Forestieri and da cruz

7 minutes ago, Rogers said:

FF is either in the shop window or playing for a contract.  

JJ always turned in a few good performances before his contract expired.

FF is the new JJ

Maybe,maybe not.

FF has had plenty of patches where he comes good for a period and it looks like he has got his mojo back. It usually doesn't last long because of a ban, injury or because something upsets him. It could just be that he's glad to be on the pitch again or as you say he's playing for a contract here or elsewhere. If he is playing for a contract maybe he can get us back in to contention for the play offs. Him on form and the 3 new arrivals playing well could be the spark we need.

Da Cruz looked taller than I expected, would like to see him partner Wickham next week.

I’d go back to Murphy and Reach on the wings to make sure we get some quality delivery, and I’d have FF off the bench whilst he gets up to speed.

If Luongo is still nursing a broken nail then I’d have Windass in alongside Bannan.

My guess is Monk will be more fearful of a strong Barnsley side and therefore try to ensure the we need to nullify their ample attacking capabilities - so we’ll see 5 in the middle, with the hapless JP again featuring - and Wickham upfront by himself and dealing with 80 yard howitzers from Dawson 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Signing players isn't like nipping out for a bottle of milk though is it. 

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

It is out here mate...

I have to get up at six, wade through a field of aggressive nettles, hurdle a tiny swamp full of mosquito's, try and bribe the local rabid stray dog with whatever left overs from the previous nite..... and that's all before I have to fight off the shop assistant "toothless Stoyanka" for a morning kiss.

It's no picnic, let me tell thee.

You see

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

These 2 and Iorfa where more or less the only positives today. Would love them and Wickham to start against Barnsley. Maybe even fit Windass in as well. 

I suppose it all goes on how they train, and gel with the team but we certainly can’t get much more ineffective, Barnsley are weak, they won’t be able to train for those changes are thread bear at back 

I’d really throw them all in my guess is Fessi ( fitness ) and windass ( two many changes which I don’t agree with it just change it ) will start on the bench 

with Harris and either Murphy or reach playing in the wider position to be honest it’s more than enough with the other two coming off the bench to finish Barnsley off 

if I see a winnal rhodes or nuihiu start I’d be dissapointed 

FF made a positive difference when he came on, brings an energy and drive and some of the little touches shows his quality - the issue is his injury record and attitude at times. I would love a fit FF in the team.

Da Cruz looked quick and full of trickery and judging by his past has a bit of an edge to his play.

2 positives in a fairly bland game, add W + W to the mix and we may still have an outside chance at top 6?

10 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Da Cruz looked taller than I expected, would like to see him partner Wickham next week.

I’d go back to Murphy and Reach on the wings to make sure we get some quality delivery, and I’d have FF off the bench whilst he gets up to speed.

If Luongo is still nursing a broken nail then I’d have Windass in alongside Bannan.

My guess is Monk will be more fearful of a strong Barnsley side and therefore try to ensure the we need to nullify their ample attacking capabilities - so we’ll see 5 in the middle, with the hapless JP again featuring - and Wickham upfront by himself and dealing with 80 yard howitzers from Dawson 

My thoughts exactly, I reckon he will only start Wickham and bench the rest , da Cruz looked lively and should play up top

we should go either 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2

It's more noticeable when you see a young lad like Da Cruz moving, how lacking in pace we've been up front. Of course he was only on for a small part of the game and he may not be able to sustain it over 90 minutes, but he looked much more of a threat today than several of our other strikers have provided recently.

42 minutes ago, vulva said:

If the club fall for the FF ‘i’ve played really well and done a few heart signs to the crowd routine to get a new contract’ they won’t be getting my season ticket money to fund said contract. 

FF won’t be signing a new contract regardless of what he does now until the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

FF won’t be signing a new contract regardless of what he does now until the end of the season. 

Hope so. Another pain in the arse that has stripped us of millions for very little return.