Monk pleased with the performance!

37 minutes ago, torres said:

We looked solid and committed (til last minute) 

Better than it has been against a form opponent 

Not sure what people expect with near enough the same players 

Yes, agreed - at the end of the day, I was happy to take a point off a team that has been on a good run recently.

No lack of effort, but there is a distinct lack of quality and few, if any, players look comfortable on the ball. Confidence seems desperately low, not surprisingly

1 hour ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

Need I say more?

Are you saying that wasn't a better performance than Wigan and Blackburn?

I think it was. At least there was a bit of fight in them today and I think that was what Monk was talking about.

They were still poor, but some effort was put in.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Did he really say that?

No. Said he was pleased with the clean sheet, the point and the energy FF and Da Cruz provided. Pleased with the attitude and commitment but lots to work on, especially in final third. I think he's spot on. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Effort was there

Performance certainly wasn't 

Maybe in the next match we can try Performance with no effort. Then after that we can try Performance with effort. 

We’ve tried no Performance with no effort.... one of them of them has got to work.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, akbuk said:

No he didn't it's easy to take a quote from a sentence and use it to have a go 

Without wanting to sound pedantic he said exactly that. Yes it was clearly in comparison to the most recent Blackburn game, we didn’t lose, we kept a clean sheet, a draw as opposed to a complete humiliation.

However, if he is not happy with the performance then don’t say so. To be frank that performance was still the word that rhymes with bank. 

This is the edited version, Radio Sheffield interviewed him, they joked about him not having his earphones on correctly then he came out with his pearler that he was happy with the performance.

I have nothing against Monk, he has inherited an ageing team who have gone backwards since 2016. Not his fault.

I think I must be getting old, in my day an Atkinson or Man Utd’s Ferguson would have hit the roof over these performances. It may have been a kick up the arris for some, others would sulk, some would go into their shell. 

I just hope we can come out of this rut, it’s worrying, anyway off for a pint, bon soir.

I just wonder what Monks style of play and football philosophy are? I was always led to believe his teams tried to play football so why are we continually smashing long balls from front to back? Today Millwall was land of the giants and we persist in launching long balls to Nuhiu who struggles to dominate even average sized centre backs in the air. Is it the personnel that he feels can’t play any other way?
It’s just strange that you can’t seem to identify a blueprint of how he wants us to attack teams when usually a new manager likes to stamp his own mark on a team. Suppose he needs a couple of windows to truly make this his team by I must admit I am concerned with our apparent lack of tactical set up.

Edited by swfc1983