Tom Lees

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

And what about Iorfa and Borner without Lees? Do you think that is working?

I don’t think anything is working too well at the mo. They get no respite. We don’t control the ball enough and they’re constantly under pressure. We simply don’t have an effective midfield and so defence is continually exposed.

I think Hutch is probably our best CB at the club right now. Iorfa is good and his pace is amazing. Börner is better with Fox at LB. Lees was ok with Loovens there reading the game.

We need a rebuild.

13 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Arugably the worst defender in the league. Fallen to pieces last 2 years. No pace, can't tackle, can't pass and is our Mr Panic.

How Monk continues to break up a fantastic pairing of Borner and Iorfa is mind boggling, still managers live and die by results, his team selection, his tactics and his job to lose.

13 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

The sign of a good player is the time it takes between thinking and acting. He's a slow thinker and that is why Leeds got rid of him. His reactions are poor, his passing is the worst in the team after Dawson. He has no pace and cannot read the game. He gives little or no direction on the pitch. He isn't a leader in what he does, in what he says and in how he conducts himself. We don't have a natural leader in the team at the mo. He concedes ridiculous fouls and is very naive in challenges. He is solid and can win a few headers but that only gets you so far. Iorfa and Borner flounder with him between them.

that's a very good statement regards lees, he has always been awful at knocking the ball about ,in fact he is the worst for that since the Lawrie madden days . him and dawson are an absolute joke with the ball and shouldn't be in the team . but then there is that big problem who do you play in goal? I wouldn't touch any of our keepers none would get in any team in this league and I aint talking out of my arse either. 

11 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Exactly! Why anyone thought he'd make a good captain is anyone's guess. If it can't organise himself how can he organise the team

Been captain under gray,carlos,jos Bruce, and now monk ......its hard to believe that all of them havnt spotted that .

27 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

that's a very good statement regards lees, he has always been awful at knocking the ball about ,in fact he is the worst for that since the Lawrie madden days . him and dawson are an absolute joke with the ball and shouldn't be in the team . but then there is that big problem who do you play in goal? I wouldn't touch any of our keepers none would get in any team in this league and I aint talking out of my arse either. 

We have a problem now. Dawson should be getting dropped now after a number of mistakes recently. He also made another big gaff yesterday but got away with it in the second half. Wildsmith is overweight and not ready for the first team. Westwood has behaved like a spoilt child since being dropped and again it would send out the wrong message if he was put back in the first team. Moreover, he also made around 8 clangers prior to being dropped. I don’t know where we go with the keeper situation now.

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Been captain under gray,carlos,jos Bruce, and now monk ......its hard to believe that all of them havnt spotted that .

Yes, someone has to be captain. But we've not had a proper leader on the pitch for a long time. 

Lots of arm wavers and pointers but no real leaders.

Tom Lees is a good defender, seems like an excellent professional and served us well.

But for the sake of his own career, and our need to re-invigorate our own squad he should be allowed to move on.

There’ll be no shortage of takers at this level and he’ll go on to deliver better performances than he is doing for us.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Owl said:

I watched the game yesterday and he is no where near as bad as people are making him out to be. New scapegoat. 

I have always been a big Tom Lees fan but yesterday he was poor , don’t know if he is carrying a injury but he is a shadow of his previous self , mind you he was better than the Drunken German at the side of him 

13 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

I have always been a big Tom Lees fan but yesterday he was poor , don’t know if he is carrying a injury but he is a shadow of his previous self , mind you he was better than the Drunken German at the side of him 

They was both very poor yesterday which is very out of character for them both.

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We have a problem now. Dawson should be getting dropped now after a number of mistakes recently. He also made another big gaff yesterday but got away with it in the second half. Wildsmith is overweight and not ready for the first team. Westwood has behaved like a spoilt child since being dropped and again it would send out the wrong message if he was put back in the first team. Moreover, he also made around 8 clangers prior to being dropped. I don’t know where we go with the keeper situation now.

neither do I . its extremely worrying times on and off the pitch . what we need most of all is a siege mentality between players ,management , fans and owner all as one to get out of the difficult situation .when monk was at Birmingham he entered a difficult situation no money due to zola/redknapp wasting huge sums and high wages, he managed to get the club away from certain relegation to almost pushing for top 6( points deduction due to previous management/owners,same whats happing here due to carlos/chansiri)put end to that. he galvanised the supporters and had the players playing for him. the club is broken and there is no immediate fix. need to get to summer and still be in this league is a start and a must. 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Lees and Borner were equally as bad as each other. If we were playing anyone else in the division yesterday, we would’ve got beat.