35 years ago today......Reyt neet!

An appalling night. One I would far rather forget.

3-0 up. A two-legged affair against a weak Sunderland team to come. We were odds-on to reach Wembley.

Sits alongside Forest in May 1990 and the Huddersfield play off as one of the great home traumas. (By the time of Palace in 2010 I was beyond caring).

6 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

An appalling night. One I would far rather forget.

3-0 up. A two-legged affair against a weak Sunderland team to come. We were odds-on to reach Wembley

As a 13 year old at the time I thought I was destined to never get to see us at Wembley. Following on from the FA cup semi defeat to Brighton a couple of years previously

By 1993 I was sick of the place ! 

Edited by Baldrick

No it wasn't.

We threw away yet another lead. I'd also seen us lose to Brighton at Highbury and thought I'd never see us at Wembley.

I ripped my new Wednesday Cagoule climbing over the railings in Hillsborough Park on the way home.

Bawled my eyes out to my mum when I got home.

And that basically set the pattern for the last 35 years.

Sheffield Wednesday...….. finding new ways to kick fans in the balls since 1867.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Steelman said:

No it wasn't.

We threw away yet another lead. I'd also seen us lose to Brighton at Highbury and thought I'd never see us at Wembley.

I ripped my new Wednesday Cagoule climbing over the railings in Hillsborough Park on the way home.

Bawled my eyes out to my mum when I got home.

And that basically set the pattern for the last 35 years.

Sheffield Wednesday...….. finding new ways to kick fans in the balls since 1867.

Well indeed. An appalling spineless second half. That Wilkinson side could be great, but when it was bad, goodness me it was bad.