Westwood

9 hours ago, cowl said:

But spelling is just surface. He could've written it perfectly after all - why would this make his claim more believable?

I was responding to what someone had seemingly offered up as a counterpoint as to why the OP's claim wasn't believable, i.e., that Huddersfield signed a keeper on deadline day. Presumably, the thinking being that they would have therefore had no need of Westwood.

My point was to say that it would surely only make it more believable, rather than less, given that they signed Lossl so late in the day.

Who knows whether the OP is telling the truth? People make stuff up on here all the time. Now and again, there's some that are probably true though. I actually don't find it difficult to imagine a conversation between a footballer and a fan in which the footballer says something they wouldn't say on social media. Especially if it's something they're still quite emotional about. Again though, the plausibility of a story is no guarantee of its truth.

Fair enough. It wouldn't surprise me if the main elements of this were true in that Westwood was keen on a move to Huddersfield but it didn't come through. Not sure we would have changed our mind at the last minute though, more likely it was never fully agreed and I am sceptical about how the information was sourced, perhaps he picked it up from somewhere else but this version of events seems more 'exciting'!.

His last revelation was that Rhodes was a done deal 5 months ago but we will seemingly be paying his wage until his contract runs dry.

On 03/02/2020 at 13:36, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Would seem strange agreeing to a loan deal which basically takes him to the end of his contract - surely it would just be a permanent transfer with Huddersfield taking over his contract?

Personally, I'd rather he stayed here until the summer. Too much reliance on Dawson with Wildsmith having been injured for so long; who knows what that's done to his development.

Judging by some of the comments by those that regularly watch the under 23's we'd be better off sticking weaver on he bench if Westwood had gone. 

Seems he's been in terrible form. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Judging by some of the comments by those that regularly watch the under 23's we'd be better off sticking weaver on he bench if Westwood had gone. 

This is the maddest part.

Even when he played as our first choice he dropped a major clanger every few games.

Nothing has really changed

17 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough. It wouldn't surprise me if the main elements of this were true in that Westwood was keen on a move to Huddersfield but it didn't come through. Not sure we would have changed our mind at the last minute though, more likely it was never fully agreed and I am sceptical about how the information was sourced, perhaps he picked it up from somewhere else but this version of events seems more 'exciting'!.

His last revelation was that Rhodes was a done deal 5 months ago but we will seemingly be paying his wage until his contract runs dry.

Probably failed the medical knowing our players injury/fitness records. lol

8 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think I could keep better than wildsmith blindfolded with hands tied behind my back , if they did an u23 bloobers special you would be stunned how bad he is , just don't know whats up with him ,we all thought he would be a top class keeper . I wouldn't pick him for a local park side at min.  wish idiots would stop asking monk  about playing wildsmith in cup and league games. 

Edited by handworth52

7 hours ago, McRightSide said:

This is the maddest part.

Even when he played as our first choice he dropped a major clanger every few games.

Nothing has really changed

seem to remember in kop end maybe 2 years ago him making 2 unbelievable howlers maybe vs qpr . what is it with our keepers? dawson,westwood,wildsmith between them have made so many unbelievable mistakes . can cope with 1-2 but at least 10 goals this season have been caused by poor keeping. 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

seem to remember in kop end maybe 2 years ago him making 2 unbelievable howlers maybe vs qpr . what is it with our keepers? dawson,westwood,wildsmith between them have made so many unbelievable mistakes . can cope with 1-2 but at least 10 goals this season have been caused by poor keeping. 

Keepers will make errors like any other player......you only have to watch MOTD or the EFL highlights to see all keepers are at it.....none more so than De Gea

Edited by Ian

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 04/02/2020 at 21:53, toppOwl said:

What we know:

Westwood signed a new contract last season after being sidelined by JL.

He started this season as 1st choice but made quite a few costly out of character errors.

He was dropped for Dawson and an "injury" was mentioned at the time.

He hasn't appeared in a squad since with no "injury" updates forthcoming.

Monk mentioned when asked recently that he was fit and cryptically that he will "tell me when he wants to play".

I've been a fan of Westwood but he deserved to be dropped when he was, he should have taken it on the chin and fought his way back into the side.

The speculation:

He doesn't train regularly

He's an outspoken character

He's agreed to join Huddersfield, WBA (insert name of club) but SWFC scuppered the deal late on.

Not true. Was named on the bench twice. Which is why this whole rumor is rounduns! Monk and Westwood must have had a fall out. Otherwise it makes zero sense as he’s far better than Wildsmith and in my opinion at least, still better than Dawson 

50 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Not true. Was named on the bench twice. Which is why this whole rumor is rounduns! Monk and Westwood must have had a fall out. Otherwise it makes zero sense as he’s far better than Wildsmith and in my opinion at least, still better than Dawson 

Based on bullshit speculation from here and nothing else. He isn't starting and if he sits on the bench then he gets additional payments. So he isn't selected on the bench. I would almost certainly guarantee that should Dawson be injured or suspended, Westwood would be selected ahead of Wildsmith. 

Edited by Minton

Have pretty much had it confirmed that Westwood, Hutchinson and also Bates have been banished to the Under 23 team. 

Not usually one to post ITK stuff, but this comes from a pretty reliable source. 

So there you go...

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Have pretty much had it confirmed that Westwood, Hutchinson and also Bates have been banished to the Under 23 team. 

Not usually one to post ITK stuff, but this comes from a pretty reliable source. 

So there you go...

Was Bates ever NOT banished to the U23s?

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

So there you go...

Hutchinson must have said something about tactics and Westwood and Bates would be down to moaning about game time or questioning there exclusion from the starting eleven I would imagine.