Barnsley - V - Wednesday OMDT

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bannan and Joey P as a central midfield two is just...well, it is terrible. 

Bannan and anyone in a 2 has never worked, but honestly we lack any sort of shape, or tactical nous, and have for months. Monk has no clue tactically outside of one way of playing. He is incapable of altering the tactics to the opposition, nor change them when things aren't going to plan.

Just replayed the goals on the Barnsley version of iFollow I’ve been given. 

Dawson could’ve put that ball anywhere, just WTF was that?

Anyway. Will leave it there after seeing he replay. 

Good finish by Windass.

In the few minutes I’ve seen, we don’t seem to have a central midfield. Needs sorting.

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Be interesting 2nd half, not helped at all by that low sun first half all defence and keeper were obviously struggling with it ... Don't understand why Dawson waited for the mistake before putting a cap on.

That kick has nothing to do with the sun. He just miskicked it. 

And then he repeated it just before the break. 

Guest domSWFC

Honestly feel for Bannan, we should just sell.

He wants to play football, so he drops deep to give defenders an easy option, but is often ignored with the ball hit aimlessly forward to no one. He's feeding on scraps and headers away into his direction. 4 attacking players on the field and no one is giving the ball to Bannan to try and create something.

Utterly frustrating and dire to watch.

Just now, marcx666 said:

Bannan and anyone in a 2 has never worked, but honestly we lack any sort of shape, or tactical nous, and have for months. Monk has no clue tactically outside of one way of playing. He is incapable of altering the tactics to the opposition, nor change them when things aren't going to plan.

I am starting to wonder. 

We have zero identity. 

There is no style of play, just aimless punts here and there. 

Just now, Theboylangers said:

I hate to say it but I'm genuinely starting to wonder if Bannan is part of the problem rather than the solution. 

It just doesn't seem to be working although cannot help the Pelupessy is worse than useless. 

Pelupessy insted of hutch? 

4 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

The root cause of our problems is central midfield.

Bannan and A N other doesn't work and hasn't worked consistently for the last 3 years.

As soon as we come up against a supposed weaker team who get the extra man in midfield we get overrun.

Play Bannan and 2 battlers or just 2 battlers.

You're right - yet we carry on doing it. It's like self harming.

Big 2nd half coming for Monk. He's got to start delivering; if not results then at least performances. At present both stink.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

You're right - yet we carry on doing it. It's like self harming.

Big 2nd half coming for Monk. He's got to start delivering; if not results then at least performances. At present both stink.

Monk will just throw the players under the bus again, it seems to be what he does best.

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We can't be this bad, surely? 

Are we that bad when it comes to stringing two or three passes together? 

These are professional footballers we are talking about and yet the lack of ability on the ball is frightening at times. 

I reckon I can pass the ball better than Tom Lees. 

Unreal. 

Tom Lees has never been able to pass the ball, every opposition manager we have come up against knows this and plan to let him have possession. It was at its worst when Jos tried to encourage him into becoming a ball-playing centre-half. 

HT reflections 

Grind of a game with the only real quality on the pitch being our forward players

Problem is that we don’t really have a plan to get the ball to them.

Palmer looks unfit (injured :)) and I’m not sure he should be playing, but for a lack of other options

Windass’ role looks unclear.

Pelupessy needs to be replaced by Lee and pull Windass back into a more conventional 3

Probably what will happen is Monk will just replace FF at HT cos he doesn’t like him.

Awful keeping from Dawson, he’s in a horrible run of form.

• Thanks 1

Just now, erowl said:

Showing players who's the gaffer and ostracising them is all well and good if the guys you're bringing in are up to it.

Who really thinks Dawson & Pelupessy are better than Westwood & Hutchinson.

The last guy tried this and ended up on the dole.

I think the issue is that we need a clearout. 

We can't keep relying on the same old faces. 

Either because they're not good enough or because they're a disruptive influence within the dressing room. 

This summer is a huge one for this club in so many ways.