Post Transfer Deadline Comments

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

To be fair, Carlos said exactly the same, even about Rhodes, when it was abundantly clear he never wanted him

the thing is I said it was a mistake at the time I knew what kind of mega money he was on and the fee involved meant it would be costing the club 17 million in fee/wages . will have to disagree regards carlos I know,you know everyone knows the way Rhodes scored goals in the past and in no way would fit into a carlos style of football slow build up etc . do you think a bruce/monk/wilder would have signed Rhodes when he couldn't possibly fit into the style the team played, if carlos cared about the club he would have said don't sign him instead we have ended up in embargos ,and going to receive a record points deduction(unless our lawyers can stop it) and been left in a shambles on and off the pitch. carlos isn't 100% the reason of our troubles but a big part of it . like I say just listen to monk and what he said and listen to wilder etc and you will understand more that its a managers job to do the correct thing regards signings. 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

the thing is I said it was a mistake at the time I knew what kind of mega money he was on and the fee involved meant it would be costing the club 17 million in fee/wages . will have to disagree regards carlos I know,you know everyone knows the way Rhodes scored goals in the past and in no way would fit into a carlos style of football slow build up etc . do you think a bruce/monk/wilder would have signed Rhodes when he couldn't possibly fit into the style the team played, if carlos cared about the club he would have said don't sign him instead we have ended up in embargos ,and going to receive a record points deduction(unless our lawyers can stop it) and been left in a shambles on and off the pitch. carlos isn't 100% the reason of our troubles but a big part of it . like I say just listen to monk and what he said and listen to wilder etc and you will understand more that its a managers job to do the correct thing regards signings. 

Well I don’t know what went on behind the scenes, but Carlos probably sees himself as a coach, and will be used to having to work with whatever the recruitment team brought in That was also what Chansiri wanted. Let’s not forget, he managed two play off positions with all those misfit players

Wickham.    We have seen his qualities before, hope we don't try to use him as a battering ram as it will be a waste of a very good player. Think the player himself really wanted to come here rather than just being shipped to the highest bidder, this counts for a lot.

Windass.   The bits I have seen of him he has always looked decent, a lot depends on his attitude. At the age where if he is going to be a success now is the time.

The lad from Italy, a gamble but thankfully not an expensive one.

Wish we had got another player in midfield with Hutch and Luongo both regularly picking up knocks, that just leaves Pelupessy as a battler in midfield and Bannan and Pelupessy in midfield is just not strong enough.

As for the players going out, once again no one has taken any of our out of favour players, other clubs seem to be able to move their players on but we can't. Feel it is something that DC needs to review.

1 minute ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Wickham.    We have seen his qualities before, hope we don't try to use him as a battering ram as it will be a waste of a very good player. Think the player himself really wanted to come here rather than just being shipped to the highest bidder, this counts for a lot.

Windass.   The bits I have seen of him he has always looked decent, a lot depends on his attitude. At the age where if he is going to be a success now is the time.

Wish we had got another player in midfield with Hutch and Luongo both regularly picking up knocks, that just leaves Pelupessy as a battler in midfield and Bannan and Pelupessy in midfield is just not strong enough.

As for the players going out, once again no one has taken any of our out of favour players, other clubs seem to be able to move their players on but we can't. Feel it is something that DC needs to review.

Re players going out, yes we do need to review that. There will be issues with some players, as far as prohibitive wages are concerned, but that doesn’t explain why we can’t get some of the youngsters out Playing lower league games would benefit a few of them, that’s for sure

3 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Two points - given the fact that th-e loan deals were agreed at the last minute, just imagine a situation had the loans NOT happened. had we shipped out Rhodes, Winnall and some of the others mentioned,  who would have played?

Secondly - it's not just a question of 'ship 'em out'. These are people, believe it or not, , who have their own agreements with the club. For them to go, they have to agree, and more important, SOMEONE HAS TO WANT THEM. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

you should listen to the monk interview yesterday it gave an incite into signings and without naming the players who wont play for us again. monk don't just players out of a hat like carlos pretty much did ,he says he has monitored cruz knows about his attitude/work ethic and sent our scouts to watch him ( wilder does the same thing at the stain looks at a players attributes ,will they fit in, work in style they play/system) im sure that wickham and windass will be same , we are going to need 2-3 years before the club is properly right on and off the pitch ,the damage done by carlos signing players blind without doing the full checks like what monk has done and bruce would also do . lets give monk a chance its not about todays game let him have chance to put things right on pitch and a full summer to get his own players in , if by next xmas we aint top 10 then he will be judged on that . the carlos lovers do one. 

monk has suffered from a pisspoor squad, once fletcher was out anybody who knew owt about football knew we would badly struggle, and the bubble has burst, no doubt.

but it has been plain to see that there's a body of people who were just out waiting for monk to fail to prove that 'their'

passing the ball along our backline all day will win us the world club championship for years running.

****ing about with all day has been a proven sh*tter, not only for us, but the dings and 'boro against us also IF further proof was needed.

watford leathered afcb on motd the other week because afcb were ****ing about on the ball in their first quarter, it's 'the emperor's new clothes' in football terms, fool's gold.

we need to support the club, the team, and monk as he tries to rebuild from the disastrous mess left that was supposed to be a championship squad, he needs time, and NOT backstabbers.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Agree with you in the midfield reinforcement comment

Noticed David Davis moved from Birmingham to Charlton on loan late last night. Monk would have known him and I thought he might have been the type of player which might have done a job short term, certainly much better than Pelupessy 

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

A loanee who can’t get in Wigan’s side and a notorious crock...can’t say I’m overwhelmed, but I suppose we were desperate for new blood 

Goal scoring record for both of them - 368 games, 81 goals, average about 9 per season. Still Connor scored 8 in 11 games when last here.

