A proper boss

I know Garry Monks only been in charge for a matter of months but having settled in its becoming more and more clear that his style and approach just isn't working. I'm not going to insult him i'm just going to say it's time he went. It's time we got a proper boss in with a proven record both at this level and more. Even Big Sam would do a better job with this crop of players than Monk. At least he wouldn't stand for players not bothering to run or put the foot in. In this league you need players that are head strong and desperate to reach the premier league not players that don't give a poo . We need a boss that puts together a team of players with a winning mentality who we can clearly see care. 

If we’re changing if the manager we need to change the management team 

it’s a bit bizarre that monk is working with he same regime that’s worked under 3/4 managers 

bruce brought in two coaches and a recruitment team but still kept bullen and weaver 

it needs a new identity New faces and a new culture

its ok saying something of the players have been here too long but their walking into work with the same staff 

rightly or wrongly we need change 

did chansiri get burnt by Bruce? 

Thats the thing, outside of being tactically inept, Monk has no clue how to man manage. Look at managers like Fergie, Big Ron, Allardyce, Harry Redknapp, they could deal with all sorts of characters and get them playing for the club, and players would sign for the club because of the manager. They knew who needed an arm round the shoulder, who needed a b*llocking, who needed to go, etc. Monk got to the "throw the players publically under the bus" part, and thats all he has got. SO we are left with a squad who it seems don't want to play for him.

15 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

I know Garry Monks only been in charge for a matter of months but having settled in its becoming more and more clear that his style and approach just isn't working. I'm not going to insult him i'm just going to say it's time he went. It's time we got a proper boss in with a proven record both at this level and more. Even Big Sam would do a better job with this crop of players than Monk. At least he wouldn't stand for players not bothering to run or put the foot in. In this league you need players that are head strong and desperate to reach the premier league not players that don't give a poo . We need a boss that puts together a team of players with a winning mentality who we can clearly see care. 

Give him til next season when hes shifted some o't' shuffle hes been left from previous gaffers.

We don't trust him.

But we trusted Bruce.

Who's record, before his betrayal wasn't much different.

1761209456_2020-02-0820_06_33.thumb.png.09c78752f43b4fc8e233020c1ca0f47f.png

Was it the style of play? 

It wasn't the stunning cut and thrust that rose tinteds are making it out to be.  Bruce himself urged the need for more tempo,  urgency and getting on the front foot.  

So why did we (and I include myself) want to give him more time?

Because he had a better patter in the press? Because he was a bigger name?  

Because of previous record? 

(If you ignore the first 3 or 4 years of it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 points off 6th position and we have to play the following yet (not in order)

WBA (h), Scabs (h), Brentford(a), Bristol(a), Fulham(a), Swansea(a) PNE (h) 

All to play for but will will need to the player to pull together and find some resilience.

Monk as got to find something in this team .. right now the jury is out and I am unsure where we go but it’s not over yet

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dowls said:

All to play for but will will need to the player to pull together and find

To be honest I'd rather play them than team skag ending it down the other end.

Reminds me of Megson when he came in during 10/11. Aim was to try for the play offs soon enough we was getting licked 3-0 by Tranmere. Squad of players who weren’t willing to pull their weight. Had a massive clear out in 11/12 and signed the right types. 

My biggest concern is Chansiri. History doesn’t exactly say their is going to be big outs and big ins. I just can’t see the club moving forward until he’s gone. We are a gamble to him, nothing other than a roulette/blackjack table to Chansiri. 

32 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

And you're complaining about the style of play now?

And as for your second point Monk has made it crystal clear of his expectations.why would it be alright for Allardice to drop unruly players but not Monk.

46 minutes ago, ArmchairOwl said:

We had one but he fooked off.

Yes, Mr Bruce  has a habit of doing this - ask Sheff Utd, Huddersfield, Wigan, Palace, BIrmingham, Sunderland, Hull and Villa as well.

I don't think a "proper manager" should move about as much as this, whether it's a sacking or leaving of his own accord.

Guest Theboylangers
39 minutes ago, dowls said:

All to play for but will will need to the player to pull together and find some resilience.

Monk as got to find something in this team .. right now the jury is out and I am unsure where we go but it’s not over yet

That run of fixtures looks quite scary given our current form.