With Fletcher we were 3rd and flying. I don't get everyone saying get rid. The guy is in amazing shape and been a game changer this season. Why pay him less if he can to do the business, just have a shorter contract.

19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Sadly. None of them. Fox has improved but from a very low base line and is still not good enough. See where he ends up if we release him. Won’t be to a better club that’s for sure. Fletch too old and too expensive. The rest aren’t even worth discussing any more because they won’t be here. Just hope the manager goes with them. 

Totally agree 

Giving Fox a contract would be another waste 

Same as when we give Nuhiu one based on a decent 60 minutes and forget the previous 3 years 

Fox isn’t good enough. It showed on Saturday that we can get anyone with a bit of athletic ability and they will look decent in this league. 
Odabajo looked as steady as Fox has done in this so called golden period of his.

We need better - it’s football not sentiment 

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

So, these contracts expire in June, which ones would you keep and why?

FDDA3295-A0B6-4CF1-B156-EE8D632874BA.png

Fox. Thats it.

Played well this season. Best LB and only LB we have.

5 minutes ago, bobowl said:

With Fletcher we were 3rd and flying. I don't get everyone saying get rid. The guy is in amazing shape and been a game changer this season. Why pay him less if he can to do the business, just have a shorter contract.

We need different attacking options which hopefully da cruz, windass and wickham gives us. Before these additions we relied on lump it up to fletcher tactics which worked against most teams. Fletcher's injury exposed our frailties in attack I am afraid. Nuhiu should be able to cover for fletcher but he is a slow donkey when he starts a game.

Contract extension defo needs careful consideration as he is 32 on very high wages, depends on his knee injury situation too.

Very important period between now and start of next season regarding players and recruitment with the bulk of our attacking options out of contact or crap. It all depends on what is available to replace them with next to f##k all money.

39 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Give Stobbs a 5 year deal 

rest can go

That's nailed on that is. Always gets a new deal he does.

19 minutes ago, torres said:

Totally agree 

Giving Fox a contract would be another waste 

Same as when we give Nuhiu one based on a decent 60 minutes and forget the previous 3 years 

Fox isn’t good enough. It showed on Saturday that we can get anyone with a bit of athletic ability and they will look decent in this league. 
Odabajo looked as steady as Fox has done in this so called golden period of his.

We need better - it’s football not sentiment 

So you think Fox is playing for a new deal then is going to revert to type and be terrible again.

Dawson - already signed

Fox- much improved

Fletcher - reduced terms only

Forestieri - Reduced terms and Xmas leave unpaid from now on

Nuhiu - contract specifies not allowed on pitch before 75 minute mark 

The rest can go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

So you think Fox is playing for a new deal then is going to revert to type and be terrible again.

personally I don’t think he’s good enough, whether he be playing for a contract or not. 
Yes he would be ok as a squad player but I wouldn’t sign players on that basis.

Its a wasted argument anyway as he’s near enough got a new deal by the sounds of it 

I just feel we’ve been down this road time after time and we never learn 

23 minutes ago, bobowl said:

Because he will be 33 at start of next season and is very injury prone. 
Also 90% of players wont accept reduced terms.

2 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Dawson - already signed

Fox- much improved

Fletcher - reduced terms only

Forestieri - Reduced terms and Xmas leave unpaid from now on

Nuhiu - contract specifies not allowed on pitch before 75 minute mark 

The rest can go.

Seen enough of Nuihu he makes me swear. Let fletcher be impact sub. Get rid.

Dawson apart would only offer terms to Fox and then wouldn't be too bothered if he moves on.
Would be sorry to see Fletcher go but cant resign injury prone players.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

fairly sure its 2021 summer for Rhodes ,take no notice of some sites saying 2020. why chansiri aint offered him a loan move for half his wages I don't know. 

2. 5 years for Fox signed this week.

Release the rest in Summer.

Rhodes is contracted through until Summer 21

Edited by McRightSide

27 minutes ago, torres said:

personally I don’t think he’s good enough, whether he be playing for a contract or not. 
Yes he would be ok as a squad player but I wouldn’t sign players on that basis.

Its a wasted argument anyway as he’s near enough got a new deal by the sounds of it 

I just feel we’ve been down this road time after time and we never learn 

As far as Monk is concerned he is a really good left back. He isn't blinkered by what has gone before, only sees him as he is now. Which is a very good left back for this league. 

He can get a goal. Is tall. can whip in a cross. gets up and down the pitch. Makes last ditch tackles. and seems to have cut out most of the errors he was always making. For me he is up there with Iorfa as our best player this season.

We will struggle to get better for the money we will be able to spend on a left back we really will.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

As far as Monk is concerned he is a really good left back. He isn't blinkered by what has gone before, only sees him as he is now. Which is a very good left back for this league. 

He can get a goal. Is tall. can whip in a cross. gets up and down the pitch. Makes last ditch tackles. and seems to have cut out most of the errors he was always making. For me he is up there with Iorfa as our best player this season.

We will struggle to get better for the money we will be able to spend on a left back we really will.

He gives his all (which should be a given)

Due to the nature of the players in the squad, sadly this stands out as a bigger positive than it should. 

I think Fox would be perfect to play left in a central 3, decent in the air, knows the defensive role, is left footed so would be comfortable (sadly we don’t play that)

As a full back I think he’s found wanting in my opinion, too slow, lack of mobility, his crossing in general isn’t great (compared to others in the squad it is but that says more about the others) 

As I stated he’s got a deal so good luck to him and hope I’m proved wrong 

Fox on a 2yr deal

Fletcher 1yr (he will no doubt be looking for 2 as will his agent anything more than a year I would release he’s our top earner) 

Rest of them get rid 

Try and offload Rhodes on loan for the season covering his wages.

1 hour ago, bobowl said:

We need to get out of the habit of re-signing ageing players with questionable injury records who miraculously have their best ever season in the final year of their contract

1 minute ago, torres said:

He gives his all (which should be a given)

Due to the nature of the players in the squad, sadly this stands out as a bigger positive than it should. 

I think Fox would be perfect to play left in a central 3, decent in the air, knows the defensive role, is left footed so would be comfortable (sadly we don’t play that)

As a full back I think he’s found wanting in my opinion, too slow, lack of mobility, his crossing in general isn’t great (compared to others in the squad it is but that says more about the others) 

As I stated he’s got a deal so good luck to him and hope I’m proved wrong 

If you make that comment on his crossing you show yourself up as having zero awareness of what actually happens on the pitch.

Reach, Fox, Bannan, Murphy

Our best crossers

5 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Fox on a 2yr deal

Fletcher 1yr (he will no doubt be looking for 2 as will his agent anything more than a year I would release he’s our top earner) 

Rest of them get rid 

Try and offload Rhodes on loan for the season covering his wages.

I dont think we could even do this, we would have to cover 50% of his wages just to get him out on loan.
Dreadful signing.

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

If you make that comment on his crossing you show yourself up as having zero awareness of what actually happens on the pitch.

Reach, Fox, Bannan, Murphy

Our best crossers

OUR best crossers 

OURS!!

Does not make the good crossers of the ball. 

Suggest you read the post again- shown you up to be a bit thick 

Edited by torres