Dawson - Not good enough!

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Westwood was rightfully dropped.

Now after a couple of errors Dawson should be dropped for Westwood. It’s the only fair way to do it

So does Dawson get to refuse to sit on the bench in the meantime to keep it fair?

• Haha 1

On 08/02/2020 at 14:01, jonnyowl said:

Said a few weeks ago Dawson wasn't good enough and got slated.

A couple of weeks later and three mistakes in those weeks.

Wonder how many now realise he's not good enough!

Dawson is good enough in my opinion. He’s been excellent.  He’s a young lad who has made a few mistakes in the last few weeks and simply needs taking out of the firing line for a couple of games to re-focus. It’s all part of his development as a young goalkeeper.

42 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Dawson is good enough in my opinion. He’s been excellent.  He’s a young lad who has made a few mistakes in the last few weeks and simply needs taking out of the firing line for a couple of games to re-focus. It’s all part of his development as a young goalkeeper.

Totally disagree Tudders..he should stop where he is and work it out for himself.. he's not young and he's proved he can do it at this level.. he'll have to get his form back without protection imo..

8 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We were showing relegation form the last time Dawson and Pelupessy were regulars in the team. We are now, it's not f***ing rocket science. And we've given Dawson a FOUR year contract. We'll probably give Pelupessy a Five year one in the summer? We really are a car crash of a club.

Struggling to see it as anything but this. Dawson is 24 and probably has the worst distribution I’ve ever seen from any keeper that age

Pelupessey shouldn’t even have a contract at this level of football and we just seem to reward these people because they’re passionate and work hard 

He’s still a good goalkeeper. And he’s improved this season in terms of his confidence and presence when coming for crosses. 

He now needs to focus on distribution.

Our seasons over though, Dawson is the least of our worries. I’d rather stick by him and give him the game time to get better, rather than throw him to the Wolves and HOPE we can get in a better keeper with the money we don’t/can’t have.

Remember that Dawson is yet to play a full season between the sticks. He’s still ‘young’ in goalkeeper terms.

And I’ll reiterate the point that he’s the absolute least of our problems. More experienced/better keepers make mistakes all the time. 

40 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I have no idea. 

If he won’t go on the bench then it’s poor from him. 

Nonetheless, I’d still be keen to get him back in the side as he’s our best keeper. 

Facts are , if Westwood was as keen to be in the side as we all are as keen to see him in it , we wouldn’t be talking about Dawson now 

But lets just blame the manager again, get Bullen in charge and stick them both back in the side ,always works out for us that one , and then carry on bemoaning the fact we’re still relying on a bunch of failures 

I think Dawson’s an excellent young keeper, and every keeper in history has made mistakes like he did yesterday. 

Monks problem now is that he’s backed himself into a corner and if Dawson makes any more mistakes, and needs taking out the team, he’s bugggered it because he can’t pick Westwood. 

Didn't De Gea make mistake after mistake at United until he turned it around. Now I am not saying he is going to be anywhere near the level of De Gea, but United believed in him because he had all the attributes you needed to succeed as a keeper and the ones that were letting him down he could get better at. And I feel thst the same goes for Dawson.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Facts are , if Westwood was as keen to be in the side as we all are as keen to see him in it , we wouldn’t be talking about Dawson now 

But lets just blame the manager again, get Bullen in charge and stick them both back in the side ,always works out for us that one , and then carry on bemoaning the fact we’re still relying on a bunch of failures 

I haven’t blamed the manager. I just said that if I were him I’d put Westwood back in goal.

Garry Monk is as good as we will get for a side looking to make the jump from mid table on a budget

Every keeper, even  Pickford (recently) and Westwood earlier in season, makes mistakes, its how he learns and moves on that's important. At present he is our future, Westwood will be leaving soon.                                                                                                                                                   

48 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

He is not helped by the ball being continually passed back to him to hoof upfield.

Why don't we try to radical tactics of trying to pass the ball to a team mate.

Big part of being a goalkeeper in today’s game is being comfortable with the ball at your feet. There shouldn’t be any issue for a pro goalkeeper in having the ball passed back to him.

Look at the keepers at the two top clubs in the country, Alisson and Ederson. They’re two of the best and almost give Liverpool and City an extra outfield player their distribution is that good