Lord Snooty

Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

I lived near wombwell for a few years, Barnsley football club really do reflect the town's folk, down to earth, grafters, self defacing, working class - even if they've got money, and a sense of humour.

Glad I don't live there anymore but fond memories of the place! Always check their results. 

Good luck to em, just not today! 

• Agree 1

If fit:

Dawson

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox 

Harris

Bannan 

Windass

Reach

FF

Wickham

Don’t care what you say, that is more than enough to beat Barnsley. I know Monk likes a DCM, but Hutch is done and Pelupessy offers nothing (league form not great either). Last 20 minutes you’ve got Murphy, De Cruz, Lee and even Big Dave to come on if you’re fan. UTO 

1 minute ago, gazzamk2 said:

I lived near wombwell for a few years, Barnsley football club really do reflect the town's folk, down to earth, grafters, self defacing, working class - even if they've got money, and a sense of humour.

Glad I don't live there anymore but fond memories of the place! Always check their results. 

Good luck to em, just not today! 

Self defacing..WTF:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

John Wick to get on the score sheet today. 

And so it begins ...

It'll make their decade if they beat us. 

If Luongo is still injured and Hutchinson not available for selection, a central midfild of Pelupessy and Bannan  is not good enough.

Hope the issue with Hutchinson has been resolved and for this local derby I would be tempted to start with Hutchinson and Pelupessy in central midfield, bring Bannan on when things have calmed down if needed.

Edited by A E Neuman NYowl
Sp

God thoughtful post Snoots.

This really could go either way today, with two teams on a poor run of form. The Wednesday Way is nagging away at the back of me but the difference this time is that we hopefully have a new attacking threat to go at the opponents with, so I’m crossing my fingers that the Wednesday away will take a refreshing detour today.

Barnsley were the first team I saw beat us back in the early 80’s. Maybe it’s because of this that I dislike them, and despite some positive views towards them on OT, I still think they are just your typical bitter small local rival with a grudge, just  like the others, and some of the most venomous fans I’ve ever met, so fizz them today as always, and Come On Wednesday.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Well said Snoots. Good to hear a voice of reason after some of the hysterical rubbish posted on here this week. 
Bruce, who showed his true colours by walking out, was being allowed a lot more slack by our supporters than Monk.

Not sure why because Brucie’s recent managerial record was none too brilliant. Maybe it was because he was well practiced at appearing down to earth and at ease with the media. Whatever the reason, most appeared prepared to give him two or three transfer windows to sort out the squad. Monk is not being given the chance to show the effects of his first attempt at squad refreshment by many. 

Would the knives have been out in the same way for Bruce in the same circumstances? Don’t think so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

God thoughtful post Snoots.

Is that good thoughtful?

Or God awful?lol

• Haha 3

Sheffield is a good team, but not a magic team.

Gerhard Struber

If only we had a new Semedo

garymegson

Until then I hope Hutchinson's knees are as good as new today. I have no worries Monk has enough to select from up front. 

Gunta skooer tun twunty thutty fotty fifty goyls past this lot.

ps - This is the most important game of the season. Until the next one.

Edited by theowlsman

Please don’t name Pessy and Nuhiu in the starting line up Monk. Nuhiu coming off the bench at the end fair enough but not starting. FF and Cruz looked good last week when they came on however I would be surprised if they both start. Perhaps Cruz starts as would guess he is the fitter of the 2. 

I agree MiLord.

I think that the reason for criticism of the manager is due to the fact that he is not seen as a new start.

The DC revolution has been underway since Carlos and that generated an ongoing expectation. 

All the the disappointments and near misses, the Jos debacle, the SB debacle, soft embargo, aging squad, failed transfers etc. all are seen as an ongoing problem with the club.

GM has come into that process and is seen by some as continuous with it.

Therefore ridiculous as it is, while people acknowledge the current state of the squad is not good, they can't cut GM any slack for it.

That's my two penn'orth any road.

0-2 win today UTO

• Like 3

Quality omdt today. Buzzin for this one. A short train ride from Meadowhell for me. Tarn friends tell me their defence is poo. Please start the new lads GM, even if they're blowing after an hour.

People calling for Monk's head are daft. Ancelotti would struggle with our squad. Needs a summer of big change & his own players before we judge.

3-1 to us today. UTO. 

• Agree 1

Seeing our last 6 results written down surprised me. There are  far more green squares than it feels like. In my head we have six red. I am finally losing it. :sad:

top work as usual Mi `Lord 

• Agree 1

Bit of gravitas for the instant gratification generation Snoots...

Looking forward to this and hopefully the new lads can gel.

Another grind today and hoping a bit of additional quality makes the difference.

COME ON WEDNESDAY SMASH THE DIRTY DINGLE BASSADS.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

Seeing our last 6 results written down surprised me. There are  far more green squares than it feels like. In my head we have six red. I am finally losing it. :sad:

To be fair, the wins at Brighton, QPR and L**ds don't count though as Pelupessy played in them. So it might as well be 6 red.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 4

Get Westwood and Hutch back in.

Penney needs to be dropped.

Then sack Jos.

Sorry, had flashbacks.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair, the wins at Brighton, QPR and L**ds don't count though as Pelupessy played in them. So it might as well be 6 red.

Maybe Pellupessy is Magic? Of course he'll never amount to anything at Hillsborough as Jos brought him here.