Jump to content
dfoster

Myth about our recruitment policy

Recommended Posts

I've seen lots of people- including Biggs endlessly on Twitter- going on about how DC has to change his recruitment policy. No more Abdis, Dave Jones' etc. Go for younger players who are hungry and will increase in value, good value Bosmans and the odd loan. 

 

Well - and no doubt there gonna be some I've missed here - since Carlos went we've signed;

 

Joey P, Onomah, Hector, Moses, Luongo, Borner, Harris, Iorfa, Windass, Wickham, Da Cruz 
 

Some really good signings in there. Total outlay less than 2m. Iorfa, Borner  Harris and Luongo would get good money. Hector was our player of the year. 

 

So when you actually look at it, rather than just regurgitating what some of the idiots rattle on about forever, DC clearly has changed for some time changed dramatically his transfer policy and there's plenty of cause for optimism this summer when Monk has the chance to reshape the squad 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are in transition and have been for a while. Ignore the simplistic thinkers. It's a myth about the same team being together for 5 years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't signed Windass or Wickham though have we. We didn't sign Hector either.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s our inability to flog anyone that’s a big problem 

 

(CC’s second year of disasters didn’t help though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest oz_owl
Just now, Justbeanz said:

We haven't signed Windass or Wickham though have we. We didn't sign Hector either.

 

Signing on loan is still signing them.  They can't play for us if they haven't signed, can they.  And it's not like you can't sign bad loan players (cough, Bothroyd, cough).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Justbeanz said:

We haven't signed Windass or Wickham though have we. We didn't sign Hector either.

 

Yes we have. We've signed them on loan. We havent bought them. This is an example of being prudent which is something DC is criticised for regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oz_owl said:

 

Signing on loan is still signing them.  They can't play for us if they haven't signed, can they.  And it's not like you can't sign bad loan players (cough, Bothroyd, cough).

Sticking plaster mentality though mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dfoster said:

 

Yes we have. We've signed them on loan. We havent bought them. This is an example of being prudent which is something DC is criticised for regardless

How does that engender stability though ? Players constantly coming in and out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every team loans players now. 

 

They're even paying loan fees for temporary players which takes this argument far down a mental cul-de-sac. 

Edited by Furious George

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

We haven't signed Windass or Wickham though have we. We didn't sign Hector either.


And Pessy, Onomah, Moses and possibly Harris haven’t really bought much positive to the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s our inability to flog anyone that’s a big problem 

 

(CC’s second year of disasters didn’t help though)

Then we need to go about it smarter, shorter contracts all round then players cant get to comfy with it all . Dont like.it dont sign it cya later I say .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he can't win then

3 minutes ago, Justbeanz said:

Sticking plaster mentality though mate.

 

He can't win then? In the days of FFP where we trying to correct first two yrs overspending DC simply MUST use the loan market. Only the major Prem sides don't loan players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dfoster said:

So he can't win then

 

He can't win then? In the days of FFP where we trying to correct first two yrs overspending DC simply MUST use the loan market. Only the major Prem sides don't loan players 

Then we should be asking questions of our scouting network and academy. Brentford seem to do just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, torres said:

It’s our inability to flog anyone that’s a big problem 

 

(CC’s second year of disasters didn’t help though)

That is a very fair point and has cost us millions- if we'd taken 12m for FF we'd be in a much better place 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also gone from Carlos and Jos to Bruce and Monk...another change in strategy

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The signings over last 18months have been spot on. 
 

The major issue why we are in the financial mess we are in is his refusal to sell players when they are on form and there is interest. In my opinion every player should be in the shop

window for the right price so that this can then be reinvested back into the squad. If that means selling our best player then so be it, we can use the money to go and get another few more prospects to invest in and sell on and so on 

 

This is the main downfall in Chansiri’s approach as well as signing the likes of Boyd, Abdi, Jones etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

 

Signing on loan is still signing them.  They can't play for us if they haven't signed, can they.  And it's not like you can't sign bad loan players (cough, Bothroyd, cough).

I’ll see your Bothroyd and raise you with Butterballs.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dfoster said:

I've seen lots of people- including Biggs endlessly on Twitter- going on about how DC has to change his recruitment policy. No more Abdis, Dave Jones' etc. Go for younger players who are hungry and will increase in value, good value Bosmans and the odd loan. 

 

Well - and no doubt there gonna be some I've missed here - since Carlos went we've signed;

 

Joey P, Onomah, Hector, Moses, Luongo, Borner, Harris, Iorfa, Windass, Wickham, Da Cruz 
 

Some really good signings in there. Total outlay less than 2m. Iorfa, Borner  Harris and Luongo would get good money. Hector was our player of the year. 

 

So when you actually look at it, rather than just regurgitating what some of the idiots rattle on about forever, DC clearly has changed for some time changed dramatically his transfer policy and there's plenty of cause for optimism this summer when Monk has the chance to reshape the squad 

Think you have a good point tbf, one that ive made a couple of times in other threads.  We don't seem to be buying expensive overpaid players.  The problem for most of us is not getting those who are overpaid and underperforming out of the door. 

 

Recruitment policy has undoubtedly changed but without cutting the wage bill as well it makes no difference to ffp and any new signings (no matter how little they cost) just add to the wage bill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2016/17 did us. Reckless spending and improved contracts for the play off team. 
 

2 or 3 more years until we make a recovery from that. I agree our recruitment has been better, but it will take time to undo the mistakes we made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Also gone from Carlos and Jos to Bruce and Monk...another change in strategy

 


Bruce was the man for us. The exact type of manager we needed to sort the playing side of the club out imo. Crap things turned out the way they did with him. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...