I feel like DC is trying...

LIterally WTF?

We are still in with a shout this season.

Wickham is a good January signing.

The other two aren't bad either.

Why give up now = we still have to get our arse into gear in the summer either way.

Too many bloody defeatists these days.

UTO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I feel like DC is trying... the same things that have got us in a mess before. 

Feel it really is now or never this season for him. If that is indeed the plan, we haven't gone big enough in this window. 

How would you have approached it if you had to make the decision? Genuine question... Just interested to know the range feeling given where we are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

LIterally WTF?

Why give up now = we still have to get our arse into gear in the summer either way.

UTO

I’m not one of them - I approach it as how do we achieve the most within the financial constraints and honest about where we are this season. As I say, good to see he has gone for it but I do appreciate what it might mean down the road - something that the negs seem to ignore until it doesn’t work out and then it’s all DCs fault

Edited by We are all Wednesday

23 minutes ago, We are all Wednesday said:

...given the signings in this window. Will the fans be happy with this or will they be saying we can’t afford it?! We can’t have it both ways.

I would have saved the money and put what we can spend to squad rebuilding in pre-season but still good to see giving it a go and helping Monk.

I sort of understand where you are coming from but given the complete dross we have offered up at home since Fletcher got injured it was vital we got someone in up top.  

Would have been nice to be able to offset the signings with some players leaving but we can only get rid if others are willing to take them and based on what the ones we don't want have offered up lately, that was unlikely to happen.

Edited by Guest

21 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

LIterally WTF?

UTO

I prefer the term realist.

It's a unique quality that most of our fan base lack, it allows me to look at things without my blue and white specs, it even allows me to ask such questions as "how the feck have we ended up in this mess" and come up with very plausible answers like we have an inept owner, all without feeling guilty that I may have mislaid my SWFC support.

Monk confirmed today that Cruz was his signing. He also said he was hoping for 2 more that were available and doable which suggests all 3 are what he asked for.

Thats a chairman backing his manager and I’m happy we’ve maintained an approach to recruitment we adopted when Bruce came in.

To me that’s evidence he’s learning and should be applauded. I’d have been very angry if we went back to advisors seeking targets and the manager having to work with what he’s given.

Maintain this in the summer, move some on and allow Monk to bring sone of his own staff in and I’ll be even more impressed