Which keeper should be No1

Who should be in goal  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Which keeper should be No1

• Westwood
    • Dawson
    • Wildsmith

24 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Im not sure as Dawson has been in and out of the team but theyve probably all happened within about 30ish appearances. And that ratio of errors to games is frightening. In fact I can’t recall another Wednesday keeper in my 38 years of supporting that’s been so obviously at fault for so many goals in such a short space of time. 

He can’t even use the excuse of being a kid... what is he now, 24? 

Anyway, at least we haven’t just given him a really long new contract.... :duntmatter:

Westwood has made more errors this season leading to goals than Dawson has in his career 

6 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

It happens mate, I once fixed Lloyd Owusus car stereo system and he said he would leave me a free ticket at the players entrance away at gillingham.

He lied...

I ended up getting a good hiding in their end when we equalised in 90th min lol

To be fair Owusu seemed like a good bloke. He probably had every intention of leaving you a ticket but found out on the way to the game how many away fans we were bringing and it brought on one of his anxiety attacks so he forgot all about the tickets. 

35 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

I was a right footed player and spent hours teaching myself to kick with my left. It became as good as my right. But you and I started from a point of being naturally kicking players. The synapses used in the brain were already hard wired, we just had to 'visualise' then repeat what we already knew. You will have pictured in your mind kicking the ball with your 'wrong' foot and then it translated into a muscle movement that replicated what you did with the other foot. The first thing you did was to imagine the action and then you repeated what you saw...mixed results at first and then it improved. This is what good players learn to do.

But you started with all of the tools to repeat what your good foot can do. You knew what kicking felt like and your muscles repeated the brain signals for the other foot. Dawson doesn't have this foundational motor mechanism, you can see it in just about every kick. He's reverted to drop kicking half volleys, the least accurate way of directing a kick. So yes, you can learn, but you cannot add motor triggers that aren't there. He's not entirely hopeless, he's just not a natural kicker.

All that might be of minor interest if it wasn’t for the fact that Dawson is probably the most 2 footed player we have.....you could  have a poll on here asking whether his right or left foot was his natural strongest and wouldn’t be surprised if the result was close to 50/50

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Westwood has made more errors this season leading to goals than Dawson has in his career 

will look forward to seeing you post the stats to back that up

Given that you have already posted that 3 players had the ball for 90mins between them today I wont hold my breath

• Like 1

Guest Ferkorf
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair Owusu seemed like a good bloke. He probably had every intention of leaving you a ticket but found out on the way to the game how many away fans we were bringing and it brought on one of his anxiety attacks so he forgot all about the tickets. 

In fairness when I saw him again he did leave me and my mate few that season so I'll not throw him under the bus for that day too much lol

Just now, Ian said:

All that might be of minor interest if it wasn’t for the fact that Dawson is probably the most 2 footed player we have.....you could  have a poll on here asking whether his right or left foot was his natural strongest and wouldn’t be surprised if the result was close to 50/50

same if you asked which is his weakest. He isn’t very good with his feet. Can’t fault his attitude and his commitment. Great guy and an asset for the owls. Watch the top 12 teams on EFL tonight and watch the technique of their keepers. Samba just now was awesome for Forest. His technique is excellent. Dawson wouldn’t get in any of the top 12 teams. I’m not a hater, I like the guy, he’s just not up to it.

3 hours ago, andypandy said:

I am happy with either, we are lucky to have 2 good keepers, the problem is the 10 in front of them.

Lucky to have 2 good keepers? Have you seen how many goals they’ve been at fault for this year and points they’ve cost us?

I posted a video of some of Dawson’s errors earlier.... I thought to be fair I should post one of Westwood’s from this season aswell

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Only because of all the people voting for ‘neither’

4 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Lucky to have 2 good keepers? Have you seen how many goals they’ve been at fault for this year and points they’ve cost us?

I posted a video of some of Dawson’s errors earlier.... I thought to be fair I should post one of Westwood’s from this season aswell

You ain’t that good at creating them since you keep including ones that aren’t actually errors (eg the first one in both videos)

6 minutes ago, nilsson said:

I’d say Millwall and reading as well (didn’t cost us anything at reading however)

31 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Yeah I could have put those in aswell. Neither keeper is having a good season anyway

Which begs the question I asked earlier......for all the “keeper doesn’t give confidence to those in front of him” is the actual point that those in front of the keeper make him a bag of nerves not knowing wtf they will do next?

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Which begs the question I asked earlier......for all the “keeper doesn’t give confidence to those in front of him” is the actual point that those in front of the keeper make him a bag of nerves not knowing wtf they will do next?

Possibly. But even when we’ve had average sides goalkeeper is normally a position we’ve been decent in... Lucas, Grant, Bywater, Weaver, Kirkland and Westwood were all good for us and we’ve had some quality loan keepers like Turner and Carson.

This season we’re already in double figures for goals conceded from goalkeeping errors