13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

When he wasn't recovering from an injury.

When was that ?

3 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Welcome your opinion but for me unless we replace our better players we are in serious trouble. For me fox is a league 1 player at absolute best and that takes into account his improvement

Agree 100% with replacing better players, and certainly won’t be easy to find someone as good as the 2015/16 version of Forestieri.

I think you are being harsh on Fox, who I would now regard as a decent Championship player, having shown consistency and strength of character this season.  As you say, it’s all about opinions.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

When was that ?

A long time ago. But so what. Is a player not allowed to get injured. When you are kicked around as much as Fernando is he will get injured. He possibly wasn't allowed a full recovery by previous managers.

He has energy , enthusiasm and more skill than many in the squad.

Never have understood the negativity towards him.

It still wrangles people over Norwichgate.

Get over it and give our most skilful player the support we need him to have. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, A12owl said:

A long time ago. But so what. Is a player not allowed to get injured. When you are kicked around as much as Fernando is he will get injured. He possibly wasn't allowed a full recovery by previous managers.

He has energy , enthusiasm and more skill than many in the squad.

Never have understood the negativity towards him.

It still wrangles people over Norwichgate.

Get over it and give our most skilful player the support we need him to have. 

So do you think he is worth a new contact? 

7 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Personally no, not with his injury record. 

• Agree 1

After all these years...he’s still our best player

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

But offering Fox a contract (who was disgraceful for 2 years) makes perfect sense....sign fox lose FF welcome to league 1 swfc

You have a point.

As soon as he comes on he makes an impact. Mainly because he actually moves off the ball.

Literally lost count of all the throw ins today where our players just stand there thinking their markers are just gonna get bored and bloody move on. 

Edited by Woodyowl450
  • Agree 5

One of the things that really gets to me about this team is that they’re so static and play with the tempo of an asthmatic snail. As soon as FF came onto the pitch today he instantly brought more urgency. More movement. More desire.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Definately. Skill like Fernando has cannot be bought cheaply. He has suffered from Owlstalkpersecution which  is not deserved in my opinion. The most skilful player on our books.

5 hours ago, crookesowl said:

So good to have him playing again. 

I think his performance today just shows all this negativity toward him is based in pure myth. 

He offers so much more than anyone else we have right now. 

Welcome back Fernando!

Fully agree with you but be careful what you say cos, according to some, he is one of the clique that causes all the problems at Hillsborough and we need to get rid. 

15 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Fully agree with you but be careful what you say cos, according to some, he is one of the clique that causes all the problems at Hillsborough and we need to get rid. 

I’ll hold my hands up I’ve given him some stick ,  recently though I suspect I’ve been completely wrong to the point he may even be on the complete opposite side of the ‘clique’ 

What we need from Forestieri now is him to step up, take some responsibility and carry the team upfront in Fletchers absence , don’t like to be a one man team but when Fletchers been fit this season he’s been the main man and we have struggled beyond comprehension without him 

Forestieri's done nothing for us the last two years.

*Except be injured and banned.

Welcome back, Fernando.

The entire team lifted in spirit, tempo and upped their game when he came on.

• Agree 1

It’s true today is a cameo. He has to push on and influence results. 

But, if he keeps today’s standard up, he will not only influence results but also provide that thing we are so missing... entertainment! 

• Agree 1

He will never get back to the consistency he showed here in the first season. 
Don’t get me wrong he was good when he came on today but another injury or niggle is just round the corner and he will be missing for weeks again. Like a broken record. 

• Confused 1

He probably still is our best player on ability (not that it’s too difficult to achieve that ) , but he’s done naff all for years. Anybody wanting to give him a new contract is sniffing glue . It’s that kind of stupidity that got us in this mess. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

He will never get back to the consistency he showed here in the first season. 
Don’t get me wrong he was good when he came on today but another injury or niggle is just round the corner and he will be missing for weeks again. Like a broken record. 

You don’t know that. It’s probable based on his recent past, but you don’t know that for sure. 

Yes great he’s back for a few cameo appearances, only to disappear again with some unexplained reason/injury 

I love watching FF. absolutely echelons above any of our other attacking players 

It’s just a shame we can’t trust him to be available on a regular basis.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

You don’t know that. It’s probable based on his recent past, but you don’t know that for sure. 

We will see. Of course I hope I am wrong but the last couple of years have shown me we can’t rely on him. Maybe he will manage to stay involved with his contract coming to an end...