Josh Windass Signs - OFFICIAL

If the deal is cost neutral i’d rather take a chance on Windass rather than persevere with Rhodes. I’ve backed Rhodes, but enough is enough. He’s offers very little, at best, and it’s getting embarrassing at times. Time to move on. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

If the deal is cost neutral i’d rather take a chance on Windass rather than persevere with Rhodes. I’ve backed Rhodes, but enough is enough. He’s offers very little, at best, and it’s getting embarrassing at times. Time to move on. 

Agreed. I think he’ll score goals at another team. For his sake and ours he needs to move on. It’s just not going to happen for him here for whatever reason. 

19 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ridiculous isn't it. Everyone knew we were after a striker when the transfer window opened then Fletcher got injured and our weak hand became even weaker in negotiating terms. The longer we leave it the worse it gets as we are desperate for better options up front and now it comes down to the final day. Monk said he hoped to get someone in early, then hoped to have two players in time for the Wigan game.....

Watching transfer talk on SSN they were saying that this window is difficult because people want to buy but nobody wants to sell and if they do sell it's last minute.

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

This 100%.

Do we have a goal scoring midfielder that’s more attack minded 

the closet we’ve got is keiren lee but he’s more box to box and arrives late 

luongo again more box to box wouldn’t say he is as much as a goal threat to lee 

Bannan plays too deep to be the goal scorer although he creates from deep

hutch and pelupessy are defensive 

reach should only be played wide 

forestieri might be our nearest thing if played behind the striker we’ve missed that link since Gary hooper he was class at linking everything and making us tick and chipping in with goals 

Just now, fpowl said:

Do we have a goal scoring midfielder that’s more attack minded 

the closet we’ve got is keiren lee but he’s more box to box and arrives late 

luongo again more box to box wouldn’t say he is as much as a goal threat to lee 

Bannan plays too deep to be the goal scorer although he creates from deep

hutch and pelupessy are defensive 

reach should only be played wide 

forestieri might be our nearest thing if played behind the striker we’ve missed that link since Gary hooper he was class at linking everything and making us tick and chipping in with goals 

Or if indeed FF played at all  in between suspensions and injuries.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Is anyone heading out then?

I remember Windass giving us a hard time in a friendly for rangers. Seems quite raw but physical and aggressive. I think he plays wide right too?

Ye can play down middle or wide. 

Edited by sheffwed1