Pick carefully.

In our current squad and in your opinion who is our best and worst player?  

For me Fox is proving a real quality left back and a steal at 750k.

Where do you start with worst player? As much as I've been a fan of big Dave he just ain't cutting it at this level league one beast all day but that's it!  

To be fair majority of our squad are mediocre in terms of form of late really baffling as we had a good start to the season and a cracking result at Nottingham forest been pretty dire since.

I used to think we had a solid foundation to build on but this summer I'm unsure this is the case? 

Dawson

Fox

Bannan

Lee (Just)

Borner

Iorfa

I'd have said Fletcher but I think he's of an age where he's destined for lower leagues.

Thoughts? 

I think by best player you can only choose one that appears to have the potential to make it in the PL.

I don’t think we have many and 12 months ago, I didn’t think I’d be saying this - but Iorfa has the most obvious claims when you take into account this is his first season at centre half.

Worst? That would have to be a player that is playing higher than they should be I.e. they are not a Championship player. Don’t think you can look far beyond Wildsmith at the moment. Of the more regular players, Pelepussy is not Championship standard.

Worst player has to be lees or Nuhiu at the moment their lack of effort in games is criminal at the moment.

best has to be fletcher, doesn’t need explaining 

I think reach is the most over rated if that’s another option too. 

Edited by Mr. Chow

2 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

Worst player has to be lees or Nuhiu at the moment their lack of effort in games is criminal at the moment.

best has to be fletcher, doesn’t need explaining 

I think reach is the most over rated if that’s another option too. 

At the moment this isn't an option.

Edited by 1867_OWL

Our best player is Forestieri (when he can be bothered) so it says a lot about his attitude when lots of fans (myself included) don’t want to see his contract renewed in the summer.

Our worst player is currently on loan at the moment, Joost Van Aken. That guy defends like a 15 year old girl and to say we scouted 200 defenders before splashing £4m on this complete and utter waste of a contract speaks volumes about why we are currently struggling with FFP.

• Haha 1

I haven't mentioned FF due to his Newcastle dealings and attitude towards the club in general, him alone at his best should see us easily into the playoffs maybe he could turn a corner for rest of season or is this wishful thinking.

Edited by 1867_OWL

31 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

Where do you start with worst player? As much as I've been a fan of big Dave he just ain't cutting it at this level league one beast all day but that's it!  

To be fair majority of our squad are mediocre in terms of form of late really baffling as we had a good start to the season and a cracking result at Nottingham forest been pretty dire since.

I used to think we had a solid foundation to build on but this summer I'm unsure this is the case? 

Dawson

Fox

Bannan

Lee (Just)

Borner

Iorfa

I'd have said Fletcher but I think he's of an age where he's destined for lower leagues.

Thoughts? 

Pick carefully??

Then you pick Fox as our best???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, 1867_OWL said:

Dawson

Fox

Bannan

Lee (Just)

Borner

Iorfa

Thoughts? 

League one beast ? What does that mean?

And you say you was a fan of his ? 

Why? and did you have autographs, pics etc ?

What time scale are you putting on Fletcher being in the lower leagues as hes played his best since been at the club?

Best player is Fletcher by a mile. I base that on how much we have missed him when he's out. A case could be argued for FF and Bannan but we cope without them much better than without Fletcher. Iorfa has a shout but that is on potential rather than actual current ability. He's not the finished article, he can get bullied as in a couple of recent games, when he is on it he saves our bacon time and time again.

Worst player, I could name a few candidates but won't do so. These guys have got to play for us for the rest of the season at least so I don't feel it's right to name names and destroy whatever fragile confidence they may develop. I'm happy to constructively criticise but not to be overly negative.

• Like 2