I agree with the general gist of the OP that things have turned a bit sour recently and we need a rethink on how the club is run on and off the pitch.
But I wouldn't go as far as to say we need to be relegated. 
Look at Sunderland I bet some of there fans were saying how being in league 1 for a season might not be such bad thing and now they are into the 3rd season which is likely to go to a 4th season at least.

20 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I know I will get negged to death for this but what our club needs is relegation to League One. Let's take the EFL 12 point hit and start over. It is soul destroying seeing the state we're in on and off the pitch. Let's be honest things couldn't be going any worse and seeing what the other lot from across the City are doing just compounds our misery even further

This hurts but they deserve all the credit in the world. They are a club transformed in every sense of the word. Not only are they in the Prem but they are competing with the best. They gave both Liverpool and City a right go and could easily have come away from those matches with something. Seeing them pull of £22m International signings just rubs salt in the wounds

This post is not about them but about us. We need a complete overhaul. I couldn't give a rats back side if we are in the Prem or League Two as long as we have a team to be proud of. It has got to the point where I am sick to the back teeth of seeing the same names on the teamsheet week after week, season after season. Most have been here for years and it's time they are moved on even if that means selling them on the cheap or releasing them. We need to start again from zero. Build a new young side and if that means getting relegated then so be it. I want another side like the one we had back in 2004. Unproven youth with a point to prove. I was so proud of that side. Bullen, Heckingbottom, Whelan, Brunt, MacLean etc. They were so passionate and you could see what it meant to them playing for Sheffield Wednesday

DC has made mistakes granted but he does have the club at heart otherwise he wouldn't have spent the money he has and would have sold us. He needs to learn from those mistakes and put people in charge with football experience who know how to run a club. As for Monk, it's hard to critisise him when he hasn't been able to bring in his own players

Like I said above, things need to change both on and off the pitch and if it takes another relegation for that to happen then i'd accept that 

The only good thing to come from going down would be the parachute payments, especially if we went straight back up at first attempt we would also then get parachute payments going back up, probably get us out of all FFP problems with money left to buy players!

Just playing devils advocate here ya know!       :rolleyes: