MONK OUT!!! Total embarrassment

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Yet another 5 months wasted, then sack the manager, AGAIN.

what do you suggest as an alternative? the 100 million wasted under carlos is gone no manager since him has had anything more than some cheap loans ,we lost some huge earners last summer on very serious money we have spent half tops in new wages , if 8 million comes off wage bill in summer monk or who else will be given 4 million to bring in some freebies/loans ,its pretty certain chansiri will lower the wage bill which at 1 point was 13million to 42 million a manager who hadn't a clue set us back years . I can see than chansiri will want to get the wage bill well under 30 million a season just purely to appease the efl. there aint going to be no huge big earners coming in this summer im sure of that , there will only be a handful of clubs next season with a lower wage bill than us , don't know how he going to shift Rhodes though. 

It’s a tricky situation as you have to back a manager, but you have to try and back the right manager.  I’m glad we didn’t give Jos more time to turn things around and he should have gone sooner.

I was a fan of Monk up till Christmas Day but since then the performances have been awful with largely the same players. If he can’t get this squad performing with the new additions (particularly Wickham) from now on then I don’t feel he’s the right man for the job. 

16 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

If the manager can't do the job it's no point just hoping he'll change. His tactics ( hate the use the term with his ) have been awful.

Other than Bruce, we've seen a succession on bullshitters get the Job.  Carlos, Jos and Monk

Only one way we are heading with Monk and that's league 1, he can't even grind out a performance against Barnsley

Not only is it a results issue, it's a performance issue too.  They have been dire and mismanaged.

You don’t think Bruce is a bullshitter? He’s the biggest of the lot, walking out to join his “boyhood club” after managing Sunderland for years.
Wouldn’t surprise me if he already had spoke with Ashley before joining us as it was obvious Rafa wasn’t going to be there for the next season.

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I know what you mean, but if the manager is wrong, you can’t persist. Every manager, including Carlos, has been hamstrung by the clubs short term approach. Maybe Bruce was the type of manager we needed to see us through this situation, getting on with things, while trying to shape the future  Unfortunately, he fooked off, but I have no confidence in Monk’s ability to take the club forward

So will you admit you want him sacked or just skirt round the issue?

Any good ideas for a replacement?

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

So will you admit you want him sacked or just skirt round the issue?

Any good ideas for a replacement?

Well I wouldn’t have appointed him in first place. Anyway, don’t think it would be a particularly shrewd move to sack him now, so no. He has to start showing some evidence that he knows what he’s doing, or I suspect he’ll be gone in the summer Meantime, it would be prudent to start seeing what our options are likely to be come summer

• Like 1

On 09/02/2020 at 02:26, 2roland2 said:

although monk took over a team challenging the play offs

bruce took a team in absolute Shambles of a mess.  

when monk took over we had won 3 and lost 3 of the previous 6 games which is hardly play off form  ...when bruce took over the previous 6 games had been 3 wins 2 draws 1 loss which doesn't seem too shambolic to me . 

19 hours ago, handworth52 said:

what do you suggest as an alternative? the 100 million wasted under carlos is gone no manager since him has had anything more than some cheap loans ,we lost some huge earners last summer on very serious money we have spent half tops in new wages , if 8 million comes off wage bill in summer monk or who else will be given 4 million to bring in some freebies/loans ,its pretty certain chansiri will lower the wage bill which at 1 point was 13million to 42 million a manager who hadn't a clue set us back years . I can see than chansiri will want to get the wage bill well under 30 million a season just purely to appease the efl. there aint going to be no huge big earners coming in this summer im sure of that , there will only be a handful of clubs next season with a lower wage bill than us , don't know how he going to shift Rhodes though. 

Irony!.

That is what I was trying to say.

Monk has spent the last 6 months assessing the squad, getting frustrated on the way, now he knows who he wants and doesn't want.

As for the wage situation, you don't have to spend a fortune to be successful, I have been saying the same for the past 3 decades, it isn't how much you spend, but what you get for the money.

8 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

monks tactics were working fine because fletcher was in the form of his life. When he got injured/had flu we couldn’t play that way but he (Monk) continued to do so and still is now........

im not saying the players don’t need replacing g but fizz me if this was bruce in charge with this position ad. These performances he would have been hounded out of town. 

I understand what you are saying, but it's easy to forget that Bruce had a fully fit Fletcher, Forestieri and Hooper at his disposal, along with Joao who I would argue offered us more than what Rhodes, Winnall and Nuhiu. I'm not saying it was the wrong decision to sell Joao given the money we got for him, but it just goes to show what Monk is having to work with.

I think any manager would struggle with the strikers we've had available for the last month, I mean Nuhiu technically should be a like for like replacement of Fletcher to hold the ball up and make himself a nuisance in the box, but he's just not good enough. Wickham has only had one game but I would be hopeful that he can fill the void left by Fletcher for the next month.

I think it's fair for Monk to be allowed to build a team that suits his style of play in the summer and see how he gets on at the start of next season, I believe then we can really judge him.

I'm pretty sure Monk won't be going anywhere until the Summer, then he'll be off. Which would mean the Manger and a load of out of contract players all without any medium term skin in the game. Pure speculation, but it's how I reckon things will pan out.