5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

monk has suffered from a pisspoor squad, once fletcher was out anybody who knew owt about football knew we would badly struggle, and the bubble has burst, no doubt.

but it has been plain to see that there's a body of people who were just out waiting for monk to fail to prove that 'their'

passing the ball along our backline all day will win us the world club championship for years running.

****ing about with all day has been a proven sh*tter, not only for us, but the dings and 'boro against us also IF further proof was needed.

watford leathered afcb on motd the other week because afcb were ****ing about on the ball in their first quarter, it's 'the emperor's new clothes' in football terms, fool's gold.

we need to support the club, the team, and monk as he tries to rebuild from the disastrous mess left that was supposed to be a championship squad, he needs time, and NOT backstabbers.

Can’t agree with the bit about Monk having a poor squad, an unbalanced squad, yes maybe Now he’s been able to address that, I would say he has the best squad of any manager, since Chansiri’s arrival Most of the deadwood has gone, and really only Joao, would still be useful. 

To honest I don't know as I don't really follow other players unless they play for us. But we always go on 'reports say' 'their fans say'. For me we judge him on performances for us. If he turns out to be a Bothroyd time signing, then we slaughter him Owlstalk style!

lol

Can’t agree with the bit about Monk having a poor squad, an unbalanced squad, yes maybe Now he’s been able to address that, I would say he has the best squad of any manager, since Chansiri’s arrival Most of the deadwood has gone, and really only Joao, would still be useful. 

IF you can't see that our forward line is shyte without fletcher, or a 15 minute 'burst' from nuhiu at the end of a game, then I don't know who you're watching.

whose this 'most of the deadwood has gone'?

37 minutes ago, Animis said:

I expect the loans are a view to a permanent signing in the Summer. If so, Wickham would fetch roughly the same as Rhodes did - maybe a bit more, as he's under contract until 2021. He's 27 next month and a 3-yr deal in the Summer might be his last peak deal. He must have thought about his future and whether it's inevitable he'll have to drop down  a division, and if so which club he'd like to be at - the desire to come to us and answered that last part so it's whether we could afford him in the Summer

This will dependent on whether we are under any embargo with the EFL, and how much cash we are expected to free up.

Signing Wickham on a transfer with a sizeable salary will take up probably a fair % of the cash available to keep us within P&S moving forward. We will no doubt see if this is worth it over the next three months.

Windass is different, as this is the type of player I expect we'll be in for in the Summer. Whilst again his contract expires in 2021, I would hope a small undisclosed fee would be agreed, subject  to him settling in a turning out some decent performances.

do you not think we're looking at wickham as a possible replacement for fletcher next season?

when does fletcher's contract expire?

how much is fletcher on?

12 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Two points - given the fact that th-e loan deals were agreed at the last minute, just imagine a situation had the loans NOT happened. had we shipped out Rhodes, Winnall and some of the others mentioned,  who would have played?

Secondly - it's not just a question of 'ship 'em out'. These are people, believe it or not, , who have their own agreements with the club. For them to go, they have to agree, and more important, SOMEONE HAS TO WANT THEM. 

Calm down no need to shout you will end up having a heart attack. 

Of course someone has to want to take them that obvious, as I said DC needs to review the policy that we follow when we need to move a player on.  Other clubs move their unwanted players on but we have had no success in this area for the last 5 years, this needs looking at surely even you can see that.

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This bit is laughable and just you trying to set Monk up for a fall. 

No chance is the squad better than what Carlos had in 15-17, Carlos had a fully fit and prime K Lee, Westwood, Bannan, FF, a reasonably fit Hopper, a CB pairing of Lees and Loovens playing their best football etc etc

All those players above are either gone or nowhere near the same players they were, so yes on paper we have some of the same names, but absolutely they aren't as good as they once were, hence why people want to move on the old guard. 

This is going to take sometime to sort out and Monk deserves the chance to do it. 

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

carlos had the 'best squad' he got it for free off gray, it only wanted a forward line and it was a serious promotion, even a title contender.

then he and dc ****ed about with it, and altered it's championship football approach, to something akin to southern european (hot weather) paced football, and with the money pissedup against the wall, we STILL need a forward line, but by now the bulk of that gray/carvalhal side is passed it.

5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

IF you can't see that our forward line is shyte without fletcher, or a 15 minute 'burst' from nuhiu at the end of a game, then I don't know who you're watching.

whose this 'most of the deadwood has gone'?

No I can, and I’ve been vocal about for a few seasons It’s what I meant by the squad being unbalanced Re the deadwood, far too numerous to list, but think players like Boyd, Songou, Wiggins etc

6 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Calm down no need to shout you will end up having a heart attack. 

Of course someone has to want to take them that obvious, as I said DC needs to review the policy that we follow when we need to move a player on.  Other clubs move their unwanted players on but we have had no success in this area for the last 5 years, this needs looking at surely even you can see that.

what do other clubs do, send some lads around?

No I can, and I’ve been vocal about for a few seasons It’s what I meant by the squad being unbalanced Re the deadwood, far too numerous to list, but think players like Boyd, Songou, Wiggins etc

yes true, but the big cost (let's be kind and call them non successes) are still clogging the rebuild up. 

going into next season assuming we're still in the championship (one way, or the other) does nuhiu get retained on his last 15 minute performances?

for me (if it carries on all this season) he does.