Dawson - Not good enough!

4 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Dawson is the least of our worries.

Not when he’s costing us points he isn’t. The entire team and manager were a disgrace today, embarrassing. But the fact is if Dawson puts that ball in the stand, we take 3 undeserved points home. He needs dropping

Not making an excuse for Dawson but it can’t be much fun when the defence is constantly changing game on game. 

Shot stopping I have no issues with, it’s his decision making off the line and kicking that’s bad. A more vocal CB can sort the first issue out by being authoritative and telling the keeper when to come and go. 

I played CB at a decent level and would have said to Dawson yesterday to put that one in the stands. That way you get to reorganise the defence and get the shape back, especially if your furthest player back is Forestieri.

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Not making an excuse for Dawson but it can’t be much fun when the defence is constantly changing game on game. 

Shot stopping I have no issues with, it’s his decision making off the line and kicking that’s bad. A more vocal CB can sort the first issue out by being authoritative and telling the keeper when to come and go. 

I played CB at a decent level and would have said to Dawson yesterday to put that one in the stands. That way you get to reorganise the defence and get the shape back, especially if your furthest player back is Forestieri.

•  

That’s the keepers job.

He is the one with the full field of vision.

Shot stopping at this level is nothing more than a floor item 

Btw, he could have also just let the ball roll 30cms more and picked it up.

Edited by McRightSide

18 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Said a few weeks ago Dawson wasn't good enough and got slated.

A couple of weeks later and three mistakes in those weeks.

Wonder how many now realise he's not good enough!

I slated him in the beginning, I’ve praised on his improvement but the last few games have proved he needs to improve dramatically...he’s costing us goals!! 

We were showing relegation form the last time Dawson and Pelupessy were regulars in the team. We are now, it's not f***ing rocket science. And we've given Dawson a FOUR year contract. We'll probably give Pelupessy a Five year one in the summer? We really are a car crash of a club.

On reflection I would keep Dawson in the side for the next game. 

We have to find out whether he has the mental fortitude to survive a big downturn in form.

A game against Luton is the perfect opportunity to start that.

He needs to come through the next 2-3 games major error free, and his groundwork needs to be 10x better than it was yesterday.

If he drops another clanger, then I think he needs a breather

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

On reflection I would keep Dawson in the side for the next game. 

We have to find out whether he has the mental fortitude to survive a big downturn in form.

A game against Luton is the perfect opportunity to start that.

He needs to come through the next 2-3 games major error free, and his groundwork needs to be 10x better than it was yesterday.

If he drops another clanger, then I think he needs a breather

The big worry with this situation is that we should have a Westwood chomping at the bit to get his shirt back, unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

Is Wildsmith even fit if he was called upon?

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Westwood was rightfully dropped.

Now after a couple of errors Dawson should be dropped for Westwood. It’s the only fair way to do it

I'd agree, but where is Westwood?! Westwood was dropped for Dawson who'd been on the bench waiting for his chance, Westwood doesn't seem too keen to do that. It makes me think Westwood won't be coming back any time soon.

Edited by Owls2k

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

I'd agree, but where is Westwood?! Westwood was dropped for Dawson who'd been on the bench waiting for his chance, Westwood doesn't seem too keen to do that. It makes me think Westwood won't be coming back any time soon.

Common sense would tell you that wouldn’t it mate,  unfortunately common sense doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden , especially on this forum 

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Couple on here getting competitive over who was the first to "slate" Dawson.. give me strength..

Worst trait of football fans on the internet

"I said X was garbage on the 74th of December 2015 and you all had a go at me for it, I was right."

:duntmatter: