Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

Old head and loanees? Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees, Lee, Palmer and Nuhui were all the club when he took over and were a good age in their early to mid 20s. 

I wouldn’t put lads like Maghoma or Maguire in either of those categories either.

And we had a good coach. I can’t see how we were relegation threatened when we were 9th in the table

Would have kept Gray without doubt. Age wise Loovens 30. Pudil 30, Wallace 30+, Westwood 30, Hutchinson on loan from Chelsea. Nuhui Maguire and Maghoma bench players. Not sure Lees was here under Gray.and wasn't Palmer on loan at Tranmere ? Mandaric got out because the club needed major funding and he wasnt prepared to do it. DC may well have made some big mistakes but no one can question his commitment and willingness to inject his cash. Dont really see anyone riding over the horizon waving wads of cash wanting to purchase us and when Mandaric put us up for sale he only attracted a dodgy Azerbajanee businessman and then DC.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

So you dont who we are in debt to .....

I never referred to debt. I referred to losses i.e. spending more than we have coming in. 

Since Chansiri bought the club, how many years have we posted a profit? In those years, were there any one-off transactions?

Not really sure what your problem is, but it’s boring and slightly strange. 

Edited by i used to be sc_owl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Would have kept Gray without doubt. Age wise Loovens 30. Pudil 30, Wallace 30+, Westwood 30, Hutchinson on loan from Chelsea. Nuhui Maguire and Maghoma bench players. Not sure Lees was here under Gray.and wasn't Palmer on loan at Tranmere ? Mandaric got out because the club needed major funding and he wasnt prepared to do it. DC may well have made some big mistakes but no one can question his commitment and willingness to inject his cash. Dont really see anyone riding over the horizon waving wads of cash wanting to purchase us and when Mandaric put us up for sale he only attracted a dodgy Azerbajanee businessman and then DC.

This was the squad from the first home game after Chansiri took over before he’d put any money in or signed anyone.

It’s probably a stronger squad than the one we’ll have out tomorrow 

43E418C3-C58D-4F7D-91A4-7E90B28875A6.png

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is there is no guarantee that another chairman would be any better the ones we have had in the previous 20 years haven't been. 

While he continues to put his own money into the club. He has my support.

So just cos he’s put his money in (admittedly a lot) you are happy we are being run as badly as we are.

Ridiculous logic.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

So just cos he’s put his money in (admittedly a lot) you are happy we are being run as badly as we are.

Ridiculous logic.

FFP is our biggest problem not Chansiri.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, nilsson said:

This was the squad from the first home game after Chansiri took over before he’d put any money in or signed anyone.

The only four players any good on that list are the four players that will probably miss out tomorrow as we have better options. ( supposedly). Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees, Lee. 

Keane and May were a thing of nightmares. Granted Winnall and Rhodes ain't much better.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

The only four players any good on that list are the four players that will probably miss out tomorrow as we have better options. ( supposedly). Westwood, Hutchinson, Lees, Lee. 

Keane and May were a thing of nightmares. Granted Winnall and Rhodes ain't much better.

Westwood, Lees, Hutchinson and Lee were all better players then than they are now because they were 5 years younger.

Is Odubajo an upgrade on Mattock?

Is Pelupessy better than Semedo?

Is Winnall much of an improvement on May?

And the bench looks stronger then than ours did at Wigan on Tuesday

21 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

FFP is our biggest problem not Chansiri.

Again, ridiculous logic.

If we are run in a correct and sustainable way then FFP doesn’t come in to it. 

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I never referred to debt. I referred to losses i.e. spending more than we have coming in. 

Since Chansiri bought the club, how many years have we posted a profit? In those years, were there any one-off transactions?

Not really sure what your problem is, but it’s boring and slightly strange. 

i dont have a problem was  just replying to your post that our financial position is  worse than in the past …...how you came to that conclusion is what puzzled me ….now you've explained in words rather than silly pictures or flip comments  what you was on about I can understand but  not agree why you think  that we are worse off than 10 years ago when were on the verge of being wound up . …..

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

i dont have a problem was  just replying to your post that our financial position is  worse than in the past …...how you came to that conclusion is what puzzled me ….now you've explained in words rather than silly pictures or flip comments  what you was on about I can understand but  not agree why you think  that we are worse off than 10 years ago when were on the verge of being wound up . …..

At the time, we were not stuck with huge wages and insane prices. It was a game of brinkmanship between the owners and a prospective buyer. It was in everyone’s interest for the club to be sold before we actually went under.  It was just a question of valuing the club. 

As of now, we are in a position where we have damaged our reputation with everyone from the EFL to the local council and media. We have squandered millions upon millions and are now stuck with an owner who probably cannot sell without realising a huge loss. 

At least back in 2010/2011 it was in everyone’s interest to sell.  It’s my belief DC needs to sell for us to progress, but will he do that at a loss?

22 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Again, ridiculous logic.

When have we ever been ran in a correct and sustainable way?

Besides which if it could be done, forget trying to get promoted...almost impossible.

Not only do we have parachute clubs to contend with but half the foookin league are 'cheating'..

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Again, ridiculous logic.

Basically he gambled ( finacially)and lost. Alot of clubs are doing it now. And in worse positions than us. Had we been promoted he would have been a hero.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

As of now, we are in a position where we have damaged our reputation with everyone from the EFL to the local council and media. We have squandered millions upon millions and are now stuck with an owner who probably cannot sell without realising a huge loss. 

At least back in 2010/2011 it was in everyone’s interest to sell.  It’s my belief DC needs to sell for us to progress, but will he do that at a loss?

I wouldn't worry to much about our reputation, we survived the bribes , the disaster ,not paying the co-op bank back and we arnt the only club to fall foul of EFL dopey rules . …….chansiri will never get his money back without promotion  think that's a given so sooner or later he as to sell at a loss unless he's happy to keep putting in enough to keep us afloat but he'd have to be the crappiest of crap business men to keep doing that …..lets hope he isn't . 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Basically he gambled ( finacially)and lost. Alot of clubs are doing it now. And in worse positions than us. Had we been promoted he would have been a hero.

Yep, agree. If his gamble had paid off he would have been a hero.

Does that give him free reign to make mistake after mistake and get us into the state we are in now?

Just because he has put his money in, which don't forget he has only done to try and get a result on his investment, doesn’t absolve him from criticism for making mistakes repeatedly.

Everybody make mistakes, successful people learn from them. He hasn’t  

• Agree 2

:Chansiri:

giphy.gif

Edited by F. Spiksley

5 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Yep, agree. If his gamble had paid off he would have been a hero.

Does that give him free reign to make mistake after mistake and get us into the state we are in now?

Just because he has put his money in, which don't forget he has only done to try and get a result on his investment, doesn’t absolve him from criticism for making mistakes repeatedly.

Everybody make mistakes, successful people learn from them. He hasn’t  

to answer your question  sadly he does a have a free reign to make as many mistakes as he wants …...

1 hour ago, nilsson said:

you must be flipping pissed you ducking moron

• Thanks 2

Despite how poo we may be at the moment, there’s not a chance that the squad above is better than what we have. 

• Agree 4