6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately Rhodes has another 18 months left on his contract I believe.

Does he?? Any source .. available source transfer market says not? 

33 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Plenty of room in it.

:duntmatter:

flippinglocks rusted up be lucky to get it open. :image:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dowls said:

Clear out is coming .. it’s time for the old guard to leave ..

In the summer we’re about to shed another 9 million (??) off the wage bill at least ( ignoring bonuses and employer contributions)

Joey (8k), Hutch (20k), Winnall (16k), Rhodes (30k) Nando (33k), Lee (20k), Fletch (33k), Atdhe (16k) 

Monk need his players his culture to be fully judge .. but he’s not totally blameless for recent performances ... 

I don't know exactly what there on apart from 1-2  .all are about right except k lee aint on much even in his prime for some reason he was only on about 15k (must have had a bad agent) since he was out 18months im pretty sure his 1 year deal will be pretty nominal 6-7k a week . im fairly certain Rhodes is here next season 2  and he took a big wage cut coming here but im sure he is on around 40k a week . it was reported he was on 60k a week at boro ,how true that is no1 knows. 

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Hutchinson should be playing RB

maybe he was asked to play there and he kicked off cause of it , it will come out in the wash by end of week if dom has his nose near monk at the pre Barnsley press conference . 

Think people watch Hutchinson through Rose tinted glasses.. Most of time he is a liability. Throws himself into tackles and injures himself. Gives far  too many free kicks away on edge of our box. And he is the main culprit for our inability to close games out with just kicking ball anywhere! 

1 hour ago, dowls said:

Does he?? Any source .. available source transfer market says not? 

Yes, I know transfer market says it runs out this summer, it isn't always correct. I don't have another source & will stand to be corrected. In fact I'll be pleased to be corrected as that will mean he's gone in the summer. I've always been under the impression he signed a four year contract in July 2017 when his loan became permanent. Given the financial outlay I'd be surprised if we only gave him a 3 year contract.

As I say I'll be more than pleased to be corrected.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Yes, I know transfer market says it runs out this summer, it isn't always correct. I don't have another source & will stand to be corrected. In fact I'll be pleased to be corrected as that will mean he's gone in the summer. I've always been under the impression he signed a four year contract in July 2017 when his loan became permanent. Given the financial outlay I'd be surprised if we only gave him a 3 year contract.

As I say I'll be more than pleased to be corrected.

This keeps coming up.

Rhodes is definitely signed up until the summer 2021.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not speculation tho is it....you don’t get dumped completely out of the 23 because everything’s rosey, do you? 

Some of the stuff posted about the situation is speculation, yeah.

11 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Think people watch Hutchinson through Rose tinted glasses.. Most of time he is a liability. Throws himself into tackles and injures himself. Gives far  too many free kicks away on edge of our box. And he is the main culprit for our inability to close games out with just kicking ball anywhere! 

I think Bannan is the main reason we can't close games out, he goes missing when the opposition puts pressure on us, we therefore end up effectively playing with ten men defensively against 11.

Anyone who attends matches and watches will see that Hutch makes more tackles and gets to his man quicker than Luongo or JP, and that Bannan just does not bother save the odd petulant pointless foul.     

Whoever plays midfield with Bannan will have to put a shift in over and above, whilst he cheats us. It is always the other midfielders fault instead of the common denominator BB.   

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Some of the stuff posted about the situation is speculation, yeah.

Speculating on what’s caused it yes, but there’s clearly been a fallout. If it was tactical he’d be on the bench 

• Thanks 1

At least he’s honest and not trying coat over which jos did and was never honest.

hopefully luongo is due back. The manager managers the team not the players, another indication that our squad needs an overhaul. 

I like Hutch but as a player he is again too inconsistent in the way he plays the role.

Monk doesn’t know when he plays him whether he is going to be dropping deep or trying to push us forward. 

I am pretty sure Monk tells him not to drop too deep as it completely ruins our forward momentum but all he can do if he continues to do it is leave him out.

If they have fallen out I would suspect it’s more about Hutch doing what he wants on the pitch rather than doing what he has been told to do.

He needs to watch how Woods played the role yesterday 

18 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

Jos lost his mind.

But I think  there was a lot going on that we don't see.

What a shame we lost Steve Bruce. 

A manager who could handle the big ego's and characters. A lot being said about Hutchinson and Westwood on here and it appears they have rubbed up two managers the wrong way. 

However, the majority of us were impressed with the appointment of Bruce and the job he was doing 2nd half of last season - he saw fit to make sure Westwood got a new contract and had Hutchinson involved.   

1 hour ago, cowl said:

This keeps coming up.

Rhodes is definitely signed up until the summer 2021.

As you say it keeps coming up but I still haven't seen any source to prove either way, apart from something Doom once reported and he's noted for unreliable info lol

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The holding player needs to do more than just protect the back four. Look at Ryan Woods yesterday. Kept things ticking, always looking for a forward pass and always available in the right areas. 

Admittedly I don’t think Woods had his best game yesterday compared to when he’s come to H’boro before, but he is the type you need in a holding role. Hutch and Joey far too negative. If you’re going to play a 4-4-2 at this level you need more than someone who’s job is just to protect your centre backs. 

Ryan Woods is a decent player but not sure what you have seen from him in his games at Hillsborough as I don't think he has been on the winning side against us very often so not exactly effective even if he does get on the ball more and look positive. 

Lots of people still mentioning Hutch’s injury record...which is nothing but proof of their agenda.

18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ryan Woods is a decent player but not sure what you have seen from him in his games at Hillsborough as I don't think he has been on the winning side against us very often so not exactly effective even if he does get on the ball more and look positive. 

Seem to remember him putting in a quality performance for Brentford a few years back. Can’t remember the score. Also was superb last season against Stoke, drew 2-2. 

19 hours ago, MA55 IVE said:

Hutchinson left the training ground very early this morning before any of the players arrived with a suitcase. 

Travelling salesman...

lol

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Seem to remember him putting in a quality performance for Brentford a few years back. Can’t remember the score. Also was superb last season against Stoke, drew 2-2. 

But not effective enough to get positive results against our midfield regularly then? He may look the part but is now playing for Millwall while the club he made his name at are improving without him. 

For what it is worth I agree with you that if we play 2 in midfield long-term we need someone who offers more of an all-round game than Hutchinson. I think he could still be a useful player for us in a midfield 3 this season or even at the back if needed. The last two games have shown how little Pelupessy offer for all his effort and we really need Luongo fit.

It is concerning that Monk has seemingly fell out with Hutchinson to the extent that he wasn't recalled to the squad yesterday despite the fact that Monk hammered the attitude and application of many of the team that played in midweek.