19 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I would have gone with hair products..............

Gentleman's hairpieces..

Bannan and Fletch are his best customers..

lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It is concerning that Monk has seemingly fell out with Hutchinson to the extent that he wasn't recalled to the squad yesterday despite the fact that Monk hammered the attitude and application of many of the team that played in midweek.   

After Wigan Monk used the line ‘There are some players who shouldn't be here at this club’

This wasn't necessarily referring solely to application on the field. It could equally be directed at matters off the field. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

After Wigan Monk used the line ‘There are some players who shouldn't be here at this club’

This wasn't necessarily referring solely to application on the field. It could equally be directed at matters off the field. 

True but he also said:

“I will always try to protect my players but I can’t defend that.

“We were five yards off the ball, we were going through the motions especially in that second half and it’s not acceptable.

“I’ve seen a lot this past month and it’s shown me a lot. Everyone has had an opportunity and a lot of things are clear in my mind.

“It’s been a few minutes after the game, I feel emotional and some of these words may be harsh but they are honest.”

That certainly refers directly to the performance on the field. 

22 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True but he also said:

“I will always try to protect my players but I can’t defend that.

“We were five yards off the ball, we were going through the motions especially in that second half and it’s not acceptable.

“I’ve seen a lot this past month and it’s shown me a lot. Everyone has had an opportunity and a lot of things are clear in my mind.

“It’s been a few minutes after the game, I feel emotional and some of these words may be harsh but they are honest.”

That certainly refers directly to the performance on the field. 

True ...  However Hutchinson clearly not involved yesterday for matters not relating to his performance on the field (as he was outstanding at QPR and didn’t feature against Wigan and yesterday Monk certainly didn’t pick Pelupessy ahead of him on football ability or recent performances)

1 minute ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

True ...  However Hutchinson clearly not involved yesterday for matters not relating to his performance on the field (as he was outstanding at QPR and didn’t feature against Wigan and yesterday Monk certainly didn’t pick Pelupessy ahead of him on football ability or recent performances)

I agree, which is why I said it is concerning that Monk was heavily critical of the attitude and application of his match day squad and has also had a disagreement with a player that could come into to improve the attitude and application they lacked without him. 

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A manager who could handle the big ego's and characters. A lot being said about Hutchinson and Westwood on here and it appears they have rubbed up two managers the wrong way. 

However, the majority of us were impressed with the appointment of Bruce and the job he was doing 2nd half of last season - he saw fit to make sure Westwood got a new contract and had Hutchinson involved.   

I completely agree with this 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Monk has seemingly fell out with Hutchinson

it could be the other way around if you get my drift 

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

it could be the other way around if you get my drift 

Entirely possible mate yes but I can't see Hutchinson being the type to refuse to play if picked so at a time when Monk has dug out other members of the team for a poor attitude the last thing we need is to have an alternative option unavailable due to a fall out. 

4 hours ago, should know better said:

I think Bannan is the main reason we can't close games out, he goes missing when the opposition puts pressure on us, we therefore end up effectively playing with ten men defensively against 11.

Anyone who attends matches and watches will see that Hutch makes more tackles and gets to his man quicker than Luongo or JP, and that Bannan just does not bother save the odd petulant pointless foul.     

Whoever plays midfield with Bannan will have to put a shift in over and above, whilst he cheats us. It is always the other midfielders fault instead of the common denominator BB.   

Don't know  what game u watching  Hutch is know where near  the player Luongo is now. Plus he rarely finishes games with his biscuit legs 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

This squad are nearly men. It needs a clear out at the end of the season. 

Moreover, Westwood has a major ego problem, FF is a petulant bellend and Hutch is a confrontational and aggressive individual. I bet all 3 are problematic to the group. All 3 need flushing out alongside with just about all out of contract players bar Fox. 

How can you know that all this is true? You might be right. On the other hand this week the team looked much better with Fessi on the pitch and v Blackburn we improved massively when Hutch came on. As fans we can only judge by the effort we see on the pitch. Everything else is just conjecture.

1 minute ago, davetherivelinowl said:

How can you know that all this is true? You might be right. On the other hand this week the team looked much better with Fessi on the pitch and v Blackburn we improved massively when Hutch came on. As fans we can only judge by the effort we see on the pitch. Everything else is just conjecture.

FF seems to have lost the respect of other players & just seems to be going through the motions.

straight down the tunnel & doesn’t celebrate goals these days

Have we decided whether he was jettisoned never to return, or just dropped for the game yet?

Just now, richowl said:

FF seems to have lost the respect of other players & just seems to be going through the motions.

straight down the tunnel & doesn’t celebrate goals these days

You know it was 0-0, right?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You know it was 0-0, right?

You seem to have missed/ignored ‘these days’

4 minutes ago, richowl said:

He’s hardly played all season though. 

6 minutes ago, richowl said:

Oh I sorry.

Forget yesterday.

You do realize that FF hasn’t been in the matchday squad since the end of November, right?

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s hardly played all season though. 

He’s hardly played for 2+years.

the FF that everyone loved hasn’t been round for yonks yet everyone  wants him in the side.

we should have cashed in after the Norwich game. He got his pay rise & bar a couple of glimpses he’s done nothing.

hopefully he’ll be part of the much needed squad overhaul in the summer.

8 minutes ago, richowl said:

He’s hardly played for 2+years.

the FF that everyone loved hasn’t been round for yonks yet everyone  wants him in the side.

we should have cashed in after the Norwich game. He got his pay rise & bar a couple of glimpses he’s done nothing.

hopefully he’ll be part of the much needed squad overhaul in the summer.

Completely agree. I do think we’d do very well to find a player as good as 2015/16 FF though. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Completely agree. I do think we’d do very well to find a player as good as 2015/16 FF though. 

If only.

was easily worth 10-15m in today’s market.

thats when teams like Brentford,Bristol etc sell them on for huge profit & find another gem.

the sooner we follow the same model the better.