Ross Wallace

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Gutted when he left. He left when we were in the embargo basically didn’t he? Did we let him go or was it a case of we couldn’t offer him a new contract? 

We didn't offer him a new contract which at the time I thought was the right decision. The main problem is we've never replaced him.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

Great player

Remember when he nicked those notes off the Huddersfield player and started reading em

Class act Ross Wallace

I was just going to mention that. Sounds better coming from an Englishman, "nicked".  :)

Good player for us,one of those guys who loved footie and showed it.Right little sod though,the winding up the oppositions fans when placing the ball a midges over the line on corners always worked for him ,the number of times the ref had to run over for a look only to find it was just in,class.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Proper footballer, what we have been missing for a while.

Very quick thinking.

Instant control, most of the time.

Knew where to move to receive a pass.

Knew where others were going to be to make a pass, short or long.

Ability to take a man on, with skill.

Ability to interlink with other similar quality quick thinking players, which we currently do not have, or do not have playing in the correct parts of the pitch.

This is the type of player we should have been employing throughout the team, when we spent all the money we had.

50 minutes ago, gbear05 said:

He was great for us for the majority of his time with us, but I do remember thinking that towards the end, his best days were well behind him. Think it was the right decision to let go

Agree with this but would also add his role/contribution during his very good times was vastly underrated by a lot of our supporters.