Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Just replayed the goals on the Barnsley version of iFollow I’ve been given. 

Dawson could’ve put that ball anywhere, just WTF was that?

Anyway. Will leave it there after seeing he replay. 

Good finish by Windass.

In the few minutes I’ve seen, we don’t seem to have a central midfield. Needs sorting.

Hopefully other people start to grasp this. It's so flippin obvious

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

Honestly feel for Bannan, we should just sell.

He wants to play football, so he drops deep to give defenders an easy option, but is often ignored with the ball hit aimlessly forward to no one. He's feeding on scraps and headers away into his direction. 4 attacking players on the field and no one is giving the ball to Bannan to try and create something.

Utterly frustrating and dire to watch.

I wonder why no one has come in for your superstar bannan then if he is that good 

We did alright without him against Brighton and QPR ,not won a game since wonderboy has come back in 

Just now, theowlsman said:

3-1 Wednesday I’m going for. Fessi and Wickham to score.

ps - who’ve we got on the bench to bring into central midfield, and please don’t tell me our only option is Alex Hunt.

Lee, Hunt, Harris and Murphy.

Plenty of game changers there !

It has been like this for months. Getting results papered over the cracks. Monk has one one way of playing. He doesn’t seem to be able to motivate the players. They don’t look happy.  It’s all well and good slating individual players, but when they are shot of confidence don’t like the way they are being told to play what exactly do people expect. 

Guest domSWFC

Bannan and Pelupessey off at half time, Nuhiu and Urgohide on, with Iorfa going up top.

If the game plan is to boot the ball forward, don't play midfielders and put some targets upfront. 

Just now, mcmigo said:

FF off, Nuhiu on, batter the ball over the useless midfield to Wickham and the big man up front and forget trying tap tap football.  Put a stamp on it and send it airmail as my old coach used to shout at me from the touch line !

I must have missed that "tap tap football". We are just hoofing over the midfield anyway.

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

HT reflections 

Grind of a game with the only real quality on the pitch being our forward players

Problem is that we don’t really have a plan to get the ball to them.

Palmer looks unfit (injured :)) and I’m not sure he should be playing, but for a lack of other options

Windass’ role looks unclear.

Pelupessy needs to be replaced by Lee and pull Windass back into a more conventional 3

Probably what will happen is Monk will just replace FF at HT cos he doesn’t like him.

Awful keeping from Dawson, he’s in a horrible run of form.

Couldn't agree more. Especially re midfield