Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Please refer to the excellent post above from Roadrunner 

I don’t see how I was wrong. It was a crazy scheme that got money in short term. If the team has prospered it would have been OK I guess. Sadly the money was pissed up a wall. 

I suppose Richards’ scheme ended up disastrous rather than simply stupid so I take your point.  But Chansiri ain’t finished yet. 

3 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Just seen figures bandied about saying 100 million or 200 million quid has been spent on him

Do these people have evidence and figures to back this up?

Or is it easy to chuck about a big figure to skew an argument?

According to the accounts we lost £69.3 million in the 3 years from 2015 to 2018. If you add on what we’ve lost since then about £100 million sounds about right.

The annual operating losses have gone up from £5.2 million in 2015 (under Mandaric) to £37.7 million in the last set of accounts in 2018 under DC

E3137A07-9B43-4DD6-A2C1-0CBCE03D1CE7.jpeg

Looking at the club's League and Cup history, performances and international players - Dave Richards time was the most successful period we had in the last 75 years

That is why we all come isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think Dave Richards overall has a mixed record with Wednesday. Our best days in my lifetime were when he was chairmen, brought in Big Ron and gave him and Francis money to bring in some fantastic players.

However made a few average decisions with managers and jumping ship at the end to get job as Premier League chairmen leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

Bert McGee appointed Big Ron not the poo weasel that is Dave Richards.

• Agree 1

Bet you all hated Dave Richards when we were finishing in the top half of the Premier League, winning the League Cup, playing in the FA Cup Final, signing England Internationals and playing the best football we have ever played under a Chairman from Sheffield

Give me a Thai that had never heard of us 5 years ago, sold our stadium to cover his financial incompetence to take us 2 places lower in the old Second Division over that any day

I've seen about 5 games now in 18 months and every one of them was crap. 

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, OurDan said:

Bet you all hated Dave Richards when we were finishing in the top half of the Premier League, winning the League Cup, playing in the FA Cup Final, signing England Internationals and playing the best football we have ever played under a Chairman from Sheffield

Give me a Thai that had never heard of us 5 years ago, sold our stadium to cover his financial incompetence to take us 2 places lower in the old Second Division over that any day

Why is his Thai nationality even mentioned in your post? …….. Sinister!

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You missed the point about Richards being a local Chairman

Suggesting my post was racist instead of addressing the point pretty much sums you up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Think he is pointing out that he has no real connection with Sheffield, probably not even heard of the city until about 2 weeks before he took over.
I think having a local identity is important to some if not all fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OurDan said:

The foundations for all that you mention were built under the stewardship of the often forgotten Bert McGee and I would argue the relative successes of the early 90's were in spite of Richards and not because of him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, OurDan said:

You missed the point about Richards being a local Chairman

Suggesting my post was racist instead of addressing the point pretty much sums you up

Why did you feel the need to mention it?

Do you have a problem with "Foreigners"?

1 minute ago, Prince said:

The foundations for all that you mention were built under the stewardship of the often forgotten Bert McGee and I would argue the relative successes of the early 90's were in spite of Richards and not because of him.

The foundations for our Wembley play off final were built under the stewardship of Milan Mandaric and I would argue the relative successes of the first 2 years of Chansiri were in spite of Chansiri and not because of him

Easy this isn't it

1 minute ago, OurDan said:

The foundations for our Wembley play off final were built under the stewardship of Milan Mandaric and I would argue the relative successes of the first 2 years of Chansiri were in spite of Chansiri and not because of him

Easy this isn't it

Did Milan appoint the manager who took us to the play off final? 

It's only easy when your retorts are backed up with facts.

• Agree 1

Just now, OurDan said:

Easy this isn't it

Is that one of the games you attended?

If we had gone up in those first two years, we would be pushing for Europe, and he would be a hero.

Think we should cut him some slack, no one could have done more, and the unfairness of FFP is holding us back at the moment.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Prince said:

Think Richard must take some of the credit for the some of the success of the early 90s.
One of my mates Mums worked at the club on match day at the time and one of the Wembley games he went round everyones house to make sure all the staff had tickets for the game and were taken there and back in style. So I dont think he was 100% bad bloke at all.
But he must also share a lot of the responsibility for the start of the rot that 20 years later we are still having. Getting out while  he could for a cushy job with the Premier league is indefensible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parsons Cross Owl said:

If we had gone up in those first two years, we would be pushing for Europe, and he would be a hero.

Think we should cut him some slack, no one could have done more, and the unfairness of FFP is holding us back at the moment.

Give over!! What do you base that on?

• Agree 2

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think Richard must take some of the credit for the some of the success of the early 90s.
One of my mates Mums worked at the club on match day at the time and one of the Wembley games he went round everyones house to make sure all the staff had tickets for the game and were taken there and back in style. So I dont think he was 100% bad bloke at all.
But he must also share a lot of the responsibility for the start of the rot that 20 years later we are still having. Getting out while  he could for a cushy job with the Premier league is indefensible.

Sorry but the statement "He when round to everyone's House". Did he come down the chimney in a red suit with a fake beard? I very much doubt he was in the habit of make home visits to the 100+ staff at the time. 

• Haha 1