Perhaps......

1 hour ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m totally with you on this .. I do think he has some qualities however players often let you down ( big one today).

however.. why oh why can he not see playing Lees is causing panic across the team when he plays. 

Club captain or not GM should have the balls to say Tom, it’s over!

It looks like he’s told a couple of others it’s older and whilst o applaud him for it, if he takes on all of the big voices in the dressing room, things will probably descend further. We’re currently displaying relegation form. 

I’m behind Monk, but I fear the combination of breaking up the old guard and maintaining a play off place is a poisoned chalice.

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fair enough, and looking at results as a whole, it’s been OKish Performances on the whole though, have been sub par. The biggest problem for me is, we can’t see what he is trying to do. There is indication that he has a plan, and we can see it coming together

He doesn't help himself at times. He changes formation after every bad performance it seems. Players are often left out for a period of time then suddenly find themselves back in the team out if the blue. And his substitutions are sometimes odd. Fetching FF off today just as he was getting a hold on the game was infuriating. But....the squad is in need of a massive overhaul. Monk could point to this for all of the above. As I've said, I never wanted him but now he's here I think he deserves time. 

Who realistically is out there as a replacement ? As a fan base, each and everyone of us has and had an opinion on who we would like as manager. 

Monk may not be a first, second or even third choice for many, but he is here and we can ill afford to get rid and start the search for another manager, with a dirth of candidates out there.

A couple of years ago in a post I mentioned that SWFC as a club were playing catch up, in terms of facilities, staff recruitment, academy structure and long term plan. We are still in the same position, although there have been some improvements in the above areas.

We are behind the curve, and continually playing catch up, and year on year we are getting left further behind. The club needs both a saviour and benefactor, someone who is not afraid to carry out a root and branch dissection of the club and get us managed properly, from the top down. Our predicament is of course self inflicted, but as an example of what a club can achieve with this type of action, look no further than Brentford. Great scouting network, continually building, soon to move into a new stadium, but the decision to go down the route they did was taken a number of years ago. Yes there were a few bumps along the way, but look at them now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Who realistically is out there as a replacement ? As a fan base, each and everyone of us has and had an opinion on who we would like as manager. 

Monk may not be a first, second or even third choice for many, but he is here and we can ill afford to get rid and start the search for another manager, with a dirth of candidates out there.

A couple of years ago in a post I mentioned that SWFC as a club were playing catch up, in terms of facilities, staff recruitment, academy structure and long term plan. We are still in the same position, although there have been some improvements in the above areas.

We are behind the curve, and continually playing catch up, and year on year we are getting left further behind. The club needs both a saviour and benefactor, someone who is not afraid to carry out a root and branch dissection of the club and get us managed properly, from the top down. Our predicament is of course self inflicted, but as an example of what a club can achieve with this type of action, look no further than Brentford. Great scouting network, continually building, soon to move into a new stadium, but the decision to go down the route they did was taken a number of years ago. Yes there were a few bumps along the way, but look at them now.

The warning signs were there when McLaren turned us down.