Forestieri and da cruz

57 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Not sure I've ever seen a team that dived more than Millwall today, embarrassing, not helped when the ref buys every one. That one late on where the centreback threw himself at Nuhiu and then onto the floor and the ref bought it was utterly shameful.

This 100%, hate it when players just collapse under any contact..... blatant cheating

46 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

7 points off the play offs now. We have blown our chance. 

That’s a bit of a naive thing to say in this division is it not,  accept things are great , but come on ... few wins and be back in mix with crazy results this division chucks up , everyone’s a bit inconsistent 

Personally don’t think we’ll

make top 6, but even still my point remains 

13 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Admittedly our recruitments been poor over the last few years but do you not think 30k a week over the last 3 years could have been better spent?

Also he’s been out all season apart from 15 minutes against Swansea and 30 against charlton not just the last two months.

He's played in 7 other games.

We haven't had value in the last couple of years through injury and suspension, but I'd say £30k pw on FF is better value than £48k pw on Rhodes and Winnall... 

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He's played in 7 other games.

We haven't had value in the last couple of years through injury and suspension, but I'd say £30k pw on FF is better value than £48k pw on Rhodes and Winnall... 

He played against qpr which I missed but I’m pretty sure he’s not played 7 other games.

Comparing him to Rhodes who is financially our worst signing that I can think of (certainly in the last 15 years) and winnall who has had a major ligament injury shows just how low you have to get before you find anyone who is worse value.

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

Not been today I had a meeting I couldn’t swerve but I caught the second half on I player 

how these guys play they actually sounded really lively which bodes well da Cruz just settling in FF coming back to fitness and windass and wickham to come in 

are we going to be ok to push for a playoff? 

I really rate millwall as a team I though they could have bullied us today 

Just said in another thread, i actually thought that physically we did an ok job today for the most part. Half of their lot are absolute clogbeasts, and don't mind letting you know it.

It's about all we did especially well, but I was pleased to see it. We'd have lost if we let them out-muscle us, and fair play we didn't.

Edited by Mr. Tom

37 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Just said in another thread, i actually thought that physically we did an ok job today for the most part. Half of their lot are absolute clogbeasts, and don't mind letting you know it.

It's about all we did especially well, but I was pleased to see it. We'd have lost if we let them out-muscle us, and fair play we didn't.

As said to my father other day we will get bullied out of it today. We lack too much fight and bottle to match them I’d give it 30 minutes before we start rolling over

happy to be proved wrong onwards and upwards 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
56 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Signing players isn't like nipping out for a bottle of milk though is it. 

It is out here mate...

I have to get up at six, wade through a field of aggressive nettles, hurdle a tiny swamp full of mosquito's, try and bribe the local rabid stray dog with whatever left overs from the previous nite..... and that's all before I have to fight off the shop assistant "toothless Stoyanka" for a morning kiss.

It's no picnic, let me tell thee.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

I thought virtually every header their centre half and centre forward competed for was a foul one way or the other. Two really physical players, especiall Smith the number 10.  

5 minutes ago, Nut said:

I thought virtually every header their centre half and centre forward competed for was a foul one way or the other. Two really physical players, especiall Smith the number 10.  

yeah, limbs all over the shop every time, from us or them. Loads of backing in and shoving. Scrappy as heck

Edited by Mr. Tom

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

This 100%, hate it when players just collapse under any contact..... blatant cheating

Did anyone see? I think it was Jed Wallace elbow Harris? In the midriff (I think he elbowed him great actor) then fall down forward in a heap! Again great actor.

Not seen owt like that for years .

Unbelievable .comedy really cheating

4 hours ago, prowl said:

FF looked like he'd got his desire back again. Considering he's not fully fit he had a good game.

New lad looked good. Quick, lively and has awareness.

FF is either in the shop window or playing for a contract.  

JJ always turned in a few good performances before his contract expired.

FF is the new JJ

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

FF and Da Cruz were looking very friendly after the whistle, looked like they were discussing the chances etc in a positive manner I reckon. 

Da Cruz looked to get forward every time he had the ball. He made decent runs which worried their defenders. Hopefully he'll get up to speed quickly and improve on a steady debut. 

2 players who are probably on a completely different wavelength to the others.

4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

They are our best hope, if Monk releases the shackles Just hope his fixation with wingers is well and truly over

“Release the shackles”

In bullshit bingo that’s everything.