Perhaps......

Maybe he needs time to build a decent squad and bring his own players in. I would start with a decent goalkeeper and a midfielder who can tackle. One transfer window isn’t enough to get rid of all the losers and start again. We can’t just change the manager over and over again because some muppets demand instant success.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Don't think Monk was alot of people's first choice, however... 

Perhaps people could put their reasons why they think this squad is capable of promotion? 

A midtable squad is midtable, wow who'd have thought it. 

I don’t know about promotion, but from this squad, he should be able to fashion a side that is a little more convincing, or a little more entertaining His football is so dull

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I don’t know about promotion, but from this squad, he should be able to fashion a side that is a little more convincing, or a little more entertaining His football is so dull

Maybe so, but the problems are much more than just a manager. 

22 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Don't think Monk was alot of people's first choice, however... 

Perhaps people could put their reasons why they think this squad is capable of promotion? 

A midtable squad is midtable, wow who'd have thought it. 

Bang on!!

Monk wasn’t my first choice but we have to give him time.

He’s currently dealing with what has been predominantly p*** poor recruitment over the last 3/4 seasons and needs time turn it around.

There are too many players here on big wages and not performing and until we can get rid of them it’s going to be difficult. The time to judge Monk is after he’s had at least 2 summers to completely reshape the squad.

Getting rid of Monk now will just mean we get another manager in who inherits exactly the same set of problems.

As painful as we’ve been to watch at times this season, patience is what is needed now.

5 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Maybe so, but the problems are much more than just a manager. 

Not as far as trying to play football goes. Its his tactics and decisions that are making Dawson lump it every single time. The entire forward line just stood up front in first half waiting for a Wickham flick on. The players may not be the best or in the best form but the set up and tactics are absolutely dire. 

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Getting rid of Monk now will just mean we get another manager in who inherits exactly the same set of problems.

Head. Nail. Hammer.

Monk wasn't my choice, and I've yet to be convinced he's the right choice. But he's been lumbered with a squad of ageing underachievers and an off-field financial debacle which has tied his hands.

If we throw him overboard, who could we realistically replace him with? DCs track record in picking managers isn't exactly brilliant.

49 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Yes it’s Monks fault that Borner, lees and Dawson have decided to play with Clown shoes on 

Or that Iorfa cannot pass a ( yard ball to Cruz 

They are barely relevant, we have no midfield which puts pressure on all other areas, monk needs get off this ego trip and play the best players for the job.