New recruits training

6 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Enjoyed that, good to see FF with a smile on his face.

Hutchinson and Westwood were conspicuous by their absence.

Yes don’t think I saw Lee or Luongo either so will be interesting what midfield we have to endure on Saturday 

4 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

What a joke.

All really busting gut aren't they.

It's all to soft. They need a Tony Tom's training regime. Get em up on the moors, run them till they throw up then run em some more. 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It's all to soft. They need a Tony Tom's training regime. Get em up on the moors, run them till they throw up then run em some more. 

I don't think we can assume too much from the video. Let's face it no session can be 100% all the time. Some bits push you to the limit then you have an easier bit, then go for it again. It's the total effort that counts over the whole sesssion.

Having said that Fox decided to get himself fit in the close season and did a lot of hard work which has paid off with better performances. If last seasons training left room for improvement in Fox then it probably did for the rest of them.

I would have thought the new head training guy would have them super fit this season.

11 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I've seen more movement in my local morgue.

5 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

What a joke.

All really busting gut aren't they.

5 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

It's an hard life.... Who's the coach? 

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Looks like a stroll in the garden

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bloody hell, not exactly a full on session! 

All the professional athletes in the house :duntmatter:

• Haha 7

Seriously though...4 minutes of a training session and we have people complaining. 

We all know things are a bit crap now, but you can always count on a section  of *supporters* to try and pile on the misery. 

• Haha 1

I’d bet my mortgage if we’d have seen players going at it full bloodied and spewing up we’d be skating the club for pushing them too hard and picking up injuries 

it’s 4 minute video of the players training not the whole training video

On another point Connor wickham looks like a right beast now proper filled out 

really can’t wait to see how this new line up starts playing when they start to click 

Tell you what looking at that the camp seems like they get along have a good laugh fessi involved too. Only players I didn't see was hutch and Westwood ??? End of day it doesnt look very clicky and argumentative like most thing after all 

Just now, fpowl said:

On another point Connor wickham looks like a right beast now proper filled out 

really can’t wait to see how this new line up starts playing when they start to click 

That was my main takeaway: 

The bloke looks like an absolute unit these days. 

That and the fact the players weren't running well fast. 

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Yes don’t think I saw Lee or Luongo either so will be interesting what midfield we have to endure on Saturday 

Lee was in front of Palmer at the beginning of the video doing the shuttles. Didn't notice Luongo, maybe he is not ready yet....

Training mid season is ALOT different to training pre season. 

Pre season you bust a ball to get your fitness back up. Mid season your playing once or twice to week which will maintain this. You won't see too much full throttle training during the season otherwise players will burn out. 

They'll obviously still do enough to maintain fitness but will focus more on positioning, tactics, set pieces, attack v defence etc than out and out fitness. 

Can't see anything to moan about. 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

We all know things are a bit crap now, but you can always count on a section  of *supporters* to try and pile on the misery. 

Couldn't score in a brothel. 

Patience starting to wear thin with Monk. 

Appreciate that the players are a joke, but his approach is so flipping boring.

Just one of your recent posts Mr Positive *supporter*

Want more?

Edited by Bulgaria