What team would we like v Barnsley

Guest Ferkorf
2 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Dave WTF:

Hes the spearhead of the attack! I had to leave out waddle on the left wing just to get him in.

Call me Carlos Luhukay Irvine Jones (No relation to Kenwayne)

55 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Hes the spearhead of the attack! I had to leave out waddle on the left wing just to get him in.

Call me Carlos Luhukay Irvine Jones (No relation to Kenwayne)

Also just seen that you played the Dave card so I wouldn't see that you put Fox in a left back, well played sir. Those coaching badges tho!

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

What team would we like v Barnsley

giphy.gif

Springett

Nilsson    Swan   Walker   Megson

Sheridan   Palmer

Waddle      Carbone      Di Canio

Hirst

How about this one, courtesy of your TARDIS. Maximum confusion in the opposition:

Springett (either)

McAnearney    Monk   Bullen   Megson

Palmer   Palmer

McAnearney                          Megson

Hirst       Hirst

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

How about this one, courtesy of your TARDIS. Maximum confusion in the opposition:

Springett (either)

McAnearney    Monk   Bullen   Megson

Palmer   Palmer

McAnearney                          Megson

Hirst       Hirst

I saw the Hirst's shopping in meadowhall yesterday never more felt like saying summat to george on his betrayal but then thought ahhh best not Hirst snr will knock me out infront of my kids ain't the best look hahaha 

Edited by Lomas613
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, should know better said:

We had a fully fit Lee in that match whilst they had (at least for a half) Tom Lees. 

Lee isn't what he once was, and Lees, although dependable isn't as immense as Borner and Iorfa. Lees wasn't to blame for the implosion of Leeds that day. 

On 06/02/2020 at 11:42, Owls-Fan said:

Dawson 

Palmer  Iorfa  Borner    Fox

Urhoghide   Bannan 

Forestieri  Windass  Da Cruz

Wickham 

The coach at Wimbledon said Urhoghide would be a good DM so stick him in there and let him run around like a pest 

On 06/02/2020 at 23:16, ka58 said:

4 forwards and bannan In midfield and with a youth team player in holding role - I love football manager too.

Don’t think I was too far off from my predicted team? Though I shouldn’t have included a defensive minded player in midfield as Joey was clearly a better pick for that role 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Don’t think I was too far off from my predicted team? Though I shouldn’t have included a defensive minded player in midfield as Joey was clearly a better pick for that role 

I actually thought about your post when I saw the team lineup yesterday mate. You weren’t far off.

I’m amazed he picked that side though. 

I keep banging on about this and i know

Monk wont try it but i would go 3-5-2.............assuming EVERYONE is fit and available

Westwood

Hutchinson

Iorfa

Borner

Odubajo

Luongo

Bannan

Windass

Fox 

Wickham

Forestieri

SUBS

Dawson

Bates

Reach

Lee

Da Cruz

Harris

Murphy

On 06/02/2020 at 19:50, frastheowl said:

I'm not sure it's about been cautious.

You've got to strike a balance throughout the team.

With Bannan & Pelupessy in a double pivot, in a 4-2-3-1, both are going to be deep, and aren't going to cover great deals of space. 

So by playing two out and out attacking wide players, and a No.10 who's instinct is to attack, it's putting a huge burden on two players, who don't cover a lot of ground. And especially against a side that plays with a narrow diamond, you'll be facing 2v4 scenarios in there for much of the game. 

Reach has his limitations, and there's no doubt, he's been garbage for the mostpart this season. But, he does cover ground, he does track players and he does defend central areas. 

When Luongo is back in the picture, Monk might be tempted to go with a more adventurous front four, because he'll cover the ground Bannan and Pelupessy don't. But until then, I fear it might be a case of, saving that front four as a Plan B option. 

My concerns with that double pivot, and that front four, were proved to be pretty accurate. 

Monk's hand was perhaps forced, given Reach's knock, but the game at Barnsley should tell him a lot about what these players are capable of. 

Barnsley completely stifled us from building through the thirds, by harassing Bannan and Pelupessy, and forcing us to go direct up towards Wickham. And I fully expect Luton to play a very similar game to Barnsley on Wednesday night.