Dawson - Not good enough!

1 hour ago, fulwood owl said:

Who would u put in then u clown?

Terrible reply 

he said he wasn’t good enough he didn’t say anything about alternatives available 

that said I’d consider wildsmith at the moment Dawson is a good keeper but I’d say he is out of form too many mistakes of late 

maybe you can call me a clown instead

Listen as Wednesday fans we're a passionate bunch and have been starved of success and quality for a long time. 

Dawson is a great young keeper but playing in front of either 3,000 away or 20,000 home supporters is a pressure cooker.

He's good, will develop into a good keeper but I'm hoping Monk can put his hands up and put Westwood and Hutch back in or I fear for the manager as he's not playing his best team.

Easier said on a forum than reality but we're defo having a mid season blip.  Probably difference between Bruce and Monk is that panface would have been able to handle these egos better....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

The guy is stating a fact, he isn't good enough. So why get so touchy. Mind you them clown shoes might help Dawson with his kicking. At a guess would play Westwood!

Kieran Westwood???? Watching Dawson, I’d be happy with Vivian Westwood 

• Haha 2

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Listen as Wednesday fans we're a passionate bunch and have been starved of success and quality for a long time. 

Dawson is a great young keeper but playing in front of either 3,000 away or 20,000 home supporters is a pressure cooker.

He's good, will develop into a good keeper but I'm hoping Monk can put his hands up and put Westwood and Hutch back in or I fear for the manager as he's not playing his best team.

Easier said on a forum than reality but we're defo having a mid season blip.  Probably difference between Bruce and Monk is that panface would have been able to handle these egos better....

He's neither great nor young I'm afraid... 24 years old, while not old for a keeper, it isn't like he's a teenager. Henderson at Utd is 22 and in the England squad. As for his ability, he proves time and again that he's bang average.

The reason we're regressing as a team is that we're replacing good players (the class of 2016, who fell short anyway) with players who aren't as good. Dawson isn't anywhere near as good as prime Westwood was. That's not to say that the current Westwood is either, just that if we want to move forward we need to find a keeper who is at least as good as 2016 Westwood was, otherwise we're moving backwards. Dawson is part of the reason we're no longer a top 6 side unfortunately, but many have blue and white tinted glasses and are unable to take criticism 

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Said a few weeks ago Dawson wasn't good enough and got slated.

A couple of weeks later and three mistakes in those weeks.

Wonder how many now realise he's not good enough!

I agree he has good games but the mistakes he makes are costly and have become more frequent it seems. He needs to be understudy for a senior keeper who commands the defence and doesn’t sulk.

He  was absolutely shocking today.  How many times have other teams scored from our corner this season?  Bannan should not be taking corners. He's proven he can't do it.

Worse goal I've seen us concede in a long time. Got to give another keeper a chance after today. Why didn't he just put his laces through it?

Edited by bobbobbins

5 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

He's neither great nor young I'm afraid... 24 years old, while not old for a keeper, it isn't like he's a teenager. Henderson at Utd is 22 and in the England squad. As for his ability, he proves time and again that he's bang average.

The reason we're regressing as a team is that we're replacing good players (the class of 2016, who fell short anyway) with players who aren't as good. Dawson isn't anywhere near as good as prime Westwood was. That's not to say that the current Westwood is either, just that if we want to move forward we need to find a keeper who is at least as good as 2016 Westwood was, otherwise we're moving backwards. Dawson is part of the reason we're no longer a top 6 side unfortunately, but many have blue and white tinted glasses and are unable to take criticism 

A lot of good points there. Our CH pairing are good, wingers started off well. Bannan stale.

Still hoping we can get PO but defo need WW and Hutch back. Peasy is hash...

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Po

Westwood comes back in with a cocky grin on his face that says I told you so.

Hutch follows him out with a determined look on his face.

Monk throws a bucket of confetti into the crowd before tripping over his oversized shoes, then rubs his red nose.

Wednesday start keeping clean sheets, and the defence doesn’t look like a bunch of strangers any more.

The crowd remains silent.

It’s all been said before.

And they lived happily ever after.

The End

Not good enough. Never has been, Never will be. But because some on here think he's Gordon Banks, they slate posters like me who think he's more like Jan Tomacewski :tongue:

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Said a few weeks ago Dawson wasn't good enough and got slated.

A couple of weeks later and three mistakes in those weeks.

Wonder how many now realise he's not good enough!

Been saying it for a while, no one mentions strengthening this position but I think it is a must.

Pity we couldn't have got Joe Hart on loan.

13 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not good enough. Never has been, Never will be. But because some on here think he's Gordon Banks, they slate posters like me who think he's more like Jan Tomacewski :tongue:

Wasn’t Tomacewski the Polish goalie who the legendary Brian Clough once famously described as a “clown” ?

I’m afraid that Dawson is getting a bit like that now. It’s costing us points.

• Like 1