked a player who not only can’t get in his current team, he’s not been able to get in his last 3

Add to that his wages would send many in to here on complete meltdown ....would make Rhodes look like a first year pro 

Guest LondonOwl313

Poor keeping is always going to stand out to us because we've been blessed with some brilliant ones for the level we've played at. Westwood until this season has been absolutely outstanding for 5 years... can barely fault him for what he's done on the pitch. Personally don't care if he has an ego that seems to upset a lot of the fans nor is unable to participate fully in training as long as the standard of performances at 3pm on a Saturday was high. He fell short this season and deserved to be dropped, but don't think he's finished. Before him we had Kirkland for 2 years who was also top class, and Bywater before him who was brilliant for league 1. Then before him Lee Grant who ended up at Man Utd, Carson on loan who played for England and that lad Turner from Everton who kept loads of clean sheets for us. David Lucas was solid too. Then obviously KP before that... Apart from the likes of Tidman and Adamson who didn't last long, and the Brad Jones loan, goalkeeper has been our strongest position over the last 20 years.

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

- He’s rightly getting noticed far beyond Sheffield as a very credible homegrown goalkeeper with potential to become excellent.

- He’s still pretty young for a first-choice goalie at a good-sized club, and hasn’t played hundreds of starting XI games yet by any stretch.

- In a couple of short years he’s grown in confidence *loads* in terms of commanding his area better, which used to be by far his biggest weakness - his pedigree as a superb shot-stopper has been clear to any that watch us since his debut.

- He’s done maybe three really poor clearances this season, which have all been punished immediately and mercilessly, very unlucky IMO. Loads of great keepers are dodgy on the ball and get away with it time and again.

- These are all basic facts, not ‘fanboying’.

- In short, no.

Oh yeah getting noticed left right and centre. 

Went to Burnley for decent money didnt he. 

Oh no wait that was peacock-Farrell who was given a 1st team opportunity at the same time. 

Nobody tried to sign dawson because he isnt very good..... but he grew up round corner and is one of our own so bugger it, lets just play him anyway 

For the kicking mistakes Dawson makes, he’s kept the score down for us in a few games. 

I think the problems lie more with the other 10 players.

Stoke away - back 4 was pants 

Blackburn away - back 4 was pants 

Different keepers in those games, but if you invite pressure onto your own box - you’ll concede 

Dawson has time to improve.  

6 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I agree with this. Even yesterday, their keeper made a horrendous clearance in the second half, but it fell to a red shirt. It didn't make the highlights reel so it's quickly forgotten.

Not making an excuse for Dawson but it can’t be much fun when the defence is constantly changing game on game. 

Shot stopping I have no issues with, it’s his decision making off the line and kicking that’s bad. A more vocal CB can sort the first issue out by being authoritative and telling the keeper when to come and go. 

I played CB at a decent level and would have said to Dawson yesterday to put that one in the stands. That way you get to reorganise the defence and get the shape back, especially if your furthest player back is Forestieri.

Makes me laugh how we slag players off with such vitriol.

Dawson ain't great.

Westwood has been far from great this season.

Chances are Wildsmith wouldn't be much better.

We don't have the ability to bring in anybody any better until the summer and even then we may not be allowed to or afford to.

So let's slag the kid off each week.

I'm sure that'll help.

Guys who probably aren't even among the best on their shift or in their office slagging kids off who are able to do something we can't.

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, shandypants said:

What I do take exception to is someone implying that I am up someone’s crack

That's given me the giggles.

Got a mental picture of yer nostrils cemented right in there!!

8 hours ago, Prince said:

Have to disagree he been the shocking last few weeks. Kicking is embarrassing for a professional player. Take the blinkers off or crawl out from his crack, he’s not good enough for a promotion chasing side yet.

WTF: you think we're a promotion chasing side...

:tango:

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

I think we’re mainly looking for them not to pass the ball to the opposites strikers every few games.

Hardly a big ask.

Best way to ensure that is not to give them half a dozen dodgy back passes in the first half with forwards sniffing around