prowl

Josh Windass Signs - OFFICIAL

24 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I can’t disagree with you that’s why I think he’s better in a forwards three but he’s probably the best creative player we have to link attack and midfield which says more about our current crop 

I’m thinking like Gary hooper did drop deep for it this would surly be an ideal role for windass

that said I don’t know loads about him 

FF left in a 3 (if he ever decides he wants to play) windass right. Hopefully free bannan to play further forward with 1 box to box (luongo/lee) and 1 defensive (hutch/Pelupessy)

• Like 1

Would be a great signing .....edge to him ... great work rate .......got that nastiness that we have been lacking for years 

• Like 1

Is Windass any good? Can’t get a regular start in a struggling Wigan site

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

FF left in a 3 (if he ever decides he wants to play) windass right. Hopefully free bannan to play further forward with 1 box to box (luongo/lee) and 1 defensive (hutch/Pelupessy)

listening to monk today FF is nearly fit for full selection he pulled him from on under 23 game this week because he didn’t want him playing on astroturf 

but he could be expected to be in the squad 

and I think I’ve resigned that Bannan is a deep lying playmaker he played that role at Villa I agree I’d like to see him further up field because he’s not a defensive midfielder but he likes to play deep probably because of is range of passing 

now the question is do we overcompensate by accommodating Bannan in this role? I’m not for one minute suggesting Bannan is rubbish I’d say he’s our best it contender for best player what I’m saying is does everybody else become less effective as a team because of how Bannan plays or do we as team need to adapt to play around him or Bannan adapt to play in a more advanced position 

30 minutes ago, cain said:

Is Windass any good? Can’t get a regular start in a struggling Wigan site

Well people can butter it up all they want but that just says it all on how good he is...

Just now, Ferkorf said:

Well people can butter it up all they want but that just says it all on how good he is...

he has been playing until recently. Apparently he has fallen out with Cook (seems a common thing)

1 minute ago, Ferkorf said:

Our current options are dogshit, as long as he's better than them it's an improvement 

• Haha 1

Some players just don’t seem to get going at certain clubs for some reason... look at Rhodes etc... Winnall did alright at Barnsley and Derby. 

Let’s not write him off before he’s even signed eh!

Just now, Ferkorf said:

He’s better and more enthusiastic than anyone in our team at the moment..... He fell out with Paul Cook cos he regretted going to Wigan in the first place ..thought he could better ......Anyone who thinks pelupessy ..winnall ..Rhodes etc are better players than windass need their heads shaking !!

11 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Bit like John Sheridan at Forrest maybe 

Not sure how I feel about us signing an attacking player, who can't get a game in the WORST attacking team in the division...

Hopefully will provide some good competition between Murphy/Harris/Reach/Windass although I would like to see Reach playing more centrally.

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

Such a weird signing this is.

Not really though is it. It’s type of player we have needed. 

What I have seen of windass he has energy something the squad is clearly lacking

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stocksyuto said:

Why? he's different to anything we have. He's a link up player, one that plays behind a single forward. 

We just don't have a player that does this. 

5 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

In what way is it a weird signing?

The type of high energy player I can see buzzing round and feeding off a fletcher / wickham / nuhiu. A bit left field but has qualities we lack....

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Why? he's different to anything we have. He's a link up player, one that plays behind a single forward. 

We just don't have a player that does this. 

Regardless of how he plays, he has played 50% of the season with a team sat in the bottom 3 , cant get a game, and Wigan fans dont rate him. 

I'm not saying I'm against it , it's just a strange one,  I'm interested to see how he gets on like.

Let's be honest here no one expected this one and it's underwhelming