Jump to content

Recommended Posts

                      Dawson

Palmer.    Lorfa.  Borner.       Fox

 

            Luonago   Bannan

 

Cruz.             Windass.         FF

 

                   Wickham

 

Would love to see this, don't think Monk would go for it unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go with that maybe go swap windass and da Cruz around but I’m saying that with blind perception 

 

you just know there will be something holding us back 

 

we should go to make a statement at Barnsley they are there for the taking big week in the training ground for those forwards 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, deano said:

                      Dawson

Palmer.    Lorfa.  Borner.       Fox

 

            Luonago   Bannan

 

Cruz.             Windass.         FF

 

                   Wickham

 

Would love to see this, don't think Monk would go for it unfortunately. 

Dont mind that, but strange as it seems Bannan is the weak link for me. I dont think he's positionally disciplined enough and asks too much of Luongo to cover his defensive duties. Needs a DM in there. Hutchinson, for example.

 

That is if were assuming the front 4 are tasked with going forward and not covering the gaps in midfield. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, deano said:

                      Dawson

Palmer.    Lorfa.  Borner.       Fox

 

            Luonago   Bannan

 

Cruz.             Windass.         FF

 

                   Wickham

 

Would love to see this, don't think Monk would go for it unfortunately. 

Monk won't play that, he'll spend all week telling anybody who will listen that Barnsley are a great side, in a false position, Cruz and FF will be on the bench, Quagmire will start and it will be Stoke and Wigan away part 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, striker said:

Dont mind that, but strange as it seems Bannan is the weak link for me. I dont think he's positionally disciplined enough and asks too much of Luongo to cover his defensive duties. Needs a DM in there. Hutchinson, for example.

 

That is if were assuming the front 4 are tasked with going forward and not covering the gaps in midfield. 

I accept an element of getting the best players into a formation but if you get players in correct position on the pitch then it can work. 

 

For me Bannan is not a weak link, he's one of our best players. 

 

We just need to find the right set up now we have made the recent additions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson

 

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

 

Windass Luongo Bannan

 

Da Cruz Wickham Forestieri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bannan is in shocking form, I’d stick him on the bench

 

                                 Dawson

 

Palmer.           Iorfa.             Lees.           Odobajo

 

Murphy.          Windass.        Hutch.        Reach 

 

                      Wickham.         FF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

Monk won't play that, he'll spend all week telling anybody who will listen that Barnsley are a great side, in a false position, Cruz and FF will be on the bench, Quagmire will start and it will be Stoke and Wigan away part 3.

Monk gets the benefit of my doubt at the minute, however with recent additions that won't last long if we continue as we are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deano said:

I accept an element of getting the best players into a formation but if you get players in correct position on the pitch then it can work. 

 

For me Bannan is not a weak link, he's one of our best players. 

 

We just need to find the right set up now we have made the recent additions. 

Dont get me wrong, I think Bannan is a good player, but not a DM. question is do we adjust the team to accomodate Bannan? 

 

Some of our better performances this season have been without him, it is possible.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, striker said:

Dont get me wrong, I think Bannan is a good player, but not a DM. question is do we adjust the team to accomodate Bannan? 

 

Some of our better performances this season have been without him, it is possible.

He's certainly not irreplaceable but he plays deep anyway, if that is where he wants to operate he has to accept the defensive responsibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a chance for monk to show his intent , if we go with 1 up top and it’s nuihu I’ll probably go back to the pub 

 

Dawson

 

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

 

Bannan

Luongo

 

Da Cruz

Windass

Harris

 

Wickham

 

I think however monk will play Wickham with reach Harris and Murphy behind them which isn’t what we need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, deano said:

                      Dawson

Palmer.    Lorfa.  Borner.       Fox

 

            Luonago   Bannan

 

Cruz.             Windass.         FF

 

                   Wickham

 

Would love to see this, don't think Monk would go for it unfortunately. 

That does look decent tbf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

It’s a chance for monk to show his intent , if we go with 1 up top and it’s nuihu I’ll probably go back to the pub 

 

Dawson

 

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

 

Bannan

Luongo

 

Da Cruz

Windass

Harris

 

Wickham

 

I think however monk will play Wickham with reach Harris and Murphy behind them which isn’t what we need

 

This would be my team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deano said:

                      Dawson

Palmer.    Lorfa.  Borner.       Fox

 

            Luonago   Bannan

 

Cruz.             Windass.         FF

 

                   Wickham

 

Would love to see this, don't think Monk would go for it unfortunately. 

Nearly Hutchinson for Bannan 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson

 

Palmer Iorfa Borner Fox

 

Hutchinson (c) Luongo

 

Windass Da Cruz Forestieri 

 

Wickham

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Nearly Hutchinson for Bannan 

Bannan has to play for me, need some one to supply with the vision to pick a pass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson

 

Palmer

Iorfa

Borner

Fox

 

Bannan

Luongo


Harris

Windass

Forestieri

 

Wickham


 

Subs: Wildsmith, Odubajo, Lees, Reach, Murphy, Da Cruz, Nuhiu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that most people agree 4231 best fits our best 11, or so it would seem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                             Dawson

               Palmer, Borner, Lorfa, Fox

            Windass,   Luongo, Bannan, FF

                            Da Cruz,

                            Wickham 

 

Although I also think Reach deserves a place after today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bannan has a bit of movement ahead of him then I reckon we’ll see his worth to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...