Wickham is he fully committed?

Perhaps if we didn't use him as a battering ram like we do with Fletcher he might have looked better., he is too good for that.

We got a glimpse of his skill power and pace with that run.

No coincidence that his best spell with us was when he was partnered with Nuhiu.

Monk has one way of playing which is using a target man and thinks anyone over 6ft should be able to play that role. If Monk insists on playing this system while Fletcher is injured he would be better off playing Nuhiu and allowing Wickham a more free role.

Early days for Wickham, Windass and da Cruz. I think we’ll be better for their arrival and Forestier’s return to fitness may well give us a push in the right direction but Monk needs to stop chopping and changing the side every week?

1 minute ago, Ian_D said:

I stayed clear of this one until tonight but my curiosity beat my resolve. I never learn. Who's the more stupid the writers of dross or the reader? 

To be fair, I thought it was a thread about mental health issues.

• Haha 1

On 08/02/2020 at 22:22, BaxiOwl said:

Just a question 'What does he give us'

In my opinion today he was no better than Nuhiu. Don't get me wrong I'm  a Wickham fan from his first Hillsborough exploits but I know he's a bit older he's a big lag but won bugger all headers, should have put Fessi in for a tap in to win the game but didn't.  As a Wednesday fan I hope he can do it but I ain't holding my breath. 

Christ give the man a chance. 

Really? He's had one game ffs. 

I thought he did ok first half - one thing that is noticeable, he's strong and doesn't get pushed off the ball easily when in possession. Made some good runs and linked up well i thought. 

Second half he didn't win many headers, however i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt given the appalling passing and performance of some of our more established first team players. 

On 08/02/2020 at 22:22, BaxiOwl said:

Just a question 'What does he give us'

In my opinion today he was no better than Nuhiu. Don't get me wrong I'm  a Wickham fan from his first Hillsborough exploits but I know he's a bit older he's a big lag but won bugger all headers, should have put Fessi in for a tap in to win the game but didn't.  As a Wednesday fan I hope he can do it but I ain't holding my breath. 

Nuhiu has had six seasons and won bugger all headers, but Wickham has his first game for us and he’s poo oh dear god