Westwood

Why do people who post these "I've heard" or "I've been told" threads never tell us where they've heard from or who's told them.:wacko:

I've heard it is because they've made it up.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really an attack on the chairman. I just think this could be true. 

Which translates to you want it to be true to add additional weight to your stick for bashing the chairman

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Which translates to you want it to be true to add additional weight to your stick for bashing the chairman

Not really. I just think it’s true.

I wouldn’t have given Westwood a two year deal, but hey ho we did. If there was an opportunity to get a player who can’t make the 18 out the squad and off the wage bill I would have accepted it.

But then again I don’t know the ins and outs of the supposed deal. 

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I mean this guy can barely write a coherent sentence and his last revelation was starting a thread to state that Rhodes to Norwich was a done deal on deadline day in August as he had 'herd' it from a good source.

Westwood uses social media enough to comment himself but instead chooses to tell this guy all about it in passing in a hotel in Chester on a Monday morning? At least he has revealed more about it to make it appear more credible......

But spelling is just surface. He could've written it perfectly after all - why would this make his claim more believable?

I was responding to what someone had seemingly offered up as a counterpoint as to why the OP's claim wasn't believable, i.e., that Huddersfield signed a keeper on deadline day. Presumably, the thinking being that they would have therefore had no need of Westwood.

My point was to say that it would surely only make it more believable, rather than less, given that they signed Lossl so late in the day.

Who knows whether the OP is telling the truth? People make stuff up on here all the time. Now and again, there's some that are probably true though. I actually don't find it difficult to imagine a conversation between a footballer and a fan in which the footballer says something they wouldn't say on social media. Especially if it's something they're still quite emotional about. Again though, the plausibility of a story is no guarantee of its truth.

28 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Why do people who post these "I've heard" or "I've been told" threads never tell us where they've heard from or who's told them.:wacko:

But the OP has told us who told him; Westwood himself.

He also said that it was at a hotel in Chester.

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

32 minutes ago, cowl said:

But the OP has told us who told him; Westwood himself.

He also said that it was at a hotel in Chester.

Whoops! :sad:

2 hours ago, Burnsie said:

Ignoring some of the BS in this thread.....

If Westwood doesn't want to play, can we not sack him? Not saying he doesn't or that we should.

Problem is I imagine he'll not be openly saying he won't play / won't sit on the bench. 

But Monk has probably come to the conclusion if he forces him to sit on the bench/ travel to the away game he isn't in the right frame of mind and may likely be a negative impact on team mates. Difficult to prove that though and not pay him, probably just Monk's opinion. 

What we know:

Westwood signed a new contract last season after being sidelined by JL.

He started this season as 1st choice but made quite a few costly out of character errors.

He was dropped for Dawson and an "injury" was mentioned at the time.

He hasn't appeared in a squad since with no "injury" updates forthcoming.

Monk mentioned when asked recently that he was fit and cryptically that he will "tell me when he wants to play".

I've been a fan of Westwood but he deserved to be dropped when he was, he should have taken it on the chin and fought his way back into the side.

The speculation:

He doesn't train regularly

He's an outspoken character

He's agreed to join Huddersfield, WBA (insert name of club) but SWFC scuppered the deal late on.

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

He said Westwood told him though.

People on here absolutly hate it if someone posts something that could be true or has spoken to a player thats said something,  certain posters go into  spasm over it.