Perhaps......

It’s one thing being a disciplinarian but it’s another thing actually being in a position to be one. Jos tried to be and relied on Dawson and Pelupessy. This went a long way to getting him the sack. The same thing will happen to Monk if Luongo continues to be injury prone. If he isn’t, this may get him partly out of the sh!t but persevering with Dawson won’t get him totally out of it?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

31 minutes ago, debram said:

They are barely relevant, we have no midfield which puts pressure on all other areas, monk needs get off this ego trip and play the best players for the job. 

Spot on,doing exactly what Jos did,and when he brought them back..things did improve,,

IMO we have to stick with him at least until he’s had the summer to clear out the deadwood and build the team he wants. His championship track record is decent, and in our position we’ll struggle to attract better. People need to accept that.

Further in his defence;

- The running of the club is, at best, questionable

- He’s been unable to bring any of his own coaching staff in

- Our star player / leading scorer suffered a bad injury when we were going well

- All three keepers have been in poor form 

However what I would say 

- The football, particularly at home, is pretty dull

- He can’t afford to fall out with Hutchinson if it means playing Pelupessy every week

- His consistent failure to play one of our better players (Reach) in what is surely his best position (left wing)

- He suddenly seems completely unable to motivate them. The promised reactions to dire defeats simply haven’t happened. He has to take some responsibility for that. 

Personally I’ve given up on the playoffs but in this crazy league who knows 

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

A midtable squad is midtable, wow who'd have thought it. 

Very droll...except the way we play makes us look a lot worse than we are. Monk is responsible for line up / tactics...now that hutch and westwood have resigned lol

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

Don't think Monk was alot of people's first choice, however... 

Perhaps people could put their reasons why they think this squad is capable of promotion? 

A midtable squad is midtable, wow who'd have thought it. 

This squad hasn't been good enough since the play off semi loss to Udders. It should have been droken up then. We are just treading water now. 

I blame Monk for the non attempt at trying to play football today.

We never tried to. Every ball went long. 
Consequently , as an example, we had Wickham on the pitch but asked him to play like Nuhiu.

It was a scrappy game but they were the only team playing football. 

What I cannot understand is some of the individual performances today. Every one of the back 5 played like they had never seen a football before. 
Is that the managers fault, no idea.

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This squad hasn't been good enough since the play off semi loss to Udders. It should have been droken up then. We are just treading water now. 

How many players have been added since then, 30 odd, including 10 by Bruce and Monk There are certainly players who have been here too long, and need to go, but the squad is a lot different now. 

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Yes it’s Monks fault that Borner, lees and Dawson have decided to play with Clown shoes on 

Or that Iorfa cannot pass a ( yard ball to Cruz 

I’m totally with you on this .. I do think he has some qualities however players often let you down ( big one today).

however.. why oh why can he not see playing Lees is causing panic across the team when he plays. 

Club captain or not GM should have the balls to say Tom, it’s over!

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

What were our options after losing a decent manager?

There was nobody out there that wanted the job.

We need to get behind him because we can't get anyone any better. 

Sad but true

Partly because it is said that the manager is far from having a free hand.

In all honesty, I was underwhelmed when we brought him in. But....he's here now, and I think it's way too soon to sack him. I'm not saying he's the right man, or wrong man for that matter, but half a season isn't enough under these circumstances. A massive clear out is going to happen in the summer. Someone is going to feel that benefit whether it's Monk or someone else. And when all said and done, we're 11th, not 22nd.

We're in a generation where every win is over celebrated and every defeat is the end of the world. It's how it is but sometimes it's better to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Three wins on the spin and we'll be talking play offs again on here.

1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

In all honesty, I was underwhelmed when we brought him in. But....he's here now, and I think it's way too soon to sack him. I'm not saying he's the right man, or wrong man for that matter, but half a season isn't enough under these circumstances. A massive clear out is going to happen in the summer. Someone is going to feel that benefit whether it's Monk or someone else. And when all said and done, we're 11th, not 22nd.

We're in a generation where every win is over celebrated and every defeat is the end of the world. It's how it is but sometimes it's better to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Three wins on the spin and we'll be talking play offs again on here.

Is it just about the results? It isn’t to me, but you can’t even be optimistic about the performances

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is it just about the results? It isn’t to me, but you can’t even be optimistic about the performances

No I get that, but it's not long since we were top of the form table and 3rd in the league. The last 8 games have been apalling but it can change for the better just as quick as it turned bad. I'm not defending Monk, the jury's still out imo but now he's here I think he deserves a bit more time.

5 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

No I get that, but it's not long since we were top of the form table and 3rd in the league. The last 8 games have been apalling but it can change for the better just as quick as it turned bad. I'm not defending Monk, the jury's still out imo but now he's here I think he deserves a bit more time.

Fair enough, and looking at results as a whole, it’s been OKish Performances on the whole though, have been sub par. The biggest problem for me is, we can’t see what he is trying to do. There is indication that he has a plan, and we can see it coming together