On 02/02/2020 at 21:16, upperwinngardensowl said:

Glad someone else noticed how he repeats the same phrase or train of thought about 3 times in an interview 

Has anyone noticed that TV ,and public interviewers are constantly asking the SAME question? The best example is after a disaster or conflit,when survivors are always asked one question -'how do you feel.'. They collar some poor sodding survivor, who's just survived a car crash/shooting/explosion, and say 'How do you  feel now?'

How do they think you feel- 'Sodding awful'  'YES, but how do you feel?' 

It's part of journalistic training Repeat the same questions. The same applies to football. Post match interviews in any sport should NOT take place until at least  1 hr after the end, when you've had time to calm down, let the adrenaline stop flowing,and letthe person consider all the facts.

As for his manner of speech, it's laughable that a Wednesday supporter should be talking about someone's way of expression. And yes, I incliude myself!.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ljhowl said:

Monk Salmonbones has a way of talking.

I find it strange, I wonder if the man passed any GCSE's has any friends.

If I said Monk Salmonbones is a saddo thick, he would say "Monk is Fick " please be my friend"

Has no one else picked up on this?

Apart from I don't do interviews where I say things like "I fort we played blah blah blah", "I fink we can do better blah blah blah"

Edited by Salmonbones

21 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

I'd like him as the manager articulate about things related to the game, for example:

- what were his tactics for the game - Not letting you know our secrets
- what his thoughts on team selection were  - Good if we win ... Bad if we lose

- how he thought those plans went - See above answer

- if it didn't go to plan, what caused that (our failings, or opposition strengths) - We need better players

- what he did to combat those during the game - Everyone's buggered off home by now, who cares?

- how did he think certain players played, in particular subs.

- who he was pleased with, and why

- what specifically he feels he needs to work on for next time out.

- what injuries did we pick up

- which injured players might be back, and when.

Part of his job is to communicate with the supporters via the media, and the questions above are so very routine that I'm sure he is able to if he chooses. It's not that hard.

20 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

Perhaps we could just very quietly let this thread slip away into the past....

Goodbye everyone.....

Bye.....

Shhhhhhh.....

Soz ard.

Seriously, listen to the man on any given occasion when he talks to the press.

How can someone so anti eloquent put his thoughts forward to the players in a manner they are going to understand?

50 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Soz ard.

How can someone so anti eloquent put his thoughts forward to the players in a manner they are going to understand?

I think you're overestimating the intelligence of our footballers.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

It means quite simply, if he can't talk in a manner that is eloquent - how are the players he is talking to going to be motivated by him?

It's not a hard concept to grasp, is it?!

How do you know he's not motivating them?  You seem to be making an assumption which you simply cannot back up.

I would assume that the way he talks to the media and the way he talk to the players are totally different and you shouldn't conflate the two. Wait until you him hear motivating them before making a judgement.  

18 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

It means quite simply, if he can't talk in a manner that is eloquent - how are the players he is talking to going to be motivated by him?

It's not a hard concept to grasp, is it?!

Not a difficult concept.

A bloody stupid one...

but no, not difficult.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Soz ard.

Anti eloquent lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salmonbones said:

Soz ard.

Thank you for providing us with the the full range of your linguistic powers from A to B lol

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Haha 1