Josh Windass Signs - OFFICIAL

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What else do you suggest?

At the 11th hour & seemingly with no opportunity to buy...beggars can't be choosers. We just have to try and reinvigorate our forward line with 2 or 3 new and hope they spark.

I can see the attraction in Windass.

Good age. Room for potential. Currently out of favour and perhaps available to get him relatively cheaply at the end of the season. And therefore, sell on value.

But, more importantly, he's a No. 10. A position we currently have nobody in the squad able to fulfil the role. 

If Monk wants to utilise a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 type system, then it's an absolute must. He's tried 4-4-2, but it hasn't really clicked. And without Fletcher in the side, the 4-3-3 leaves the midfield and attack to isolated. 

Windass can play as a No.10 who'll break lines, has pace to run at players and get into goalscoring positions. He can also be employed out wide, but it's not his best position. With a creator like Bannan behind him, it could be a shrewd move.

The question I'm asking myself is...WHY LEAVE IT TIL DEADLINE DAY?! You can't help but feel there's an element of panic in the deal.

Quote from Josh when Rangers sold him to Wigan (for £2m) 

“The manager told me I would be playing out wide and I prefer playing down the middle. For the sake of my own career I needed to play in a position where I can affect the game a lot more.

“I think playing out wide I wouldn’t really have scored the goals for Rangers in that position. In the past I haven’t really scored from playing out wide.” 

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The day our city rivals break their transfer record, paying £22m to sign a midfielder who was linked with Liverpool and Man Utd, we look to be wanting to loan Josh Windass.

Was only 3 years ago the Blades provided all the laughing material!

How thoroughly depressing.

And yet I wouldn't swap all that to be a pig. 

Being an owl is something no amount of money can buy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

So how long exactly have you followed his career? 

Seen him plenty of times in his Rangers days. Though I think that’s irrelevant. My biggest concern is an attacking player who can’t get a game in a crap Wigan team who struggle for goals and points. Hardly the most ringing of endorsements.

That said, if he signs and he’s a player Monk wants, then we have to respect that and support him.

58 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I can see the attraction in Windass.

Good age. Room for potential. Currently out of favour and perhaps available to get him relatively cheaply at the end of the season. And therefore, sell on value.

But, more importantly, he's a No. 10. A position we currently have nobody in the squad able to fulfil the role. 

If Monk wants to utilise a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 type system, then it's an absolute must. He's tried 4-4-2, but it hasn't really clicked. And without Fletcher in the side, the 4-3-3 leaves the midfield and attack to isolated. 

Windass can play as a No.10 who'll break lines, has pace to run at players and get into goalscoring positions. He can also be employed out wide, but it's not his best position. With a creator like Bannan behind him, it could be a shrewd move.

The question I'm asking myself is...WHY LEAVE IT TIL DEADLINE DAY?! You can't help but feel there's an element of panic in the deal.

Ridiculous isn't it. Everyone knew we were after a striker when the transfer window opened then Fletcher got injured and our weak hand became even weaker in negotiating terms. The longer we leave it the worse it gets as we are desperate for better options up front and now it comes down to the final day. Monk said he hoped to get someone in early, then hoped to have two players in time for the Wigan game.....

8 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Difficult to understand. Ok if you want to go down that route. 

Then why can't he get in totally crap Wigan side if he's that good 

Answer is hes poor 

Is that it ? 
your knowledge of the player is insurmountable, you should be a scout .  
Ps 

Rumour  has it he has fallen out with Cook 

Edited by hugeowl
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The day our city rivals break their transfer record, paying £22m to sign a midfielder who was linked with Liverpool and Man Utd, we look to be wanting to loan Josh Windass.

Was only 3 years ago the Blades provided all the laughing material!

How thoroughly depressing.

I wonder if they thought the same when we were pushing for promotion and breaking our transfer record on a proven goal scorer at this level while they were getting John Fleck on a free from Coventry and Leon Clarke. 

I will never be sad that I don't support the red and white quarter of this city regardless of where the two clubs are at.